Poll: Do you like Earthquake?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    About as useful and any other AoE spell in a BG, but i'll let you guys figure that out.

---------- Post added 2010-09-17 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo View Post
    You ever heard of lightwell?
    Yes we have, its actually the 11 pt. talent, and its actually pretty good, if you know how to use it. :|
    Yes and no, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I would rather have it attached to a cast time. Not channeled.

- Reduce the damage and mana cost.
    - Increase the CD. Perhaps 10 second duration, 15 - 20 second CD.

Allow elemental shamans to throw down an earthquake and continue to deal damage from other sources. The knock down has been whittled down from 30%(I believe it was 30% early, early on) to 10% currently. A 10% proc to stun someone for 1 second should not force the caster to remain standing still, vulnerable to interrupts.
    Word. Thank you.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    Of course, it will probably be tweaked more before Cata comes out. Bliz won't leave the 31pt talent being completely awful.
    New to shaman eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I would rather have it attached to a cast time. Not channeled.

- Reduce the damage and mana cost.
    - Increase the CD. Perhaps 10 second duration, 15 - 20 second CD.

Allow elemental shamans to throw down an earthquake and continue to deal damage from other sources. The knock down has been whittled down from 30%(I believe it was 30% early, early on) to 10% currently. A 10% proc to stun someone for 1 second should not force the caster to remain standing still, vulnerable to interrupts.
    It's not a 10% chance to stun one guy, it's a chance to stun an entire crowd. If EQ still had a 30% stun...AV turtles would go to whoever has the ele shammies. Yes, this is a situational use of EQ, but it does happen a lot in BG's. So yeah, a mass CC/AoE spell does have a trade-off for casters; just ask a frost mage.

EQ has no DPS value, its the only 31point talent that is useless in raids, spriest 31point is mana regen and an "oh shit" button much raid use there.
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

I think it could use some less RNG. Maybe have an effect like stuns every 1 sec for 0.5 secs so its good to use against casters/melee while in the Earthquake, movespeed reduced by 50%, damage increased, maybe have chain lightning deal more dmg to targets within Earthquake (idk for +aoe dmg?).

I don't play an ele shaman but tbh the EQ right now is crap with RNG and pitiful damage.

For the record Starfall was initially quite a lackluster talent many boomkins didn't pick it up much less use it. Look how that turned out
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

I want to smack all 56 people saying they will use it... Because you know since we won't be aoeing in cata and you won't use it in arena, when do you plan on using it?
    Last edited by Piptooth; 2010-09-18 at 04:46 AM.

Sig by Visenna

False. We will AoE in Cataclysm. It just won't be the AoE fest that is WotLK. This has been addressed before. Whether it's the ideal AoE everyone wants is very up for debate and yada yada yada. Saying that no one will AoE is just wrong.

Let's be realistic. Haiti -loves- earthquakes. Definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    False. We will AoE in Cataclysm. It just won't be the AoE fest that is WotLK. This has been addressed before. Whether it's the ideal AoE everyone wants is very up for debate and yada yada yada. Saying that no one will AoE is just wrong.
    So we will be AoEing little to none? WOOOO way to use the 31 point talent. Make it base line and give us something that doesn't suck.

Sig by Visenna

Earthquake sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Earthquake sucks.
    guys i have a box of tissues if any of you need one..

Quote Originally Posted by taters25 View Post
    guys i have a box of tissues if any of you need one..
    nah i think its more pacifiers these guys need
    wait till your 85 and have experience to write off the talent

Deleted
    Ok be realistic - rated BGs will be big in cata (prob bigger than arena) so mass CC will be absolutely needed there, so umm i still miss the point of ppl saying it's useless and we still haven't seen if there would be some awesome glyph for it but even like that it's overall very nice.

In 5 man / raid trash it's fine, but outside of that, there isn't much use in bg or pvp (I did say much there so calm down). Playing in the ptr, I mostly use it to show ppl around org....thats about it atm. It's numbers have been increased quite a bit, so damage isn't too bad. Over-all I have to say "eh, good effort" to blizz. Blizz, listening to shamans, two years too late (^.^)b

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I've ran into far more stupid players.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Blankspace View Post
    Ok be realistic - rated BGs will be big in cata (prob bigger than arena) so mass CC will be absolutely needed there, so umm i still miss the point of ppl saying it's useless and we still haven't seen if there would be some awesome glyph for it but even like that it's overall very nice.
    Arena will still be the optimal place for Points. More can be obtained there. 10% knockdown chance doesn't warrant casting EQ ever...you'd just be CC-ing yourself for the channel duration, assuming you don't get locked out of the school, which would also screw you. You're better off actually using real abilities.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Why wouldn't you?

Just because it is not a single-target DPS increase in your rotation does not make it useless. Look at the Shadow 31 point talent.
    You do realize that Dispersion is a life saving defensive CD that also returns mana. I love it on my spriest, and it has an obvious purpose in PvP and "oh sh*t" moments in PvE. EQ doesn't really fit into PvE or PvP. I mean, it's a channeled fucking AoE. boring....

It's the only 31-point Cata ability that really has no home. WTB re-design.

Quote Originally Posted by yoh000 View Post
    eq sucks
    Earthquake sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Earthquake in its current form isn't very appealing. they should just remove the knockdown (lol, 10%, really?) and make it do something else, something that makes it more than situational.

imo, it should have a 20% chance per pulse to release an unchained fire elemental from the epicenter. (an elemental that doesn't last as long as the totem) kinda running off of GC's ideas to possibly make elementals spawn out of totems randomly.

something like that absolutely needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    Umm, i think your mana numbers are a bit off. Considering that at level 80 your base mana is 4396, that makes EQs cost 2638 (60% base Mana). I have a hard time believing that our base mana pool jumps to 22000+, as it would be to make that total you stated correct. Dont give such mis-information when trying to prove your point.
    What?

Yes, base mana jumps as hell.

Why exactly would I make these numbers up, when there are other betatesters, who could obviously come and make me look like a liar?

http://img696.imageshack.us/f/shambasehpmana.jpg/
    http://img710.imageshack.us/i/shambasehpmana2.jpg/
    http://img801.imageshack.us/i/shambasehpmana3.jpg/

Maybe next time dont jump to conclusions, thank you very much. insane base mana is the main reason why healers will have a much harder time, since their heals jumped in mana too.

edit; almost forgot, in before "your ilevel is 293 you liar!"
    http://img36.imageshack.us/i/ilevelwut.jpg/

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Earthquake has immense CC potential on any BG bottleneck situation.
    It has not. its 10%. You know whats 10%? thats same 10% like to hit rogue with spells while he is in CloS. How many times did you actually had such a luck to fire a spell through his CloS? not to mention for example twice in a row? 10% is garbage.
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2010-09-18 at 10:52 AM.