Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    spells always hit

and the "permanent" ghoul dies in 3 swings and goes on a 2 min cooldown right now. What other "awesome utility" does UH have? Frost can get desolation. Frost can hit very hard from range without relying on an easily killed pet. The only thing Unholy really has going for it atm is AMZ.. at least until they (hopefully) fix the ridiculous cooldown on resummoning the ghoul.

On a side note to add to what I posted above, Resilient Infection is good for some lulz with someone stupid enough to dispel your Frost Fever that is auto-applied with glyphed Howling Blast... thus giving you a free HB to boosh them with. Dispelling Frost diseases = almost gauranteed death atm. Quite a refreshing change.

Once again, I'm just praying HB stays no-cooldown and ridiculous damage, because Frost PvP is very OP atm, and certainly doesn't need any more utility than a DK gets baseline to make up for anything. Especially with Desolation.
    Last edited by Nukularpower; 2010-09-18 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukularpower View Post
    spells always hit

and the "permanent" ghoul dies in 3 swings and goes on a 2 min cooldown right now. What other "awesome utility" does UH have? Frost can get desolation. Frost can hit very hard from range without relying on an easily killed pet. The only thing Unholy really has going for it atm is AMZ.. at least until they (hopefully) fix the ridiculous cooldown on resummoning the ghoul.

On a side note to add to what I posted above, Resilient Infection is good for some lulz with someone stupid enough to dispel your Frost Fever that is auto-applied with glyphed Howling Blast... thus giving you a free HB to boosh them with. Dispelling Frost diseases = almost gauranteed death atm. Quite a refreshing change.

Once again, I'm just praying HB stays no-cooldown and ridiculous damage, because Frost PvP is very OP atm, and certainly doesn't need any more utility than a DK gets baseline to make up for anything. Especially with Desolation.
    There will be a numbers pass so the rediculous damage will surely go away I am afraid. And more damage doesnt equal more fun IMO, thats why I think they should focus on adding flavor and originality to the talent trees. I think unholy has that already and you proved my point regarding frost...its just a bunch of damage with little character and originality.

right now on actually on beta there both quite useable, even blood isnt bad for pvp. but overall unholy is much better, MUCH more surv. you can also pull of some prety sick stuff with the new pet transform(how its abilities change and so forth).
    and yes as far as straight up dmg goes by 1 single attack frost does more. but the dmg from your pet/diseases adds up to be more than frost overall.
    also its very easy to fit in necro strike as unholy as wer for frost its a little trickier and can screw you sometimes

edit: the pet cooldown is a MAJOR problem though, every other pet class(warlock/mage/hunter) have some kind of instant resumon thing and all of there pets actually do more dmg than ours on beta, besides maybe mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazx View Post
    right now on actually on beta there both quite useable, even blood isnt bad for pvp. but overall unholy is much better, MUCH more surv. you can also pull of some prety sick stuff with the new pet transform(how its abilities change and so forth).
    and yes as far as straight up dmg goes by 1 single attack frost does more. but the dmg from your pet/diseases adds up to be more than frost overall.
    also its very easy to fit in necro strike as unholy as wer for frost its a little trickier and can screw you sometimes

edit: the pet cooldown is a MAJOR problem though, every other pet class(warlock/mage/hunter) have some kind of instant resumon thing and all of there pets actually do more dmg than ours on beta, besides maybe mage.
    Actually frost can use necrotic strike just as easily. Howling blast has no CD and cost 1 frost rune and can be glyphs to apply frost fever. So you can freely use your necrotic strike without having a bunch of frost runes that cant be used.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Actually frost can use necrotic strike just as easily. Howling blast has no CD and cost 1 frost rune and can be glyphs to apply frost fever. So you can freely use your necrotic strike without having a bunch of frost runes that cant be used.
    ah no ur right i was still thinking before they removed the CD

Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    Well every class has only 1 pvp tree (if you're not an healer/dps class) so i don't think it's that strange.
    Fury is not good for pvp either, if you wanna do some serious pvp you must spec arms. That's quite similar for us, if you wanna pvp just go unholy.
    I really doubt they want to balance 2 trees to be competitive in pvp, it would be a huge pain.
    Good point...

Besides Prot is ubermode in PvP aswell (On live)

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wel... Frost is ment to be the pve dmg spec, and unholy the pvp dmg spec.
    WTB: Bluepost on that.

Anyone saying "I really hope that xyz doesn't get nerfed, because DKs are super omg op right now" is really just asking for it... Did arena season 5 teach you nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wel... Frost is ment to be the pve dmg spec, and unholy the pvp dmg spec.
    please show where that is said in blue and not in the opponions of people who are not in charge of class development.