Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a question, is it possible (im under the impression that its not) to make a macro that work on instanced pvp but outsider of it it dosent.

More precisely, i have this macro " /cast [no mod] devastate
    /cast [no mod] taunt
    /cast [mod:shift] ignore pain
    /cast heroic trow

The question would be if is it possible to make the taunt part of the macro only work if im in a instance pvp?
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Deleted
    Can anyone help me with this macro.

#showtooltip Counter Shot
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Counter Shot

I use this mouseover macro on pretty much everything and it works like a charm. Allows me to keep someone targeted but if i mouse over someone else it will cast on them if no one mouse over'd it will cast on target. Doesn't seem to work with my hunters silence though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Can anyone help me with this macro.

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Counter Shot

I use this mouseover macro on pretty much everything and it works like a charm. Allows me to keep someone targeted but if i mouse over someone else it will cast on them if no one mouse over'd it will cast on target. Doesn't seem to work with my hunters silence though.
    Change "help" to "harm"

/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Counter Shot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    Change "help" to "harm"
    Will do when i log in next. Thanks in advance ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    I got a question, is it possible (im under the impression that its not) to make a macro that work on instanced pvp but outsider of it it dosent.

More precisely, i have this macro " /cast [no mod] devastate
    /cast [no mod] taunt
    /cast [mod:shift] ignore pain
    /cast heroic trow

The question would be if is it possible to make the taunt part of the macro only work if im in a instance pvp?
    I might be mistaken, but I think there exists no such condition as you're looking for.
    You could however work your way around it a bit by checking your equipment - that is if there's a type of equipment you only wear on such occasions. That you can check for like this: [equipped:Shields] and so on.
    Don't know if it helps you...

Edit: works only with item types, not specific items
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2016-09-26 at 05:29 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    ...You could however work your way around it a bit by checking your equipment - that is if there's a type of equipment you only wear on such occasions. That you can check for like this: [equipped:Shields] and so on.
    Thanks for the response, i did thougth there wouldnt be any conditional for what i was asking. The "item idea" is nice but i dont see it working specialy since nowadays you dont need to change gear from pve to pvp.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Could someone help me recreate this old macro that was useful back in 2011.
    /script local function f(v)return math.floor(100*v)/100 end;local d=f(GetDodgeChance());local p=f(GetParryChance());local b=f(GetBlockChance());print("5% miss + "..d.."% dodge + "..p.."% parry + "..b.."% block = "..(5+d+p+b).."% total")
    I'm not that good with "GetCombatRating" macros and this is the only macro i could find that did what I want but I can't really figure out how to completely rewrite it for my needs.

I need it to do a few things.
    1. Check if my Mastery is a set number higher then Versatility. If Mastery minus Versatility is MORE(>) then the set number, it should output "You need more Versatility" and if Mastery minus versatility is LESS(<) then the set number, it should output "You need more Mastery"
    2. Check if my versatility is a set number higher then my Critical Strike. If Versatility minus Crit is more then the set number it should say "You need more Critical Strike" and if Versatility minus Crit is less then the set number it should say "You need more crit".
    3. Show my Haste rating in %

Hope this is not too much of a hassle!

Currently I'm running a macro like this
    #showtoolip
    /use [nomod] Healthstone; Potion of Deadly Grace
    It functions fine mostly, however one annoying aspect is that the tooltip for either wont load until I have one in my bags via crafting or conjuring. Is there anyway to have it always show to tooltips on login?

Deleted
    i have a question about the rogue talent subterfuge and a macro for it
    Subterfuge
    Your abilities requiring Stealth can still be used for 3 sec after Stealth breaks.
    now i want a macro that cheap shots when im in stealth or in subterfuge, and mutilates when im not.

my macro
    /cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
    /cast [nostealth] Mutilate
    doesnt cheap shot in the 3 seconds of subterfuge

Hey guys another question how do I announce mouseover targets in chat?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Innervate
    /y Innervate on %t
    This only gives me my hardtarget or <no target> back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /y Innervate on %t
    One way is to do this instead:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target mouseover
    /cast Innervate
    /y Innervate on %t
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /y Innervate on %t
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Innervate
    /run if SecureCmdOptionParse("[@mouseover,help]") then SendChatMessage(GetSpellLink("Innervate").." on "..UnitName("mouseover"),"YELL") end

This will yell "[Innervate] on name" with a spell link, but only if your mouseover is friendly, that way you don't yell accidentally.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    One way is to do this instead:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target mouseover
    /cast Innervate
    /y Innervate on %t
    /targetlasttarget
    great does work like a blis : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Currently I'm running a macro like this

It functions fine mostly, however one annoying aspect is that the tooltip for either wont load until I have one in my bags via crafting or conjuring. Is there anyway to have it always show to tooltips on login?
    Code:
    #showtooltip [nomod] Healthstone; Potion of Deadly Grace
    /use [nomod] Healthstone; Potion of Deadly Grace
    should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by adawong View Post
    i have a question about the rogue talent subterfuge and a macro for it

now i want a macro that cheap shots when im in stealth or in subterfuge, and mutilates when im not.

