Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Doesnt work.

The mouseover part is supposed to be "Void Bolt". mod alt with mouseover for Void Bolt, no mod and just currently selected target for void bolt aswell.
    I like to write macros like this using multiple lines, just to make the logic more clear. If it goes over the character limit, or if you just want to clean it up later, you can use semi-colons instead of new lines, and get rid of the multiple '/use'.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod: ctrl] Shadow Mend
    /use [mod: shift] Silence
    /use [mod: alt, @mouseover, harm][mod: alt] Void Bolt
    /use Void Eruption

I don't play a Shadow Priest, so I can't test this, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, assuming I've understood what you're looking for, and the spells do what I think they do.

Deleted
    Is it possible to make a macro that does

/stopcasting
    /cast Blink

when Cauterize or Cold Snap is talented, but does

/cast Shimmer (without the stopcasting since it removes part of the benefit of Shimmer)

When Shimmer is talented?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    Is it possible to make a macro that does

/stopcasting
    /cast Blink

when Cauterize or Cold Snap is talented, but does

/cast Shimmer (without the stopcasting since it removes part of the benefit of Shimmer)

When Shimmer is talented?

This should do it:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting [talent:2/2][talent:2/3]
    /cast [talent:2/1] Shimmer;Blink
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    This should do it:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Shimmer;Blink
    Thank you for your response! Unfortunately it's not fully working . The Shimmer part works perfectly, but when not having Shimmer talented, the macro only executes the /stopcasting part and not the blink part, making it effectively just a stopcasting macro.

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately it's not fully working . The Shimmer part works perfectly, but when not having Shimmer talented, the macro only executes the /stopcasting part and not the blink part, making it effectively just a stopcasting macro.
    See if splitting Blink out to its own line works:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/1] Shimmer
    /cast [talent:2/2][talent:2/3] Blink
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    See if splitting Blink out to its own line works:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [talent:2/2][talent:2/3] Blink
    Unfortunately that doesn't work either. Thanks for the suggestion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Need some help with a mouseover macro
    At the moment i got an cleanse spirit/purge macro in 1 depending on hostile or friendly target, but i wanna make it an mouseover macro aswell if thats possible.

Current macro is this:
    /cast [@target,harm,exists] Purge; [@target,help,exists] Purify Spirit
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Need some help with a mouseover macro
    At the moment i got an cleanse spirit/purge macro in 1 depending on hostile or friendly target, but i wanna make it an mouseover macro aswell if thats possible.

Current macro is this:
    /cast [@target,harm,exists] Purge; [@target,help,exists] Purify Spirit
    This should work. Also, if you are using conditionals that query a unit, such as harm or help, exists is not necessary. Harm and help imply exists if they are true.

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][@target,harm] Purge; [@mouseover,help][@target,help] Purify Spirit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    This should work. Also, if you are using conditionals that query a unit, such as harm or help, exists is not necessary. Harm and help imply exists if they are true.

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][@target,harm] Purge; [@mouseover,help][@target,help] Purify Spirit
    nice! works perfectly, thanks
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    /s

Deleted
    Unfortunately that doesn't work either. Thanks for the suggestion.
    The following works on my mage:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [talent:2/1]
    /stopcasting
    /cast Blink

hey guys i was wondering if anyone can help me with a somewhat annoying issue. i have the following macro on my monk:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [no channeling] reset=9 Rising Sun Kick, Fists of Fury, Whirling Dragon Punch

basically the idea is to have these 3 on one key (not optimal but makes farming invasions or old content easier) and i just build chi or BoK with other keys and weave this in at the right times, anyway, my issue is the sequence goes off without a hitch in terms of ability use but the tooltip seems to not change at all sometimes or get stuck other times, the timer on the tooltip will show correctly the spell cooldown for whatever spell is supposed to be next but not the actual image.

i tried making a simple castsequence macro with just tiger palm followed by BoK too and the same thing happens the ability image just gets stuck randomly and doesn't update, any idea how to fix this as on the beta it works fine and also recently on live was working fine too.

