Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that would target any available enemy and cast a spell, but only if there is no current target. If there is current target, then let it cast on current target.

I've been browsing forums and found macro that looks very advanced, but happens to do the job for me, but it probably is an overkill and could be simplified for my purpose. Or should I stick to if if it works?

Code:
    #showtooltip BOOM SPELL
    /cast [@target, harm, nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead] BOOM SPELL
    /stopmacro [target, harm]
    /targetenemy
    /cast BOOM SPELL
    /targetlasttarget
    This should be what you need:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@target,harm,nodead] BOOM SPELL
    /stopmacro [target,harm]
    /targetenemy
    /cast BOOM SPELL
    However, if I'm not mistaken, isn't this the default behavior of every harmful spell? On my paladin, using Judgment will automatically target an enemy.

Thanks, it works well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    However, if I'm not mistaken, isn't this the default behavior of every harmful spell? On my paladin, using Judgment will automatically target an enemy.
    I don't have access to live atm, but beta shouldn't be any different from live. I'm playing shadow priest and my spells don't autotarget enemies, I always have "you have no target" error. Maybe a class feature for paladins?
    Last edited by solshine2510; 2016-06-01 at 07:20 PM.

You can simplify that quite a bit:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [@target,noharm]
    /cast BOOM SPELL
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm looking for a macro that would target any available enemy and cast a spell, but only if there is no current target. If there is current target, then let it cast on current target.

I've been browsing forums and found macro that looks very advanced, but happens to do the job for me, but it probably is an overkill and could be simplified for my purpose. Or should I stick to if if it works?
    -snip-
    This is my base macro for 99% of my spells and it does what you want.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /cast Fireball

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [@target,noharm]
    /cast BOOM SPELL
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Fireball
    Is there a way to add mouseover target into any of them? and @Focus with modifier?

What I'm trying to accomplish now is to adjust my current macro I've been using with my spells so that it does the above in addition to what it does now, which is:
    1. cancels aura if there is one,
    2. casts @Focus with mod:shift,
    3. casts @mouseover.

What I would like to add is:

4. target new enemy and cast at it if no current target. You guys have posted great macros, but I have failed to incorporate your suggestions into my existing macro

Code:
    #showtooltip Mind Blast
    /cancelaura dispersion
    /cast [mod:shift @Focus] @mouseover,nodead,harm][] mind blast

I think this should do what you're looking for (using lawomous' formulation, since it's better than mine):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast [mod:shift,@ focus][@mouseover,nodead,harm][] Mind Blast

(Remove the space between "@" and "focus"...just did that to prevent the new mention system from breaking the syntax even more.)
    Last edited by shanthi; 2016-06-04 at 07:34 PM.

I think this should do what you're looking for (using lawomous' formulation, since it's better than mine):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast [mod:shift,@ focus]  @mouseover,nodead,harm][] Mind Blast

(Remove the space between "@" and "focus"...just did that to prevent the new mention system from breaking the syntax even more.)
    Thank you, it works One last thing that would make it 1000% perfect: could the lines be rearranged in a way that the "/targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]" is executed only if there's no mouseover? I mean so that when casting @mouseover and without target, it wouldn't target nearest enemy. So that it does /targetenemy as last resort, if I may say so .

Thank you, it works One last thing that would make it 1000% perfect: could the lines be rearranged in a way that the "/targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]" is executed only if there's no mouseover? I mean so that when casting @mouseover and without target, it wouldn't target nearest enemy. So that it does /targetenemy as last resort, if I may say so .

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help][nomod][@ mouseover,noexists]
    /cast [mod:shift,@ focus][@ mouseover,nodead,harm][] Mind Blast

I think that should work. I also added the "[nomod]" so it also won't try to grab a target if you press shift to hit your focus, truly making it "last resort." If you don't want that functionality, you can remove that bit.

Again, remember to remove the spaces after the "@" signs.

Im looking for a macro to target myself, cast Holy Prisms and Holy Wrath if possible.
    Thx

Is there a way to make a macro that does the following:
    If I'm channeling/casting fishing, don't do nothing, but if I'm not casting/channeling anything, cast fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Is there a way to make a macro that does the following:
    If I'm channeling/casting fishing, don't do nothing, but if I'm not casting/channeling anything, cast fishing?
    This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip Fishing
    /cast [nochanneling:Fishing] Fishing

This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip Fishing
    /cast [nochanneling:Fishing] Fishing
    Yea, that was it. Thank you very much.

So I have these two macros I'm going to use for easy equipping of BoE items stashed away for the transmog system. Any way to combine them into a single macro sequence?

Code:
    /run local F,f=GetMouseFocus(),RgC or CreateFrame("Button","RgC",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate")f:SetAttribute("type","item")f:SetAttribute("item",(F:GetName()or""):match("^Container")and format("%d %d",F:GetParent():GetID(),F:GetID())or"")
    /click RgC
    Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    The first, is the mouseover selection in my bags, the second 'clicks' yes to the popup window to bind the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    So I have these two macros I'm going to use for easy equipping of BoE items stashed away for the transmog system. Any way to combine them into a single macro sequence?

