Exclamation Symbology of some sort?

If you all have paid attention to revamps, you might have noticed that in the Valley of Heroes of Stormwind, Danath Trollbane's statue has collapsed. ( Mostly, only the feet remain ) Those of you who play the beta and have tested out Arathi Highlands have noticed that the quests remain the same. ( as far as Alliance goes ) There is no story progression or sign of Danath retaking Stromgarde for the Alliance. Personally, this would be a great pro on the Alliance that would outweigh all the other losses the Alliance experienced by a longshot.

BUT

that's not the point of the post. The post is about the symbology. I thought of two possible symbolizations:

#1: Danath's statue served as a memorial in Classic WoW, because people thought that he, along with Alleria, Turalyon, Kurdran, and Khadgar, were dead. Destroy Danath's monument is a way of saying, "Danath's back to do something awesome, monument no longer needed." This is a possibility, seeing as Arathi Highlands in its current Beta state still doesn't meet the Cataclysm Model. Source? http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...29959&sid=2000

#2: Danath's statue being destroyed is Blizzard's way of saying "Alliance don't get Stromgarde." This kind of change would outweigh the all the losses Alliance...well...lost...seeing how the Big guys of the WoW Dev community are Horde biased. This is also a possibility.

Quite honestly, the revamped and melancholy Arathi Highlands music is saying something about this zone/Trollbane...or at least that's what I'm feeling.

Looking at those points, what do you guys think of these points?

This thread may also be used for Arathi/Trollbane/Stromgarde discussion.
    Last edited by Eregar the Astral Walker; 2010-09-16 at 09:18 PM.
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes unto the Father, but by me." - Jesus Christ

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, no victory in Arathi would be depressing, and let's be realistic, if Mag'har are now Generals, why can't Danath leave? Hope Blizzard gives us a nice change there -.- Seeing as Skuerto (The dwarf rogue) says "The pencil-pusher holding Danath back should get a kick in the jimmies" makes me believe they will implement him... But for all we know, they might just mean "Screw you guys, Danath will stay in Outland" which is depressing.

Anyways, hope this zone changes, since people in the Beta forums have made threads saying this and Dustwallow need a revamp, and to be honest, they better deliver on the "Revamped Old World" promise, since I wanted to level some alts :P

Maybe the statue was knocked down in reference to a certain new forsaken residing in Arathi?

"Symbology? Now that Duffy has relinquished his "King Bonehead" crown, I see we have an heir to the throne! I'm sure the word you were looking for was "symbolism." What is the ssss-himbolism there?"

sorry, i had to.

on topic i think it's just part of "well we're destroying the world" mentality and probably means nothing
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

symbology.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    "Symbology? Now that Duffy has relinquished his "King Bonehead" crown, I see we have an heir to the throne! I'm sure the word you were looking for was "symbolism." What is the ssss-himbolism there?"

sorry, i had to.

on topic i think it's just part of "well we're destroying the world" mentality and probably means nothing
    I thought the same damn thing, Boondock Saints for the win, which is why I clicked the link in the first place haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

sorry, i had to.

Excellent. I read it in his voice and everything.

I'm sure the zone isn't complete yet. Give it another 2 weeks, if the zone hasn't changed by then, I will be very surprised.

15+ Year Old Account

sorry, i had to.

Symbology would mean the study of symbols. I think that's what Tom hanks plays int The Da Vinci code.

Anyway I hope we see a few people return from Outland. We need to start gearing up for my future expansion idea where Outland falls apart and the surviving races flee to Azeroth! Nothing says conflict like refugees flooding into your world. (Draenei not included of course.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloogonis View Post
    I thought the same damn thing, Boondock Saints for the win, which is why I clicked the link in the first place haha.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Symbology would mean the study of symbols. I think that's what Tom hanks plays int The Da Vinci code.

Anyway I hope we see a few people return from Outland. We need to start gearing up for my future expansion idea where Outland falls apart and the surviving races flee to Azeroth! Nothing says conflict like refugees flooding into your world. (Draenei not included of course.)
    not getting the boondock saints quote for the lose Ele
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

So I see that I wasn't the only one who came to this thread just to quote BDS. I killed your cat you druggy bitch!
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Danath returning simply to kick some Forsaken ass would lift Alliance spirits greatly. IMO making Arathi Highlands a future sight of major conflict with Danath leading the charge would be BA. We don't even need to get Stromgarde back. Maybe have the Forsaken hole up in there, but we manage to push the main host to Thuradin's wall.
    But, I think (hoping, anyway) that the Alliance are losing a lot in Cata not just to give ground, but to show the state of the Alliance is taking a turn for the worst, and we're going to be struggling to turn the tide later in the expansion or next.
    Kinda makes sense with the position we're in. Fragile government in IF, depression in SW, NE getting pushed out of their homeland,all around losses for every assault.

*waits patiently for gnomes to develop Anti-Horde Bombs counter the plague*