Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Just anything we can find and send them report is very useful, since they are getting thousands of testers for free.
    Most of us are in fact paying to test Cataclysm.

All i can say about the PTR is fix thorns!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    - All battlegrounds are broken

- No one does 5 mans.

- Raids are impossible to do because of the damage increase.

- the game crashes every five minutes.

And now we're getting the first bit of data from the patch? I'm a little bit scared. Do you think Activision is pressuring them into an early release?
    You just answered your own question.

Deleted
    The Ashbringer...

Oh wait...

But srsly, talents and skills, slowly adding rest of content maybe? No? I'm clueless.

-

- All battlegrounds are broken

- No one does 5 mans.

- Raids are impossible to do because of the damage increase.

- the game crashes every five minutes.

WSG works

I have done quite a few 5mans for lulz, so people are doing them

the raid thing is true

Game doesnt crash for me

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    For now,

- Talent trees
    - Intellect > Spellpower conversion ratio
    - Strength/Agility > Attack Power conversion ratio

The PTR will give them more of an idea on whether they should lower the conversion rate or increase it.
    idd, I'm sure they will lower the Conversion rate. I'm not used to doing 11k single target DPS in Heroics on my Shadow Priest. Although I like it, it doesn't feel right :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Activision is pressuring them into an early release?
    Blizzard still has the same big cheese as they have since 1998. Vivendi.

Of COURSE there are problems on the PTR they just put up for a major content patch. It's a PTR. Public. TEST. Realm. There are going to be problems, and the PTR is there for them to have players find the problems so they can fix them before it goes live.

Testing the transition perhaps, from old to new client -unless PTR also downloads the Cata files, then it's absurd that stuff that work in Cata beta are broken in PTR.

Just want to say that vivendi (aka blizzard now) own 52% of activision blizzard marketshare, so blizzard could put pressure on activision if they wanted but less from activision to blizzard. Dont worry blizzard do not have pressure from activision just from blizzard themselves.

Like has been said before, stress testing and, to a lesser degree, let people play with the new skill trees.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I was unaware of this. Has it always been like that?
    I don;t know but I'm loving it. I was going to go buy a game card then PTR dropped and I tried.... and it worked. So no game card til Cata drops for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Blizzard still has the same big cheese as they have since 1998. Vivendi.
    This is true.

It's like this... "Activsion Blizzard" is the board/oversight company which owns Blizzard and Activision, on which the ceos and various other board members exist, including Morhaime, and mostly populated by Vivendi execs. Activision is still what it has always been. It exists on the same tier as, and has very little if anything to do with decisions made by or for Blizzard.

That's how I understand it anyway. Blizzard were barely even aware that the merger had taken place. They do what they want, when they want.
    Last edited by sacrebleu; 2010-09-18 at 12:41 AM. Reason: clarification

Which is how it should be. No other company should be telling blizzard what to do with their own intellectual property.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    People's patience.
    you
    win

Deleted
    I run 5 mans as a healer, i find it fun, simply because the mobs do more damage, also love running around in tauren form throwing teh heals

This post is obviously made from only the point of view of the OP.
    I'm doing almost nothing but 5mans. I haven't bothered to try the raids because of the imbalance in tank damage, which wasn't intended. Not all of the BG's are broken. I was in a Wsg that worked fine, if it wasn't for half the horde being disconnected pretty much through the whole match. More importantly the Test Dummies work fine, and in popular cities you can pretty much test your raid dps.

I think mostly the reason for this PTR was to either give you experience with your new talents before the pre-cata patch, or just to plain get feedback on the changes from people that weren't invited to the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Just want to say that vivendi (aka blizzard now) own 52% of activision blizzard marketshare, so blizzard could put pressure on activision if they wanted but less from activision to blizzard. Dont worry blizzard do not have pressure from activision just from blizzard themselves.
    No. Vivendi is the parent company of both Blizzard and Activision. Vivendi owns the 52% or so. Vivendi Games, the game division of Vivendi is now Activision Blizzard. A company can still be owned by another while remaining a separate entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.