Thread: APB is dead...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

APB is dead...

Realtime Worlds shut down and the game is DEAD !!!

Another MMO Fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took Massively.com by surprise; they just posted an article on an upcoming patch.
    http://www.massively.com/2010/09/16/...atch-incoming/

And I REALLY looked forward to buying this. Was just finishing a few PC upgrades.

Maybe someone will pick up the rights and take it F2P. I think the game would strive there.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I really am not surprised, I played the Open Beta, And was not at all impressed with it, Well the character creation was actually top notch, I enjoyed that part, but everything else was just meh to me, I like FPS. But that was just not for me.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have to agree with the first comment in that link, downgrade a few things and go free 2 play.

they actually destroyed there own revenue...
    in game they have a music editor, in which you can make music and sell them for RTW Points which are also used to buy time and such... they fucked up there.
    that means anyone can just make lets say Super mario and put it on the AH and sell it, this way you play for free. i dont think they thought that through at all.

on top of that there was a piss poor job of gameplay, the car driving felt like a boat, you couldnt turn sharp, there was no E-Brake, you had to tap the A or the D key or you would over turn.
    there was a lot of stupid shit in the game.. this patch wont do anything to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethspawn View Post
    they actually destroyed there own revenue...
    in game they have a music editor, in which you can make music and sell them for RTW Points which are also used to buy time and such... they fucked up there.
    that means anyone can just make lets say Super mario and put it on the AH and sell it, this way you play for free. i dont think they thought that through at all.

on top of that there was a piss poor job of gameplay, the car driving felt like a boat, you couldnt turn sharp, there was no E-Brake, you had to tap the A or the D key or you would over turn.
    there was a lot of stupid shit in the game.. this patch wont do anything to help them.
    The Car driving was fine, you just had to lrn2drive.

And the space bar was the E-Brake.... guess you didnt really know how to drive.

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the fact I never played the game, or really gave it any consideration, it's always a little disheartening when a smaller MMO goes under.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsbr View Post
    The Car driving was fine, you just had to lrn2drive.

And the space bar was the E-Brake.... guess you didnt really know how to drive.
    i played the game for 4 hours you really think i gave a shit? i mentioned over and over in other threads about this game and how shit it was was.
    go back to playing your stupid shit game

Quote Originally Posted by Dethspawn View Post
    i played the game for 4 hours you really think i gave a shit? i mentioned over and over in other threads about this game and how shit it was was.
    go back to playing your stupid shit game
    Or, you know, don't. Since its going down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsbr View Post
    Realtime Worlds shut down and the game is DEAD !!!

Another MMO Fails.
    What the.... How did this happen so quickly???? It hasnt been out for that long and its dying? Even AoC and Aion, horribad MMOs, are still going. what killed APB?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dethspawn you need to relax a bit, try decaf.

Looks like there may be some hope for APB.

http://kotaku.com/5640623/gears-of-w...=Google+Reader

15+ Year Old Account
    Always sad to see a MMO die.

Makes people more afraid and less willing to try and make one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    What the.... How did this happen so quickly???? It hasnt been out for that long and its dying? Even AoC and Aion, horribad MMOs, are still going. what killed APB?
    That the world finds Aion pretty decent and that AoC, too many rumors of it going f2p that it might be true. As for APB. The game, from what I've heard and seen, is quite horrible. Every mission is the exact same, the driving is horrible, it's suppose to be a huge city full of cars and people, but you go there, and it's a ghost town. No one plays because they were disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never even heard of this game.

R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Then let us hope a respectable company picks it up and turns it into something much better.

The idea is too good to waste.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    That the world finds Aion pretty decent and that AoC, too many rumors of it going f2p that it might be true. As for APB. The game, from what I've heard and seen, is quite horrible. Every mission is the exact same, the driving is horrible, it's suppose to be a huge city full of cars and people, but you go there, and it's a ghost town. No one plays because they were disappointed.
    Actually you see people fighting around every corner (or atleast used to). But really, they compared it to GTA series but it was worse than GTA 3 in every aspect and that's a really old game... And of course the fact that they activated punkbuster afterlike 2 months of the release so aimbotters roamed around and ruined the experience.

Also there was absolutely no weapon balance and the matchmaking could pit a level 1 against level 300 people.

They worked so much on the customisation aspects then realising the actual gameplay is a load of shit.

Deleted
    Man I just heard of it with the MMO Report, and i'm kinda sad...

I havent played it in a while now, but I had so much fun with my Friends the first days the game came out.

This could have been an absolutley amazing game, it only needed some time I guess. No game is perfect when it ships (remember WoW back in the Days of 2005 and compare it to now).

Sad story, hopefully someone picks it up

Deleted
    I had 20 hours left on my 50 hour trial and I told myself I'd get back in the game the day they fucking fix matchmaking

that patch would make the game exactly as I wished for.... fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu why couldn't they have done that day 1? The devs pitted lvl 20 against lvl 260s which I am sure made the majority quit.