Deleted

Why isn't there like Valkyr Wings that you can use in WoW?

I've been thinking about Valkyr Wings. Here's my idea: They drop from Lich King and they are 280%. They 100% drop chance and they look badass.

Because this isn't Aion.

Deleted
    Shoosh you, wings were awesome waaaay before Aion.

I've been hoping for some sort wings "mount"/flightform ever since tBC, winged humanoids (angels/demons/valkyr/etc) being my #1 fantasy race.

Always thought a good way to implement some which wouldn't be too out place would be to give locks/priests some demon/angel wings and then give engineers mechanical, da Vinci style wings (flapping for normal flight, fixed+goblin rocket booster for epic speed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw wings. This isn't <any Asian made game ever>. Mounts are good enough, I don't need to attach some angel wings to my back and go WHEEE
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I've been thinking about Valkyr Wings. Here's my idea: They drop from Lich King and they are 280%. They 100% drop chance and they look badass.
    Alright guys, we killed the Lich King now let's cut of those wings from a Val'kyr and attach it to one of you so you can fly!

I dont know about Valkyr wings but id gladly use an ikarus type gnome/glider invention. Providing they use a stronger binder than wax.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    I dont know about Valkyr wings but id gladly use an ikarus type gnome/glider invention. Providing they use a stronger binder than wax.
    Only if said invention causes you to fall to your death if you fly too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because this isn't Aion.
    damn, beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Alright guys, we killed the Lich King now let's cut of those wings from a Val'kyr and attach it to one of you so you can fly!
    Outstanding.

I could have sworn there was actually a blue post that said something along the lines of 'hell no' to the idea of 'wing' mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Angel wings, maybe.
    Because you could just rip them off Tyrael.
    However, I prefer the idea of engineering glider or something instead.
    Seems like it would fit a lot better in the wow environment [strangely enough]
    "When the child of the three realms becomes as light, the ancient power will be released. The earth will tremble. The seas will rise up in answer, and all will be madness. A new day will dawn, bringing with it chaos or peace. Our master is a god of chaos! Pandemonium will aid the old one's release! To this end, we will weaken the barrier between Azeroth and the Elemental Plane. This will allow our great master to reclaim its former elemental servants and send them to rampage throughout our world."

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Well gnomes are all about safety so I doubt their flier would break but it would probably only move at 40 or 60% speed. The Goblin one would probably move @ 310 but blow up/break randomly.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If You ask me I'm not convinced that lonely wings as a mount would fit WoW. It might look cool in AION, or other games, but in WoW.... it would be bizarre imho.
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin's Avenging Wrath should at least slow fall speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And it sets fire if you aim the camera so you are flying in front of the sun.