Holy in Cataclysm

so i've been going over the cataclysm talents and abilities and i noticed holy FINALLY has a way to heal more than one person at a time.. beside beacon of course. so does this mean people might be looking for holy paladins to raid heal? im sure they wont be as strong of raid healers as the classes that do it now. but a possibility?

Healing on PTR currently is extremely fun , We actually have a decent DPS with more than 2button to push.

The difficult part in an argument is not to defend one’s opinion, but rather to know it.
    - Andre Maurois 1957.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs View Post
    Healing on PTR currently is extremely fun , We actually have a decent DPS with more than 2button to push.
    I'm happy for all Paladins, they've deserved some decent variation in abilities for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs View Post
    This is good news. Am looking forward to reactivating my toon!

Quote Originally Posted by Martinbella View Post
    This is good news. Am looking forward to reactivating my toon!
    OT: but lol'd at your username, never thought id see someone reference someone from Sarina on an international WoW forum.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2010-09-17 at 06:11 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

The changes are good, i'm enjoying them.. can be difficult to get used to at first... There is something that bugs me though.. Our "New" AOE heal does not heal for much unless we have 3 Holy power built up.. And unfortunately since the use of it will be situational, you don't always have those 3 holy powers built up when you need to use it..

There is still alot of target changing too, since beacon has been nerfed to 50%.. which is fine, i always thought beacon was easy mode anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    The changes are good, i'm enjoying them.. can be difficult to get used to at first... There is something that bugs me though.. Our "New" AOE heal does not heal for much unless we have 3 Holy power built up.. And unfortunately since the use of it will be situational, you don't always have those 3 holy powers built up when you need to use it..

There is still alot of target changing too, since beacon has been nerfed to 50%.. which is fine, i always thought beacon was easy mode anyway.
    Don't forget that there'll be another AE heal as well. (Radiance)

Deleted
    Light of dawn seems extremely week. I tried using it in the Blackrock dungeon but I found positioning my self properly to be an irritating task and it healed only about 10% of their total health. I'm not yet high enough level to try out radiance yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post

I don't have a holy paladin myself, but from all the videos I've seen and watching a good friend of mine on PTR, building Holy Power while healing in a real situation is quite easy and almost never lacking. You have enough mechanics to build it and with a free, instant, no cd way to dump it, it's a lot of free healing.

Will our AOE heals on our beacon also cause us to generate HP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviptyr View Post
    Light of dawn seems extremely week. I tried using it in the Blackrock dungeon but I found positioning my self properly to be an irritating task and it healed only about 10% of their total health. I'm not yet high enough level to try out radiance yet.
    Make sure you're not using the Glyph of Light of Dawn - it's completely broken atm. It lowers the healing of Light of Dawn by a LOT (brings my 5.6k crits down to 4k) and does not change the cooldown, despite what the tooltip says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sviptyr View Post
    Light of dawn . . . I found positioning my self properly to be an irritating task . . .
    I was wondering about this. I've read some blue text somewhere that indicated they'd been pretty generous on the cone's area, is anyone else having difficulty positioning efficiently for this?
    And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

Deleted
    After healing multiple 85 instances, LOD and holy radiance are well balanced and really fun to use. The facing the right direction aspect of the heal makes it even more fun though people have to really start getting used to standing within 10 yards of the holy pala in 5 mans during aoe phases. I have been marking myself every dungeon to make it easier on the group

10+ Year Old Account
    What does everyone think of gem/stat priorities then? From what i've read on blue posts it seems there'll be less spike aoe damage, limiting the need for haste, although i'm sure it's still pleasant. Kinda looking for more variety than pure int, thoughts?