Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    ...is there a way to shorten this macro? Asking this as I'd like to add more stuff but I'm near the character cap. Thanks.
    Unfortunately no, but you can get rid of spaces:

#showtooltip
    /use [talent:4/1,mod:shift @Focus,harm][talent:4/1 @mouseover,harm][talent:4/1]Hook;[talent:4/2,mod:shift @Focus,harm][talent:4/2 @mouseover,harm][talent:4/2]Asphyxiate;

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post

#showtooltip
    /use [talent:4/1,mod:shift @Focus,harm][talent:4/1 @mouseover,harm][talent:4/1]Hook;[talent:4/2,mod:shift @Focus,harm][talent:4/2 @mouseover,harm][talent:4/2]Asphyxiate;
    Addon called TalentMacro makes macros like that easily. with less space. and a lot less typing. Check it out
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post

#showtooltip
    Damn ok too bad. Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    Addon called TalentMacro makes macros like that easily. with less space. and a lot less typing. Check it out
    Will have to check it out later. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    I dont even use a focus so I haven't run into this problem myself, but now that the changes have freed up so many binds maybe I'll try to work it in :P

Deleted
    a very easy thing for you macro pros
    never did a mouseover macro, but i need one now coz Healbot isn't updated yet to include Light of the Martyr... so.. please write me one so i will bind that macro into healbot instead of light of martyr to cast it on who i hover over on healbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhimself1234 View Post
    a very easy thing for you macro pros
    never did a mouseover macro, but i need one now coz Healbot isn't updated yet to include Light of the Martyr... so.. please write me one so i will bind that macro into healbot instead of light of martyr to cast it on who i hover over on healbot.
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player]Light of the Martyr

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Entire path as it is in the CASC files. You can use CASCExplorer to view the data files. WoW is programmed to look for any files in the normal file structure of where it's installed before looking in data files, which is how data replacements work. Theoretically, any part of the data files could be replaced like this, but I don't think anyone has tried beyond replacing sounds and simple textures.

FINALLY got this shit to work. Was a combination of THIS thread and THIS curse download. Relief.
    Science the shit out of it!

The macro below to reset instances no longer works for me after prepatch dropped. Is there an updated version? I do have 'allow scripts' on in wow.

/script ResetInstances();

So been trying to make a shadowstrike macro with mouseover in it

Currently using
    /cast [mouseover,exists] [exists] Shadowstrike

Only issue is that Shadowstrike does not target anything automatically if i dont have a target unless i hover over something, then it shadowstrikes the nearest target regardless of what im hovering my mouseover on

Any ideas?, for 110 id like to put in Cold Blood with it and cheap shot too, so feel free to add that in too if anyone knows how.

Thanks.

tl;dr

need a shadowstrike macro that auto targets nearest enemy like normal, but prioritizes mouseover

Possibly with cold blood in it, but thats the easy part i guess
    Last edited by Axaion; 2016-07-23 at 07:52 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by powerblah View Post
    The macro below to reset instances no longer works for me after prepatch dropped. Is there an updated version? I do have 'allow scripts' on in wow.

/script ResetInstances();
    Try using /run instead of /script, and the ; is not necessary. If that doesn't work, I have no clue why that macro wouldn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    So been trying to make a shadowstrike macro with mouseover in it

Currently using
    /cast [mouseover,exists] [exists] Shadowstrike

Only issue is that Shadowstrike does not target anything automatically if i dont have a target unless i hover over something, then it shadowstrikes the nearest target regardless of what im hovering my mouseover on

Any ideas?, for 110 id like to put in Cold Blood with it and cheap shot too, so feel free to add that in too if anyone knows how.

Thanks.

tl;dr

need a shadowstrike macro that auto targets nearest enemy like normal, but prioritizes mouseover

Possibly with cold blood in it, but thats the easy part i guess
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm][harm] Shadowstrike
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Greetings and Salutations.

I'm looking for help in creating a macro for easy talent swapping, but with something that might seem redundant and therefore probably hasn't been done before.
    I recently discovered a fun little tidbit regarding the Mage spell Shimmer, where if you use a charge, talent swap out of Shimmer and back in, it resets the charge count, effectively allowing you to Blink infinitely. I'm trying to create a macro that simplifies this trick into a Shimmer-spam macro.

