Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Also, need I remind you that the PTR is FREE to play?. My account has been expired for over a month and I am playing the PTR daily submitting feedback.

I was unaware of this. Has it always been like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
    What does Activision have to d owith this?

Blizzard take over Activision (stock market) and they made a fusion to a new trademark called Activision Blizzard.

But Blizzard (Vivendi, the owner of Activision Blizzard) has still controll like before over itself.
    Also they announced that both are running independant. There will change nothing.
    Blizzard doesnt controll Activision and vise versa.

They are talking or trade same ideas, or some programmers change from one to the other, but they still work like before the fusion.
    And if not, Vivendi has 52-68% of the stocks, so the owner of blizzard is still the same.

And Blizzard Entertainment is still publishing their games on their own. (SC II published by Blizzard Entertainment). Blizzard is only a part of Activiion BLizzard who works on their own.
    Um no. Blizzard didn't take over Activision nor did they "make a fusion" for a new trademark.

Vivendi Games owned Blizzard. Vivendi merged with Activision controlling the majority share. New name of Activision Blizzard was created as the new Vivendi Games division.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    theres no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the oposite
    I figure if I say it enough it might eventually sink in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

PS. Activision doesn't control Blizzard.
    Yeah and it doesn't control Infinity Ward either.

Quote Originally Posted by allforone View Post
    Yeah and it doesn't control Infinity Ward either.
    IW was a small company acquired by Activision who are the developers of the game Call of Duty and it's many installments.

Did you flunk High School economics or something? Or do you think Doritos is their own company rather than a brand name of the company Frio-Lay who is owned by guess who...PepsiCo Inc?

Basic Business 101: Build up a company, make money, buy more companies, make more money. End result? You're even richer but you don't give a damn about all the companies you own as long as their still making the dough and contributing to your bottom line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good suggestion for those interested in testing is to get a handful of guildmates to come over with you and if your interested in checking out the abilities and such then go runsome ToGC or Ulduar, the ICC buff isn't present in either of these so you won't have to worry about the debuff on tanks. With present gear level even on test its doable.

And as some have said, the point of the PTR is to get a larger participation rate on core changes coming in a build soon. Despite it being sort of a free ride to do content before it comes out over the last year and a half, a systems change patch is more along the lines of what a good use of the PTR server is for.

Havnt crashed yet and done about 15 five mans, wait time is less than 5 minutes if you use the random tool... I dunno what you are doing.

Most of the development work is being done based on closed beta feedback, however the PTR is also important because the 4.0 build differs substantially from the beta build. As a result of those diffrences there will be bugs on the PTR that would not be present in Beta. These bugs need to be ironed out before the PTR build goes live. There are substantial benefits in enlisting users to assist in the testing process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suleria View Post
    Most of the development work is being done based on closed beta feedback, however the PTR is also important because the 4.0 build differs substantially from the beta build. As a result of those diffrences there will be bugs on the PTR that would not be present in Beta. These bugs need to be ironed out before the PTR build goes live. There are substantial benefits in enlisting users to assist in the testing process.
    Gratz on your 100th post, an epic post if there ever was one!

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

What are you talking about?
    Iv done plenty of 5 man's sure there hard to do but iv done them.
    And my game doesn't crash it must just be you and a few others...

Deleted
    hehe, OP they are not testing cataclysm, they are testing patch 4.0.1, AKA the patch where we get the class changes and talent trees etc

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    And did you hear the latest news about Activision? Apparently they're considering putting all of Starcraft 2's cinematica on a dvd and selling it. Talk about a money grab.
    You mean like Blizzard did for SC1?

http://www.amazon.com/StarCraft-Wide.../dp/B000FULXII

Gosh darn those Activisions for being so evil.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    And you're saying rushing cataclysm, is not a marketing decision?

/facepalm
    This guy is pretty funny.
    He's been trolling the forums all day about this doom and gloom.

He seems to believe Activsion have the controlling stake in Bliz and will not shut up about it. Don't think he gets that the CEO of blizz, not the CEO of Acti-Blizz get's the final say in all things WoW related. Go do some research before claiming about things you know nothing of.
    Oh wait, you'll either dodge that statement or you'll say you work for Blizzard next and that Activision are rushing the workforce.

/spell reflect face-palm.

Its out to test the effect oof the patch on live. They use different systems for beta(and alphas) then they do on live and they want to see how it works out.

Also... omfg people, activison and blizz did a side merger. THey are still 2 seperate companys, they just share reasources to lower overheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    Its out to test the effect oof the patch on live. They use different systems for beta(and alphas) then they do on live and they want to see how it works out.

Also... omfg people, activison and blizz did a side merger. THey are still 2 seperate companys, they just share reasources to lower overheads.
    Remember guys. Its unlikely that you are talking to mature reasonable adults here. Well, maybe some. Well, maybe I'm a third right with some of us too.

Idiots will be idiots. Just give it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

PTR is good for finding bugs, found for example that Runeforging does not work, so making a DK on the test servers has no use since you cannot proceed past one of the first quests. Of course reported that bug.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Fucking CHRIST. The stupidity in some of these Activision-Blizzard fuckfests is astounding.

They are SEPARATE ENTITIES UNDER VIVENDI. BLIZZARD STILL EXISTS, ACTIVISION STILL EXISTS, AND ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD IS SEPARATE.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne View Post
    Remember guys. Its unlikely that you are talking to mature reasonable adults here. Well, maybe some. Well, maybe I'm a third right with some of us too.

Idiots will be idiots. Just give it up.
    I cant help it... I have a limit on how much stupid i can take....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talents have little quirks and bugs. Mass testing finds the stupid bugs or rare bugs.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

When the OP asks a question and then argues with the people that give him the right answer...

You might be in a troll thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    For now,

- Talent trees
    - Intellect > Spellpower conversion ratio
    - Strength/Agility > Attack Power conversion ratio

The PTR will give them more of an idea on whether they should lower the conversion rate or increase it.