Poll: Lock main spec?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cata Lock Main Spec?

To continue in the same spirit as similar threads for other classes, what do you plan your main spec to be when Cata releases?

Personally, I've been growing increasingly disappointed in changes to Affli ever since they simplified it in 3.1, and the fact that Cata isn't doing much with it doesn't help. Demo and Destro, on the other hand, are rife with interesting changes, with the addition of Soul Fire into the Destruction rotation and tons of fun additions to Demonology (We finally get to use our most badass pets, Felguard abilities, a fucking meteor).

Because of these, I'm probably staying Demo in Cata, with maybe a Destro offspec. What are your opinions?

Seeing as how I'm neither a mage nor a hunter, I'll probably stick with affliction still.

On PTR i'm pulling about 8k heroic boss dmg. I can be happy with that considering how fast those bosses go down compared to my long ass rotation. Don't see a raid boss doing anything but upping that.

Was using mainly a live-copy affliction spec, but got bored and messed around with it. Took the points out of destro's shadowbolt and put it into the pet attack speed in demo. I'm only throwing bolts when they proc and using Drain Life as my main nuke. Doing within 200dps of the old spec. I honestly like it and this is the spec i'm going to be keeping till 85 just for the solo survivability since they killed Syphon Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably switch to Affliction, there's too many holes in Demonology regarding Soul Shards, excessive damage from Life Taps and lack of real means of healing it. Destruction looks the more solid tree, but I just don't enjoy the playstyle.

Switching from Prot Pally to Demo Lock for Cata. Demo looks friggin' amazing.

I'm having a blast leveling Demo as well, having just gotten Meta, though Aff was really good for the mid-levels.

Mine will be Demo because with me as Demo, my 10 man will have every possible raid buff/debuff covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

Once affliction, always affliction.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

affli main demo off, destro just looks crippled

I am excited about all our specs but Demo looks the best. I want to go Demo if I can convince our current demo lock to change if not then I will probably go destro for pve and then afflic for pvp. I'M SO EXCITED =D
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

Deleted
    I'll be going destro lock. Unless it will be changed / nerfed / 'fixed', destro is amazing on the PTR. My dps has doubled, instant soulfire is procced at least once every 5 seconds, and most importantly - I never, ever run out of mana. In fact, with soul leech and replenishment being mandatory, I never ran below 95% so far.

Destruction fo'sho.

I'll keep on doing Demonology.

I was demo before it was cool to be demo, later switched to aff, going back to demo with aff off spec in cata.

lvling as affliction and raiding as which ever turns out to be the best (raid) dps, of course. i hope they do the same thing as they did with wrath, where each spec had its time

Deleted
    I've been demo for a long time and probably will continue to be, atleast if my guild still needs a demo lock. Think I'll get destro as offspec.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Def goin with destro again. I have been destro ever since BC and i have nvr left it. In Wrath we always had a demo lock so ive nvr needed to be demo that much unless he wasnt there. Im destro now on live and will always be even if it is nerfed. Love the playstyle, love the instant casts and attacking on the move in raid situations and nuking the hell outta stuff. People say destro is boring but the fast paced action and big numbers make it fun for me and the damage output is very nice in some higher end gear and nice trinks from ICC.

Probably affliction or destruction, whichever is slightly more DPS. I rarely play demo though, so if one of the previous edge is slightly edged out, may still play afflic/destro.

Always been affli, always will be!

Why do people think Demo looks so good? It's terrible on the PTR.

IMO, Destruction > Affliction > Demonology

In terms of damage.

I still voted Affliction, since it's my favorite. My true favorite is actually Demonology, but it's never been implemented the way I've wanted it to be, so I've just always hated it instead.

affliction is too slow.. things blowing up looks soo much better anyways :P demo or destro for me
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokex View Post
    affliction is too slow.. things blowing up looks soo much better anyways :P demo or destro for me
    Think about it this way: Your opponent has no idea what kind of damage you are dealing until it's too late. You slowly build momentum and become a being of constant pain instead of hurting them in spikes with them getting a respite between.