10+ Year Old Account
    simple question to

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod:ctrl]Arcane Shot
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Multi Shot

i want to replace ctrl with a mouse thumb button but i have no plan how to do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    simple question to

#showtooltip

i want to replace ctrl with a mouse thumb button but i have no plan how to do that
    I'm afraid you can't. I think these modifiers are limited to ctrl, alt, and shift (maybe there is still the distinction of rshift and lshift and so on, but that doesn't solve your problem either...)
    Just a quick syntax tip: your macro can be shortened to
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Multi Shot; Arcane Shot
    since the two conditionals you use are complementary.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2017-10-31 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    simple question to

#showtooltip

As Rehija stated, this is impossible with WoW alone, however you can directly set your side buttons to that modifier key using either the software the mouse came with (like Logitech's SetPoint/Gaming or Razor's Gaming stuff) or AutoHotKey. Here's the AutoHotKey lines I used to use:

Code:
    #IfWinActive, World of Warcraft
    {
    *XButton1::Send {Shift Down}
    *XButton1 Up::Send {Shift Up}
    }

I currently have button 4 (the big one closer to me, XButton1 in AutoHotKey) directly assigned Shift in Logitech's software, which I've had for years and even use it when typing one-handed, and button 5 (smaller one away from me, XButton2 in AutoHotKey) as a generic button, which I then set in any voice-enabled game or Discord/Ventrilo as my voice button. For a while, Overwatch didn't even support these buttons to assign, so I used the above code like the following and just assigned the P key as voice:

Code:
    #IfWinActive, Overwatch
    {
    *XButton2::Send {p Down}
    *XButton2 Up::Send {p Up}
    }

These code snippets, and AutoHotKey, are perfectly "legal" to use with Blizzard's games. AutoHotKey is not bannable by itself, however, you need to be careful with what scripts you use. Make absolutely sure every action done by a key only sends out one key action. Key for a key. One action for one action. If you press a key and AutoHotKey does two or more things to a game, you will be banned. In the above scripts, the key you hold down virtually holds down the redirected key, while releasing the physical key releases the virtual key. One key, one action.

Following the key-for-key thing, I would suggest not doing this with a key or button already set in WoW. That key will do something in WoW by itself, then AutoHotKey will send the virtual key, therefore doing two actions. Make absolutely sure your side buttons aren't assigned to anything in the keybinds, since they are supported in WoW, as well as unassigning any key you intend to use as the physical part of the redirect.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2017-10-31 at 03:07 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I use X-Mouse Button Control to remap mouse 4 and 5 to shift and control with a generic mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips and explanation

Deleted
    /cast [nomod]Demonic Circle
    /cancelaura [mod:shift]Demonic Circle
    /cast [mod:ctrl]Demonic Gateway

Works fine
    Is it possible to add talent swap option ?

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][talent:3/1] Demonic Circle; [talent:3/2] Mortal Coil; [talent:3/3] Howl of Terror

Gateway doesnt work, changing talent doesnt work
    Last edited by mmoc2c86870068; 2017-11-08 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipala View Post
    /cast [nomod]Demonic Circle

Works fine
    Is it possible to add talent swap option ?

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod][talent:3/1] Demonic Circle; [talent:3/2] Mortal Coil; [talent:3/3] Howl of Terror

Gateway doesnt work, changing talent doesnt work
    That's because of the way the brackets are evaluated.
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, talent:3/1] Demonic Circle; [nomod, talent:3/2] Mortal Coil; [nomod, talent:3/3] Howl of Terror
    If you write "/cast [x][y] spell", this line is executed if one of x or y are true (and if x is true, y isn't even considered). What you want is it to execute only if BOTH are true, then you need [x, y] instead.

In the above example I've just rewritten your macro for you to see how it works, but you can actually shorten it quite a bit:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl]Demonic Gateway
    /use [talent:3/1] Demonic Circle; [talent:3/2] Mortal Coil; [talent:3/3] Howl of Terror
    - /use and /cast are interchangeable (actually I think use is mightier as it works for items as well, also it has 1 less character)
    - you can omit the "nomod" if you put the line at the end; the only difference is that this line will be executed also if alt would be pressed, but I guess that is no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    That's because of the way the brackets are evaluated.
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, talent:3/1] Demonic Circle; [nomod, talent:3/2] Mortal Coil; [nomod, talent:3/3] Howl of Terror
    If you write "/cast [x][y] spell", this line is executed if one of x or y are true (and if x is true, y isn't even considered). What you want is it to execute only if BOTH are true, then you need [x, y] instead.

