Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

replace 13 with the itemID (look the item on wowhead, the number in the URL is the itemID). I added a casting check because while GCD still counts as cooldown for spells, it doesn't for trinkets and would spam if you use the macro while casting a spell
    Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    This should work with any trinket.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s,i,L; s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID("player",s); L=GetInventoryItemLink("player", s); if (GetItemCooldown(i)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED "..L,"SAY")end
    Thanks a lot, both of you!

"s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID" was exactly what I was looking for!

My macros ended up like this,

Nimble Brew:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Nimble Brew
    /run local s="Nimble Brew"if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("I used NIMBLE","SAY")end

PvP trinket (non human):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s,i,L; s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID("player",s); L=GetInventoryItemLink("player", s); if (GetItemCooldown(i)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I used PVP TRINKET","SAY")end

PvP trinket (human):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Every Man for Himself
    /run local s="Every Man for Himself"if (GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I used PVP TRINKET","SAY")end

Anything unnecessary/something to add, too optimize? It seems to be working, so far.

What is the best macro for Melee abilities now days?
    In the past you used to have:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Spellname
    But what do you use now days to maximize damage as melee?

I don't know if it's possible to make macros for toys but I'm looking for a castsequence macro that would use the following 2 toys: picnic-basket fishing-chair

Toys are spells. Just use the full name of a toy like you would any other spell.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Hello! Is there a way to inlclude a class mount (paladins Charger) with Summon Favourite Mount? Right now im using a script which will cast my random favourite mounts, plus the water strider only if im on water:

#showtooltip Invincible
    /run if IsOutdoors() then if IsSwimming() and not IsFlyableArea() then CastSpellByName"Crimson Water Strider" else C_MountJournal.Summon(0) end end

Can I include my Charger somehow?

Deleted
    Can someone help me with the following macro please?

1.) If I mouseover a friendly target, I want it to be Renew
    2.) If my target is enemy, I want it to be Shadow Word: Pain
    3.) If my target is friendly, I want it to be Renew

Basically, I want it to act as Renew on friendly targets and as Shadow Word: Pain on enemy targets. However, I also want to be able to use it as a mouseover macro, when I mouseover friendly targets. I don't want mouseover for enemy targets though.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenor32 View Post
    Can someone help me with the following macro please?

1.) If I mouseover a friendly target, I want it to be Renew
    2.) If my target is enemy, I want it to be Shadow Word: Pain
    3.) If my target is friendly, I want it to be Renew

Basically, I want it to act as Renew on friendly targets and as Shadow Word: Pain on enemy targets. However, I also want to be able to use it as a mouseover macro, when I mouseover friendly targets. I don't want mouseover for enemy targets though.

Thanks!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Renew; [help,nodead] Renew; [harm] Shadow Word: Pain

That should work. If you have no target and no friendly mouseover, though, it won't do anything and will look like a question mark on your bar.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That should work. If you have no target and no friendly mouseover, though, it won't do anything and will look like a question mark on your bar.
    Thank you very much!

I know you can make macros with a chat line that only fires when the spell is cast, so you don't spam the chat.

Is that also possible with a sound? Like /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Isiset\\VO_HO_Isiset_Event02.ogg")

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I know you can make macros with a chat line that only fires when the spell is cast, so you don't spam the chat.

Is that also possible with a sound? Like /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Isiset\\VO_HO_Isiset_Event02.ogg")
    Yup macros like that are pretty fun, I have a few.. this one plays a FUS RO DAH! sound clip from Skyrim when I successfully Dragon Roar...

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2]Shockwave;[talent:4/3]Dragon Roar;Storm Bolt
    /run if GetSpellCooldown(118000)==0 then PlaySoundFile("Interface\\fus.mp3") end
    /use Bloodbath
    /use Concussion Blow
    Depending on what type of spell you're trying to cast there's some more options you can add to that so it won't spam like making sure you have control of your character when you press it so it won't spam if you're being feared etc.