Code:
    /run local F,f=GetMouseFocus(),RgC or CreateFrame("Button","RgC",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate")f:SetAttribute("type","item")f:SetAttribute("item",(F:GetName()or""):match("^Container")and format("%d %d",F:GetParent():GetID(),F:GetID())or"")
    /click RgC
    Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    The first, is the mouseover selection in my bags, the second 'clicks' yes to the popup window to bind the item.
    This macro will cycle through all items in your bags and equip everything one by one with no confirmations.

Code:
    /run for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do
    for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b) do
    local l=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)
    if l then
    if format('%9$s',GetItemInfo(l)) ~= '' then
    EquipItemByName(l) EquipPendingItem(0)
    end end end end

After it's done, you'll be left with a hodgepodge of equipment worn, so make sure you have saved sets to return to if you don't want to manually redress yourself. Your bags will also be pretty messy if you have a lot of equipment to cycle through.

If you want a rarity filter with the macro, like only autoconfirming blues and greens and leaving purples alone, paste the following into any active addon or make one with it. If you want to use this filter, remove EquipPendingItem(0) from the macro. This code autoconfirms even when manually clicking/dragging equipment so make sure to disable or delete it if you only want to use it with the macro.

Code:
    local AutoConfirmEquip=CreateFrame('frame')
    AutoConfirmEquip:RegisterEvent('EQUIP_BIND_CONFIRM')
    AutoConfirmEquip:RegisterEvent('AUTOEQUIP_BIND_CONFIRM')
    AutoConfirmEquip:SetScript('OnEvent',function(self,event,slot)
        if (GetCursorInfo()) == 'item' then
            if tonumber(format('%3$s',GetItemInfo(format('%3$s',GetCursorInfo())))) < 4 then
                EquipPendingItem(slot)
            end
        end
    end)

So I need a macro to kill an error sound (the same sound as the Game Menu opening). Ive heard the sound called a "fizzle" on blizzard forums and elsewhere. I currently use (and have used since wrath) an addon called ShortMacros to handle error text and "spell not ready yet" voice errors. This "fizzle" has been around the entire time. Its particularly bad on all of the melee classes I play, Paladins being the worst. The strange thing is that it only happens on certain abilities.

Right now Im trying to clean up all of my Demon Hunter stuff for main swapping on live. Chaos Strike is the culprit here. Demon's Bite does not cause the sound.

Current macros-

DB (Works fine no "fizzle") :
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /de
    /cast Demon's Bite
    /startattack
    /ee
    CS (has fizzle):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /de
    /cast Chaos Strike
    /startattack
    /ee
    and ive tried this from wowiki macro page:

Code:
    #showtooltip Chaos Strike
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Chaos Strike
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() 
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);
    The 2nd Chaos Strike macro isnt as bad as the first one, but its still there. There used to be a way to put custom Fizzle<SpellName>.wav sound files into World of Warcraft\Data\itIT\Sound\Spells\Fizzle or World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\Fizzle but those folders dont seem to exist anymore.

Any help would be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

actually I lied its not the ame menu popup sound. Hmm. Ill try to figure out where else the sound is present
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    There used to be a way to put custom Fizzle<SpellName>.wav sound files into World of Warcraft\Data\itIT\Sound\Spells\Fizzle or World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Spells\Fizzle but those folders dont seem to exist anymore.
    I can't remember what patch it happened in, but all the data folders moved out of Data. If you want to replace a sound, make the sound folder in the main folder:

World of Warcraft\Sound\Spells\Fizzle

The five files I found in there are:

FizzleFireA.ogg
    FizzleFrostA.ogg
    FizzleHoyA.ogg
    FizzleNatureA.ogg
    FizzleShadowA.ogg

If you want to replace a sound, make the sound folder in the main folder:

World of Warcraft\Sound\Spells\Fizzle
    So youre saying I have to manually create the sound folder? Then create the 5 ogg files and place them in the path you mention?

So youre saying I have to manually create the sound folder? Then create the 5 ogg files and place them in the path you mention?
    Yes, that's how it has always been done. There has never been default data folders other than the old MPQ files or the new CASC files.

aaah. k gotcha. did not know that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's how it has always been done. There has never been default data folders other than the old MPQ files or the new CASC files.
    Do i create just the sound folder or the entire path after it as well

aaah. k gotcha. did not know that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Do i create just the sound folder or the entire path after it as well
    Entire path as it is in the CASC files. You can use CASCExplorer to view the data files. WoW is programmed to look for any files in the normal file structure of where it's installed before looking in data files, which is how data replacements work. Theoretically, any part of the data files could be replaced like this, but I don't think anyone has tried beyond replacing sounds and simple textures.