So far, what I have is a simple talent swapping macro that swaps between Shimmer and Cauterize. It looks like this

HTML Code:
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow2Talent2
    /click PlayerTalentFrameTalentsTalentRow2Talent1

I'd like to create a macro that, in one click:
    - Switches my talent to Cauterize and back to Shimmer, restoring the used charge.
    - Checks for Tome of the Clear Mind buff, and if not there, uses a Tome of the Clear Mind
    - casts Shimmer
    - if possible, hide the inevitable spam of messages saying that I've switched talents.

I don't know if this macro is even possible, but any help on the matter is greatly appreciated. So far, I've found this forum post on macro talent swapping, but it doesn't appear to have the answers I'm looking for. Maybe someone else could discern something else from it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377380018

Thank you.

That sounds like a very broken macro. If it is possible to create such a macro, it will definitely not be able to happen in combat, or any situation really. Maybe a harmless city gimmick you could show other people?

That sounds like a very broken macro. If it is possible to create such a macro, it will definitely not be able to happen in combat, or any situation really. Maybe a harmless city gimmick you could show other people?
    I wish it could work in combat; I could be like Tracer from Overwatch if that worked :P. That's probably the only limitation, but I'm fine with that. The line regarding Tome of the Clear Mind would allow it to be used out of cities (and I assume in instances like raids, dungeons, and bgs).

I'd imagine being able to Blink infinitely would be a really fast way to travel, too. Faster than any ground mount for sure. So there's also that.

Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mouseover,harm][harm] Shadowstrike
    Works on mouseover and when i have a target, but it does not auto target the nearest target

i cant make the at sign due to site permissions, so just imagine its there before mouseover and after[ lol

Works on mouseover and when i have a target, but it does not auto target the nearest target

i cant make the at sign due to site permissions, so just imagine its there before mouseover and after[ lol
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowstrike

Hmm, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm][] Shadowstrike

or this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm] Shadowstrike
    /targetenemy [@target,noexists]
    /use [@target,harm] Shadowstrike

Hmm, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mouseover,harm][] Shadowstrike
    [/code]
    this one worked, WOO!

Next question then, if people are bored.

Any way to increase the debuff size on the default nameplates?, im using this for making my own debuffs on target frames bigger
    Code:
    hooksecurefunc("TargetFrame_UpdateAuraPositions", function(self, auraName, numAuras, numOppositeAuras,largeAuraList, updateFunc, maxRowWidth, offsetX)
            local AURA_OFFSET_Y = 3
            local LARGE_AURA_SIZE = 29 -- Self Debuffs
            local SMALL_AURA_SIZE = 20 -- others debuffs
            local size
            local offsetY = AURA_OFFSET_Y
            local rowWidth = 0
            local firstBuffOnRow = 1
            for i=1, numAuras do
             if ( largeAuraList[i] ) then
               size = LARGE_AURA_SIZE
               offsetY = AURA_OFFSET_Y + AURA_OFFSET_Y
             else
               size = SMALL_AURA_SIZE
             end
             if ( i == 1 ) then
               rowWidth = size
               self.auraRows = self.auraRows + 1
             else
               rowWidth = rowWidth + size + offsetX
             end
             if ( rowWidth > maxRowWidth ) then
               updateFunc(self, auraName, i, numOppositeAuras, firstBuffOnRow, size, offsetX, offsetY)
               rowWidth = size
               self.auraRows = self.auraRows + 1
               firstBuffOnRow = i
               offsetY = AURA_OFFSET_Y
             else
               updateFunc(self, auraName, i, numOppositeAuras, i - 1, size, offsetX, offsetY)
             end
            end
            end)
    This works fine for unitframes, but obviously doesnt include nameplates, which are tiny

Oh, on the note of nameplates, has anyone managed to make them Class Colored?

Also, im using this to move the TargetofTarget frame, but its giving me Taints as of 7.0.3

Code:

TargetFrameToT:ClearAllPoints()
    TargetFrameToT:SetPoint("CENTER", 70, -40)
    TargetFrameToT.SetPoint = function() end

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a macro that enables "Reverse Bag Cleanup" and "Loot to Left-most Bag".
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Looking for a macro that enables "Reverse Bag Cleanup" and "Loot to Left-most Bag".
    Code:
    /run SetSortBagsRightToLeft(true) SetInsertItemsLeftToRight(true)

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /run SetSortBagsRightToLeft(true) SetInsertItemsLeftToRight(true)
    Thanks a bunch, that should keep me sorted until the advanced interface addon updates.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla