Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preparing for Cataclysm

So with Cataclysm right around the corner I know a lot of people are at a terminal stage. Stuck sitting around with not a whole lot to do: I mean all of the gear you earn now will soon be replaced, the arena and honor points will become obsolete. So my question to you is - What are you doing with your time in WoW to prepare for the release of Cataclysm?

Personally, I am focusing on raising the last few reputations that I have not yet gotten to exalted as well as going after some of those ever elusive mount drops! I figure the only thing that will hold value through the expansion is gold and as such I am trying to stock pile as much of it as I can in order to powerlevel all of my professions as soon as possible and start my profiting while everything is in high demand!

What are your thoughts, plans and ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Trying to get a new PC is how Im preparing for Cataclysm

heh I would like get a new computer before then, but I figured it probably won't happen by launch, but hopefully I will be able to by the time serious raiding kicks in again.

Aside from that, I ahve also decided to begin farming a mass amount of runecloth so I will be able to immediately raise my reputation with the new faction and ride into the level 81 zones on my new mount =)
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Im preparing by getting a 460

other than that i think my pc specs are optimal.

Ingame im trying to get my two main chars up to 15k gold each.

other than that not much.

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

I am leveling a hunter to see the old environments one more time and simultaneously mine up and mule a ton of ore so I can powerlevel engineering and mining on my BE warrior. Already farmed up gold and have a second helicopter and motorcycle ready to go.

Deleted
    testing the new talents in PTR is the best i can come up with

I'm packratting as much gold as I can muster. You can never have enough gold for a new expansion!

Stockpiling as much gold as Tauren/Gnomely possible, that's my only preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Stockpiling as much gold as Tauren/Gnomely possible, that's my only preparation.
    YOU ARE NOT PREPARED.... sorry I just had to :X

Selling all of the gems, eternals, ore and other mats I have horded along the way
    "Peace is a lie"

15+ Year Old Account
    getting my steamwheedle rep back up from hated to atleast friendly

I plan on figuring out the best possible excuse to miss classes for a week and sit on my ass and have some fun.
    "Hey guys? Why am i dead?" "You stood in a voidzone." "But that guy told me they gave a damage buff."

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    YOU ARE NOT PREPARED....
    For the 50,000 gold flying 4 seater snipe mount!

Deleted
    Collecting heirlooms for a troll druid, tauren priest, undead hunter or whatever I end up rolling in 4.0.1... Also stockpiling gold like others said. (I'm terrible at it though)

Deleted
    Farming as much mats as possible ready for cata to make golds!

Well just clean out my bags and im done. already have enough gold and a good pc.
    although im rolling a mage so her bags are already empty. nvm im ready for cata.

Pre 4.0.1
    Download and play on PTR since I'm not in the beta. Practice my rotations.
    Earn and spend all my Emblems of Frost on Primordial Saronite, put this on AH.
    Earn as many Emblem of Triumph as possible for optimal Justice Point conversion.
    Sell significant amounts of cached mats, keeping enough to be able to level to 475 or wherever WotLK recipes go gray.
    Achievement binge on all toons.

4.0.1 through 4.0.3
    Splurge on T10 with Justice Points.
    Continue Achievement binge.
    Master new rotations.
    Storyline events.

I would go to the other thread that was already made about this and post it there is what I would do...

Changing to the professions I want in Cata pretty much.