my macro

doesnt cheap shot in the 3 seconds of subterfuge
    Because Subterfuge is not stealth. I don't have a rogue so I can't test this personally, but one of these 2 conditionals should work: stance:2 or bonusbar:1

For example:

Code:
    /cast [stealth][stance:2] Cheap Shot
    /cast [stance:0] Mutilate

So ive been using the past.. forever it feels like trying to make this macro work right

First off, what i want it to do is;
    1; Stealth
    2; Use Shadowstrike if it can, if not use backstab
    3; Prio mouseover over target if there is a mouseover

this is my current macro

#showtooltip Backstab
    /use !Stealth
    /use [@mouseover,harm][form:1/2] Shadowstrike;Backstab

It works except for backstab where it will only use backstab if i do not have a mouseover, if i do have a mouseover it says "You must be in steath" and "you are in combat"

any help? 0_o?
    Last edited by Axaion; 2016-10-13 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    So ive been using the past.. forever it feels like trying to make this macro work right

First off, what i want it to do is;
    1; Stealth
    2; Use Shadowstrike if it can, if not use backstab
    3; Prio mouseover over target if there is a mouseover

this is my current macro

#showtooltip Backstab
    /use !Stealth
    /use [@mouseover,harm][form:1/2] Shadowstrike;Backstab

It works except for backstab where it will only use backstab if i do not have a mouseover, if i do have a mouseover it says "You must be in steath" and "you are in combat"

any help? 0_o?
    First, you are getting the combat error because your macro is trying to cast stealth every time you use it. The [nocombat] conditional will fix that.

Secondly, you are getting the stealth error because your macro is trying to cast Shadowstrike every time you use it with a mouseover. The [stealth][nostealth] conditionals fix this one.

Lastly, the semicolon is completely separating Backstab from the mouseover conditional, which is why it is casting it without a mouseover.

This fixed up macro should work for your needs:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [nocombat] !Stealth
    /use [@mouseover,harm,stealth][stealth] Shadowstrike
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nostealth][nostealth] Backstab

First line doesn't need anything after showtooltip, the icon/tooltip will automatically update with the spell it will use. Second line toggles Stealth as long as you are not in combat. Third line checks for a mouseover that can be harmed while you are in stealth, then checks just for stealth, then casts Shadowstrike if either were true. Fourth line does the same thing as third, but with nostealth. It may be confusing in combat, but [stealth] and [nostealth] count Shadow Dance for the purpose of checking stealth abilities.

Also, keep in mind that !Stealth is a toggle. If you happen to spam the button to get into Stealth, you may end up popping back out. I would like to suggest /use [nocombat,nostealth] Stealth which guarantees you stay in Stealth and just exit Stealth in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    First, you are getting the combat error because your macro is trying to cast stealth every time you use it. The [nocombat] conditional will fix that.

Secondly, you are getting the stealth error because your macro is trying to cast Shadowstrike every time you use it with a mouseover. The [stealth][nostealth] conditionals fix this one.

Lastly, the semicolon is completely separating Backstab from the mouseover conditional, which is why it is casting it without a mouseover.

This fixed up macro should work for your needs:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [nocombat] !Stealth
    /use [@mouseover,harm,stealth][stealth] Shadowstrike
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nostealth][nostealth] Backstab

First line doesn't need anything after showtooltip, the icon/tooltip will automatically update with the spell it will use. Second line toggles Stealth as long as you are not in combat. Third line checks for a mouseover that can be harmed while you are in stealth, then checks just for stealth, then casts Shadowstrike if either were true. Fourth line does the same thing as third, but with nostealth. It may be confusing in combat, but [stealth] and [nostealth] count Shadow Dance for the purpose of checking stealth abilities.

Also, keep in mind that !Stealth is a toggle. If you happen to spam the button to get into Stealth, you may end up popping back out. I would like to suggest /use [nocombat,nostealth] Stealth which guarantees you stay in Stealth and just exit Stealth in other ways.

Oh nice, thanks man - and super props for explaining how and why stuff works and does not works

Learning something new is always nice

had to change the nostealth, and stealth to norform and form:1/2 due to shadowdance, subterfuge and vanish
    Last edited by Axaion; 2016-10-14 at 10:37 AM.

I have a question. How do I make a focus macro for Thundercharge? Every time I cast it, it casts on myself and not my focus target.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus,exists] Thundercharge(Honor Talent);Thundercharge(Honor Talent)

That's my current macro and it just isn't working. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdolle View Post
    I have a question. How do I make a focus macro for Thundercharge? Every time I cast it, it casts on myself and not my focus target.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus,exists] Thundercharge(Honor Talent);Thundercharge(Honor Talent)

That's my current macro and it just isn't working. Help?
    Thundercharge is only for you. You cannot cast it on anyone else.