gaming mice are stupid.

so why do i control 5 buttons with my thumb 5 buttons with my pointer finger and 1 button with my middle while my ring and pinkie finger go completely unused? anyone else think this is stupid? (i'm using a logitech MX-revolution) does anyone know of a mouse out there that does use those fingers and is still you know...good quality and comfortable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Logitech G9X and use all the buttons for gaming. I did have a Razer Naga and hated it with a passion. 12 buttons for the thumb and a size that was uncomfortable just didn't work out for me. As for a mouse that better uses your ring and pinky fingers, I wouldn't see a benefit as most people are uncoordinated in those fingers to use them efficiently for more than one purpose.

Deleted
    At first, I read it as "Gamer Mice" and instantly thought of a mouse (the animal) playing a game.

Weird.

I have two thumb buttons and that's all I need. I could never be assed to even try and coordinate my thumb to remember all the binds on a Razor Naga.

Besides, it costs a lot of cash, that could be more well spent on beer!

Two buttons and a wheel is all I need to play. Some unnamed Genius model that serves me for 5+ years.

My old (antique even) Razer Diamondback has 4 buttons, 2 on each side. But I rarely use even 1 of them. I bought it because of the overall niceness of the design and the way it feels in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Two buttons and a wheel is all I need to play. Some unnamed Genius model that serves me for 5+ years.
    This, i got some weird keyboard from my friend that glows red and has tons of extra buttons and interchangeable keyboards on it he doesnt use anymore, not sure who made it but i only use the actual keys, i never use the R1 buttons or L5, heck i dont even use my F keys, my keyboards sticks to letters, numbers, the tab key, caps lock, shift key, control key, alt key, the numbers at the top of the keyboard, and occassionally the delete or num lock button. Only reason i like it is the keys arent big so they feel easy to press down, and it glows red :P. My mouse is also from that genius company you talked about.

Strangely my friend keeps telling me to buy all this extra wow computer stuff to improve my gaming even though....I dont really care lol, my guild is satisfied with my performance dps wise, anything stupidity wise is my fault, not my keyboard or mouses fault, when people start talking about gaming mices, about how their latency just went from a 102 average in raiding to a 42 i zone out, i dont care to much about things like that. Plus all the gaming stuff costs good money, my computer is fast enough where i dont lag, im not missing any keys (however my keyboard will only turn on when my computer starts up half the time), my mouse works perfectly, my monitor looks fairly new and large and not a century old but not any of the fancy ones people talk about. I never deny it when i have generous friends who will give me their old computer equipment thats better than mine when they get new ones, even though i really dont think its necessary

tl;dr: I dont get the major point of getting all the best computer equipment you find unless you are in a guild like paragon or something and raiding is practically your job. Especially when in a couple months a new kind of keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc. will be released and make you feel like yours is some ancient trash.

I personally love my MX-revolution and actually I dont know what Im going to do because im going to have to replace it soon. =[
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
    so why do i control 5 buttons with my thumb 5 buttons with my pointer finger and 1 button with my middle while my ring and pinkie finger go completely unused? anyone else think this is stupid? (i'm using a logitech MX-revolution) does anyone know of a mouse out there that does use those fingers and is still you know...good quality and comfortable?
    Because the thumb and index finger are the most prehensile and strongest fingers in the hand. Adding additional buttons onto the ring and pinky finger would be moronic as they're not that useful considering the relative weakness of those two.

Why do you think the least used keys on the keyboard are for the ring and pinky finger?