Deleted
    yo, I got this macro that was ment to disable Raid Boss emotes, mostly for bgs since I didn't want them on my screen, the chat log was enough.

/script BossEmoteFrame:Hide()
    /script BossEmoteFrame.Show = BossEmoteFrame.Hide

I'm assuming these strings where removed ages ago so the script no longer works? Anyone got any alternatives? I tried DBM with the pvp plugin, with disabled blizzard emotes and what not... that didn't work either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, im trying to make an mouseover macro with both Death Grip and Hook (from Sledge Belcher) in one.
    Uing this atm, dunno how to add more spells to it.

/cast [@mouseover,exists] Hook; Hook

Also, would like an version thats not-mouseover aswell if possible :>
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    /s

Deleted
    i dont believe its possible to use more than one skill with one makro?
    Last edited by mmocb4f807fbc0; 2016-08-30 at 10:51 AM.

Is it actually possible to have a macro that has a mouseover heal spell for friendly targets and a normal targeted dps spell for enemies?

ie Rejuv + sunfire on the same button ?

The Idea is to have the boss / add always in target still heal with mouseover rejuv and if no mouserover target is there apply sunfire for example

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Is it actually possible to have a macro that has a mouseover heal spell for friendly targets and a normal targeted dps spell for enemies?

ie Rejuv + sunfire on the same button ?

The Idea is to have the boss / add always in target still heal with mouseover rejuv and if no mouserover target is there apply sunfire for example

Yep, this definitely works. It's how I have all my spells set up usually (I play Resto Shaman).

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead] Rejuvenation; Sunfire

That's the simple version that does exactly what you asked for, but it means if you have a friendly target, it will try to cast Sunfire on them. I tend to like something more along the lines of:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead] Rejuvenation
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Sunfire; Rejuvenation

That will allow you to cast Rejuv on mouseover and target (if they're friendly), and will cast Sunfire on enemy targets. You can also add mouseover support for Sunfire by changing it to:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead] Rejuvenation
    /use [@mouseover, harm, nodead][@target, harm, nodead] Sunfire; Rejuventation

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to make a focus misdirection macro

The clear focus is the final part, but whenever I hit the macro a second time to clear the focus, it thinks it needs to recast the macro, any idea how I can prevent that?

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /focus [help]
    /stopmacro [help]
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead] Misdirection;[@pet,help,nodead] Misdirection
    /clearfocus

7+ Year Old Account
    Aight i have a question!

How do i make a macro that will put [Shear], [Demon Spikes] & [Throw Glaive] in a "rotation" kind of? Jeezz i'm horrible at macros lol!

Thanks // Zith

Quote Originally Posted by zith5 View Post
    Aight i have a question!

How do i make a macro that will put [Shear], [Demon Spikes] & [Throw Glaive] in a "rotation" kind of? Jeezz i'm horrible at macros lol!

Thanks // Zith
    The only way you can macro a "rotation" is by using /castsequence or /castrandom. However, there are limitations. If castsequence cannot cast a spell, such as it being on cooldown, it will not continue to the next spell. This is on purpose to prevent 1-button play macros. You can still try this macro out. It will cast Shear at the start of combat, after 10 seconds of using the macro, or after a successful Throw Glaive.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=combat/10 Shear, Demon Spikes, Throw Glaive

/castrandom has a similar limitation. It will stay on whatever spell it selects until that spell is successful. So, if it chooses Throw Glaive and it's on cooldown, the macro will cast Throw Glaive only and nothing else until it can be casted.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castrandom Shear, Demon Spikes, Throw Glaive

Deleted
    Is there a way to put Legion companion ability in macro (Warrior companion Thorim - spell Titan's Wrath). /cast Titan's Wrath and /cast Titans Wrath doesn't work.

Huge thanks in advance!