Deleted
    So I have this teleport macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Garrison Hearthstone;[mod:shift]Dalaran Hearthstone;[mod:alt]The Innkeeper's Daughter; Dreamwalk

everything is fine except I cant teleport to my Garrison. When I press Ctrl and click on the button nothing happens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So I have this teleport macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Garrison Hearthstone;[mod:shift]Dalaran Hearthstone;[mod:alt]The Innkeeper's Daughter; Dreamwalk

everything is fine except I cant teleport to my Garrison. When I press Ctrl and click on the button nothing happens?
    Have you ensured that control-<whatever button it's on> isn't already bound to something else?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Have you ensured that control-<whatever button it's on> isn't already bound to something else?
    that button is on ctrl+shift+; - I dont see how that intefeares with with ctrl+mouse button when mb(mouse button) alone, alt+mb and shift+mb works fine.
    just ctrl+mb doesnt work.

So I'm trying to make a macro that uses my health potions or healthstones if I have them. I'd like to get it so the tool tip shows the number of charges on my healthstone (which it does now) or the number of potions left if i have no healthstones (which is doesn't).

#showtooltip
    /use Healthstone
    /use Ancient Healing Potion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshot0910 View Post
    So I'm trying to make a macro that uses my health potions or healthstones if I have them. I'd like to get it so the tool tip shows the number of charges on my healthstone (which it does now) or the number of potions left if i have no healthstones (which is doesn't).

#showtooltip
    /use Healthstone
    /use Ancient Healing Potion
    #showtooltip [nomod] Healthstone; Ancient Healing Potion
    /use [nomod] Healthstone; Ancient Healing Potion

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    #showtooltip [nomod] Healthstone; Ancient Healing Potion
    /use [nomod] Healthstone; Ancient Healing Potion
    Ok, what this is doing is showing the healthstone tooltip when I don't have a modifier held down and the potion tooltip when I do. Is there a way for it to just change the tooltip display automatically depending on what I have available in the inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshot0910 View Post
    Ok, what this is doing is showing the healthstone tooltip when I don't have a modifier held down and the potion tooltip when I do. Is there a way for it to just change the tooltip display automatically depending on what I have available in the inventory?
    Unfortunately, no, not without an addon. You could try out AutoBar.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Its there any way to disable ADDONS with macros or scripts?

Also is there any way to load scripts automatically everytime i log on?

Deleted
    anyone got the new camera distance command ?
    i can barely play with the standard view

How would I word a macro in order to do regular press casts at player, and an alt press does the cast at cursor?

Specifically with the new macro additions:
    /cast [@player]
    /cast [@cursor]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    How would I word a macro in order to do regular press casts at player, and an alt press does the cast at cursor?

Specifically with the new macro additions:
    /cast [@player]
    /cast [@cursor]
    Like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@cursor][@player] Spellname
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Hi, I found the following macro to link a profession to trade chat

Code:
    /run local c,p,m=C_TradeSkillUI,{171},"Doing work, almost all old recipes, all WoD chants/upgrades, have mats & building "for _,v in next,p do c.OpenTradeSkill(v)m=m..c.GetTradeSkillListLink()c.CloseTradeSkill()end SendChatMessage(m,"CHANNEL",nil,"2")

But I want to link one profession only with text like this "Offering [profession} text text" ... I cannot get it to work on my own :-/

But what do I have to change to get a text like "Offering [Profession] Text. Text Text. Text." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sefer View Post
    Hi, I found the following macro to link a profession to trade chat

Code:
    /run local c,p,m=C_TradeSkillUI,{171},"Doing work, almost all old recipes, all WoD chants/upgrades, have mats & building "for _,v in next,p do c.OpenTradeSkill(v)m=m..c.GetTradeSkillListLink()c.CloseTradeSkill()end SendChatMessage(m,"CHANNEL",nil,"2")

But I want to link one profession only with text like this "Offering [profession} text text" ... I cannot get it to work on my own :-/

But what do I have to change to get a text like "Offering [Profession] Text. Text Text. Text." ?
    I could've sworn I saw you post in that thread earlier today while at work. Did you delete your comment? I apologize for forgetting about your post.

Anyways, for only one profession with custom text on either side of the link, here you go:

Code:
    /run local c,b,a,m=C_TradeSkillUI,"before text "," after text"c.OpenTradeSkill(profID)m=b..c.GetTradeSkillListLink()..a c.CloseTradeSkill()SendChatMessage(m,"CHANNEL",nil,"2")

Just change the bold parts and make sure there's a space at the end of "before text " and the beginning of " after text" so there's spaces around your profession link. If you wanted a period or other punctuation after the link, you would put it at the beginning of after text like this: "! after text"

Edit: For anyone finding this thread, you can find the profID of a profession in the wowhead url of that profession. Here's a list of all "skills" in the game, just scroll down to where the right column says "professions".
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-11-16 at 01:16 AM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I could've sworn I saw you post in that thread earlier today while at work. Did you delete your comment? I apologize for forgetting about your post.
    Yes I posted it in another thread but I thought to myself I shouldn't misuse the thread (a bit too late after I found this one) and decided to delete it and post it here instead :-) No need to apologize!!!

thank you very much for the macro! I used some tricky trick stuff linking it into the macro, not happy with it. Glad you were able to help me out!

So I haven't played my character that does enchanting in a while.. Today I logged in and was working his enchanting; prior to legion rolling out this macro worked fine, now it doesn't. I have to admit I only added the last line to it, so I don't really understand all the magical and mysterious ways these things work... but if anyone could help me out, that'd be awesome

/cast enchanting
    /cast enchanting
    /script DoTradeSkill(GetTradeSkillSelectionIndex());
    /script ReplaceEnchant()
    /use Enchanting Vellum

Essentially it takes whatever enchanting selection you have selected in the window (moused over even maybe?) and applies that enchant to a vellum. rather than multiple mouse clicks, it's a single button press. Anyone able to help out will be much appreciated! TYIA!

-Jolum

Deleted
    I just got my Viridian Sharptalon today, but it doesn't seem to work in my mount macro. Even a simple macro such as

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Viridian Sharptalon
    doesn't work. Anyone who has this mount, or another Falcosaur, could you double check if it works for you?

For reference, this is the macro I'm usually using for my mounts:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /use [mod:alt]Azure Water Strider;[mod:ctrl]Traveler's Tundra Mammoth;[mod:shift]Corrupted Dreadwing;[swimming]Fathom Dweller;Infernal Direwolf

Deleted
    Hi there! Im trying to find a macro to mark with skull if i have a target and, if i dont have it, put an skull marker on the ground. Could that be possible? Thanks at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Atherom View Post
    Hi there! Im trying to find a macro to mark with skull if i have a target and, if i dont have it, put an skull marker on the ground. Could that be possible? Thanks at all!
    I haven't tested the ground marker, but I think this will work..?

Code:
    /click [noexists]CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click [noexists]DropDownList1Button1
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /run SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

How can I get this mouseover macro to work with boss frames:

#showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Havoc; [harm] Havoc

I'm using ElvUi if that makes any difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpronic View Post
    How can I get this mouseover macro to work with boss frames:

#showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Havoc; [harm] Havoc

I'm using ElvUi if that makes any difference.
    As far as I can see, it should work with unit frames... maybe I am missing something?

you can shorten it and make it even more beautiful :P (exact same functionality):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm][] Havoc