This does a RP emote
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Death Grip")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Death Grip", 'target')==1 and HasFullControl() then SendChatMessage("is snatchin your people up.","EMOTE",nil,nil);end
    /targetenemy [nogroup,noharm]
    /cast Death Grip

This one plays the "sweep the leg, you have a problem with that?" sound file from The Karate Kid, but since I have it on Shift+4 I had to make another adjustment.

Code:
    #showtooltip Tiger Palm
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack
    /run local c="Leg Sweep";if GetSpellCooldown(c)==0 and IsShiftKeyDown() then PlaySoundFile("Interface\\sweep.mp3") end
    /cast [mod:shift]Leg Sweep;Tiger Palm
    ----------

Actually listened to your sound and I'll take a wild guess at what you want to use it for.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Holy Radiance")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Holy Radiance", 'mouseover')==1 and HasFullControl() then PlaySoundKitID(18845) end
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Holy Radiance
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-04-13 at 04:02 AM. Reason: shortened macro thanks Kanegasi

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

You can save a ton of characters by using the sound ids. For the Isiset sound file mentioned, just PlaySoundKitID(18845) will do.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

@lawomous
    @Kanegasi

Thank you both for the great help!

I would like to make a Mythic Gorefiend macro into each of my shots that will target

Gorebound Essence first
    Gorebound Spirit second
    Gorebound Construct third

Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I would like to make a Mythic Gorefiend macro into each of my shots that will target

Gorebound Essence first
    Gorebound Spirit second
    Gorebound Construct third

Is that possible?
    It is indeedy. You basically just have to reverse the order - the last on the macro will be the target, due to it being the last thing the macro does.
    Code:
    /tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar Gorebound Spirit
    /tar Gorebound Essence

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It is indeedy. You basically just have to reverse the order - the last on the macro will be the target, due to it being the last thing the macro does.
    Code:
    /tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar Gorebound Spirit
    /tar Gorebound Essence
    Thank you, I'll try it out!

I know the little check box for this exists now but is there a reason why:

Code:
    /run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()do PromoteToAssistant(UnitName("raid"..i))end

No longer works?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    PromoteToAssistant accepts unitIDs and
    Code:
    /run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers() do PromoteToAssistant("raid"..i) end
    should work. Your code is probably bugged because of the screwed up cross-realm naming

/tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar Gorebound Spirit
    /tar Gorebound Essence
    What if I wanted to use this macro, but I wanted to add a shift macro to it that would let me target of only the gore bound construct when I am in the belly?
    Last edited by Dvorjak; 2016-04-14 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I wanted to use this macro, but I wanted to add a shift macro to it that would let me target of only the gore bound construct when I am in the belly?
    Code:
    /tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar [nomod:shift] Gorebound Spirit
    /tar [nomod:shift] Gorebound Essence

That should work.
    Last edited by shanthi; 2016-04-14 at 03:58 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Code:
    /tar Gorebound Construct
    /tar [nomod:shift] Gorebound Spirit
    /tar [nomod:shift] Gorebound Essence

That should work.
    How do I make it so it doesn't target the dead bodies?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so here is the full macro that I am using, but it seems to target the dead Gorebound Construct body. How do I fix that?

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /startattack
    /tar [nodead]Gorefiend
    /tar [nodead]Gorebound Spirit
    /tar [nodead]Gorebound Essence
    /tar [nodead]Gorebound Construct
    /cast Steady Shot

I have also tried:
    #showtooltip Steady Shot
    /startattack
    /tar [exists]Gorefiend
    /tar [exists]Gorebound Spirit
    /tar [exists]Gorebound Essence
    /tar [exists]Gorebound Construct
    /cast Steady Shot

BUT, it still targets the dead body of the Gorebound Construct
    Last edited by Dvorjak; 2016-04-14 at 06:44 PM.