Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    rofl. awesome. <3 Blizzard

Deleted
    ho wow an battle of gilneas will be an other arathi basin.... omg!!! what big innovation!!! epic fail -.-

OMG! This looks AMAZING! Holding flags to collect resources while seeing faction helpers gathering is such a great idea! Cool thing is that you get to spawn closer to the flag if you control it making for some heated battles. Blizzard is really amazing, and this is exactly what the game needed, something new and fresh. This along with the other new cool game of capture the flag in TP is something that's needed as well. I want to know what Blizzard feeds those guys at their developer building so I can come up with awesome totally new ideas too.

Gotta love how people bash this as AB v2 and then trash it. AB is a great BG (imo the best); no need to reinvent the wheel when you can make it a variation like this.

Also I hope they get around to making new types of BGs with different objectives (King of the Hill / Deathmatch style play / Objective like SotA only without actually sucking). The problem is that i think there's a lot of things that you can not balance in those games.
    Take a king of the hill type game, it would heavily favor classes with knockbacks. Take a deathmatch style play, the team with less healers almost insta-lose. The urban warfare was a nice idea, but it heavily favors some classes (LOL LOS).

I think people would be surprised how much effort goes into designing stuff like battlegrounds. Making mirror maps is really boring, balancing non mirror maps is really hard. Also I'm pretty sure blizzard didn't randomly put down the graveyards and capture points in this new BG; so I doubt horde has a huge disadvantage, there is probably some factors on the map you can't see.

Deleted
    AB in another setting.

I can only say: awesome, I love playing AB.

And no, no sarcasm. Seriously do you people complain like that too when an fps comes out with several maps on which you can do deathmatch ?

For all those who think that the map is alliance favored, it might be true, but maybe not. By the way, I am playing Horde.
    You know in EotS, you have to go to the right in the start to not lose health. It might be something similiar for alliance in this BG, and then Horde might be able to catch up for Waterworks.
    I think Blizzard knows it.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaaar View Post
    same stuff again and again, just changing location every time..

wsg = twin peaks
    ab = battle of glineas
    Av = IoC
    Eots = ab /wsg

Sota... well, kinda original i must admit
    One of the purposes of PvP is to kill the other faction, no BG can change that. What you want different? are there any objectives, lets say f.e. in CounteStrike, besides rescue hostages or disable bombs?

And my view about vehicles on PvP: i love them cuz i hate rogues, and vehicles cant be stunlocked. See where the most whiners about vehicles come... honorless rogues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziljin View Post
    Lol, i just realised the npcs in AB is there for collecting resoures..
    Same here

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    For all the people whining about this BG favoring the Alliance, the new CTF instance has alliance players having to chose between 2 ways out or swimming as a third while horde players can run out 3 different ways from the alliance base. Some BGs will be slightly uneven, for me that adds flavor and a challenge, my only wish is that who getting which side would be random -kinda- like SotA.

Only me not getting exited over this crap for a new battleground?! I mean, we dont get a single new mechanic, just AB with vehicles.. Blizzard running out of ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Only me not getting exited over this crap for a new battleground?! I mean, we dont get a single new mechanic, just AB with vehicles.. Blizzard running out of ideas?
    Problem is they just don't care. They're not pressured to try and come up with novel new concepts because the hive eats up anything they put out. They could come out and say, "we're charging you $30/mo now, oh, and Cata, has half the content promised as the other half is all DLC", and people would still say "OMG BLizzard is AMAZING, I love you!".

But yes, either they are tapped out on ideas, or they just don't really care to work on new things due to the lap dogs.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or does it look nothing like Gilneas, even after all of the phasing. I can't see any similarities between this BG map and the after phasing map of Gilneas. Whats going on?

10+ Year Old Account

Smile

Double rainbow aaaaaaaall across the sky!!!!

What does it meannn?

Now make an EotS revamp and make it happen already ffs. Looking forward for RBG, because apart from that there isn't anything else innovative much in Cataclysm really. So Please Phuck Up Not Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by anarchy14 View Post
    Seems somehow biased towards Alliance since the Waterworks are on their side of the river...
    It's because of all their tears.

Looks okay, but for some reason I'm getting tired of maps where you need to click on flags to control graveyards. WG is the only BG that doesn't have graveyards you can capture. When I get tired of capturing graveyards in battlegrounds I always turn to Warsong Gulch. There should be another alternative for me to turn to.