Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh , look , yet another Battle-ground in favor of the alliance ....

as if AV , AB , and Eots wasn't enough

Deleted
    Lol, i just realised the npcs in AB is there for collecting resoures..

lolol eots is about as even as it possibly could. two platform types opposite of each other and two raised caps oppo of each other.

you're just turrible, get over it

So, no more Battle of Gilneas City with 40 vs 40 block-by-block warfare?

*sigh* I'm disappointed, Blizzard. I'm disappointed indeed. *sniff* ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Looking at the map, it seems rather unbalanced. The Alliance seem to have 2 graveyards pretty close, while the horde only seem to have 1. The second closest graveyard for the horde is at the Waterworks, and thats miles away and a hell of a lot closer to the alliance.
    ^ this

It really irritates me that a totally cursory look at the map reveals an enormous Alliance bias. 2 of the contested graveyards are extremely close to the Alliance spawn point, as well as 2 of the resource nodes. That means in an even battle, Alliance will always win because their numbers are replenishing faster. Imagine a 5v5 at Waterworks. 2 players on each faction die and res at the same time. The 2 horde players have to travel more than twice the distance to return to the battle, which means for 15, 20, maybe even 30 seconds, it's 5v3. The alliance will win these battles every time, and therefore, they will win every time.

Cursory. The fact that they'd even put that map out there in its current state is embarassing.

Disappointing, I was anticipating actually battling IN the city.

10 vs 10? WTF Wasn't this 40v40 first!?

double rainbow.... wow, so.... intense

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that they are supposedly merging all battlegroups.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am still saddened by them making this a BG instead of a worgen city.

I don't mind vehicle-fests but ab has always been my favorite bg. Glad they are sticking to proven gametypes instead of inventing more random tank VS wall stuff.

Well damn. This is a huge dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomm View Post
    Theres a double rainbow in the screenshot there.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ember/ss89.jpg
    The colors are wrong though. Double rainbows don't match colors, they reflect each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory Nelf Mage and Dwarf Shaman :P

There's no way this map is going to be balanced.

My initial impression is that the entire fight is going to revolve around the waterworks, or one side or the other will be pushed back to their starting graveyard. It's like arathi basin if there was no lumber mill or mine.

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor View Post
    Why don't they fix the BG queue times for existing BGs instead of adding even more bgs? Honestly, there's not much point in releasing something for which the queue is going to take 30min or more.
    How do you propose that they "fix" population imbalance or general apathy towards PvP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's see here...the map actually favors horde in terms of strategy. For one, taking mine is a LOT harder than taking either of the two other since there is only one way up to it, perfect for tunneling people. Second, trying to defend 2 bases with only 10 people will get taxing, especially if the other side knows how to play (aka, sending a wave to one base luring defense away form another base). Third, Horde have the height advantage which in any battle is important. Fourth, Alliance just suck at PvP and will probably try to capture the lighthouse because it looks pretty, just sayin'.

Jugger Not
    Achievement in progress
    Win the Battle for Gilneas by 10 points (2000 to 1990).
    http: //db.mmo-champion.com/a/5255/jugger-not/

wot? OMFG lame achieve comes again?

Also, no one really knows where the actual flag is from looking at that map. If the waterworks flag is right next to the horde bridge into WW, then it would be just as quick or quicker for horde than alliance.

It's hilarious though that you have people complaining about some sort of map bias on a map they haven't even played yet. Makes it pretty hard to take complaints about other maps seriously.

Looks awesome.