In the above example I've just rewritten your macro for you to see how it works, but you can actually shorten it quite a bit:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl]Demonic Gateway
    /use [talent:3/1] Demonic Circle; [talent:3/2] Mortal Coil; [talent:3/3] Howl of Terror
    - /use and /cast are interchangeable (actually I think use is mightier as it works for items as well, also it has 1 less character)
    - you can omit the "nomod" if you put the line at the end; the only difference is that this line will be executed also if alt would be pressed, but I guess that is no problem.
    TY alot !

I used to use a mod called Conditioner back in Wrath; it let me replace my raid frames, as it was a simple percentage of the raid's health and mana that gave me a tick instead of a cross when the raid was ready for the pull (it alwayss showed a cross if the raid was understrength).

Is there a mod like it these days?

Thanks in advance.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Hi, i'd like to make a macro for drinking mana potion

if conjufred food is available drink that, otherwise my bougnt mana potion, and also notice everyonw i'm drinking mana in raid/party

i think some specific id is required, but i don't know which one

and i'm not lcear if exist some condition like [available]

thanks

Deleted
    Hi, I'm looking for a macro that automatically applies to a premade group finder entry knowing its name and its existence.
    Basically I found this macro (/run C_LFGList.CreateListing (469, "Name of the Group", 0, 0, "", "Hello! This is the description of my group!", true, false)) that automatically creates a group and lists it and would like to find the opposite version to apply to the created group. I would like to use it on my alts to share lockouts to farm.
    Thanks in advance for the help!

Yo, so basically I am looking for a macro that would create group for greater invasion, set auto invite and changed my party to raid. I'd also Like if that's possible to have a WA button pop up with that macro when I am in greater invasion portal.

Redundant Macro Advice

Hi, I have a question, but can't post my macros. Getting this errror: You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

I am not doing any of those things. I have 'at' symbols for 'at'target and 'at'mouseover. Not sure if that's causing a problem? Nothing in my previous, attempted post looks at all like a URL, video, img tag of any kind, so I have no clue what's causing that.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggles View Post
    Hi, I have a question, but can't post my macros. Getting this errror: You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

I am not doing any of those things. I have 'at' symbols for 'at'target and 'at'mouseover. Not sure if that's causing a problem? Nothing in my previous, attempted post looks at all like a URL, video, img tag of any kind, so I have no clue what's causing that.
    Yes, the @ symbols are triggering that.

Deleted
    Hi, I am looking for a macro to make the void elf racial(Spatial Rift) easier to use. Here is what I mean: Spatial Rift has to be cast twice in a 5 second window, to make you teleport. The later you cast it, the greater distance it teleports you, so you want to wait as long as possible, but this risks to waste the cd(being slow, or due to lag, also potentially messing up your rotation, etc).

So I would like a macro which casts it twice, with a 4 second pause between the two casts. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilnor View Post
    Hi, I am looking for a macro to make the void elf racial(Spatial Rift) easier to use. Here is what I mean: Spatial Rift has to be cast twice in a 5 second window, to make you teleport. The later you cast it, the greater distance it teleports you, so you want to wait as long as possible, but this risks to waste the cd(being slow, or due to lag, also potentially messing up your rotation, etc).

So I would like a macro which casts it twice, with a 4 second pause between the two casts. Thanks in advance.
    Macros can't do this.

Deleted
    Oh, well, it was worth a try. Thanks for the answer.

Greetings friends,

I am not very talented with macros, and I would like to know if there is a way to make a macro for healing or cleanse spells that is a mouseover cast if I am using it on someone else and if there is no mouseover target to cast it on myself.

Thanks for your assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by platinumpat3133 View Post
    Greetings friends,

I am not very talented with macros, and I would like to know if there is a way to make a macro for healing or cleanse spells that is a mouseover cast if I am using it on someone else and if there is no mouseover target to cast it on myself.

Thanks for your assistance!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Spell Name

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Spell Name
    Thank you so much! Just for my reference because I want to learn, what do each of the indicators in your macro mean?