(Suggestion) Changes to Wild Mushroom

Just a disclaimer, I'm not in the beta, and I've only played very little on the PTR concerning druids, but I wanted to utilize one of our new abilities in Cataclysm to better fit Resto Druids, because I saw an opportunity for it to be used here and I just am jotting down my thoughts.

Basically how I feel is that, although Resto Druids got a neat mechanic in replace of their permanent Tree of Life form (the changes to spells while it's used), and differnet talents to affect our rotation around the board, the new Cataclysm Spells specifically have absolutely no use to us. What I'm attempting to do here is turn one of the new ones (the 85 talent, which imo should be a really neat talent across all specs) and make it more viable for use.

As it stands now Magic Mushroom has the following effects:

Wild Mushroom: Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast.

That being said, Tree of Life also has the changes to the following Balance spells:

Entangling Roots
    Thorns
    Wrath

Now, I immediately notice off the bat they are going for a Nature Theme here, where all of the spells have one way or another to do with Nature Damage as opposed to Arcane Damage, so I was thinking why not add Wild Mushroom to that list and give it a Resto Druid specific useage when under the effects of Tree of Life?

For example, when you popped Tree of Life, every Mushroom instead of becoming a mini nuke which you could set off, instead spurred into a Tree of Restoration. Basically my concept was to have it the same as Freya's ability in Ulduar, except changed in a few ways; it's targettable and could be destroyed but had an AoE wide heal or something every second depending on how close you were, like the following:

Your Tree of Life spell now causes your Wild Mushroom spell to spawn a Tree of Restoration instead. These trees are targettable and can be destroyed, but will cast Rejuvenation to members 15 yards from the tree, Lifebloom to members within 10 yards of the tree, and Regrowth to members within 5 yards of the tree. Pulsates out heals every 3 seconds. X% of Base Mana. Lasts X Seconds or until Destroyed. Can only have three Trees of Restoration up at one time.
    I wouldn't think it'd be too rigged but I wanted second opinions, namely from a PvP standpoint. I wanted it to be a position based mechanic where if you got near it you were healed better, as opposed to farther away but I didn't wanna stress that much. Any thoughts? I put in those spells just as I thought of them, but my general idea was to have the weakest heal on the outside, the most intense one on the inside, and an average one on the inside. If you feel a better spell could be used by all means let me know.

Deleted
    I quite like this idea, I'd love the healing tree thing from Freya!!!!

Deleted
    "The trees CAN'T atack they recibe 200% more DMG than the normal"
    then in PvP it woll be Ok, also they need a CD os something like "For each tree you lose a 33% of your movility, if there is 3 trees you start channeling, if you die or lose the control of your toon, the trees despawn and the CD of the Tree go to 5min"

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea about making Wild Mushroom change will at Restoration spec is awesome, but I don't like that suggestion with the tree. It just seems too OP and mandatory to use. Just a nice little bonus for certain situations would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    "The trees CAN'T atack they recibe 200% more DMG than the normal"
    then in PvP it woll be Ok, also they need a CD os something like "For each tree you lose a 33% of your movility, if there is 3 trees you start channeling, if you die or lose the control of your toon, the trees despawn and the CD of the Tree go to 5min"
    They were never meant to attack, so I don't know where you got that from. As for your other points I wanted them to be sort of like beacons that your party / raid members could run too to heal themselves, and it could also be used for creative positioning in Arenas / BG's to provide some cover. The range also was meant to limit it's effectiveness so you couldn't just place them in a very obscure and hard to reach place without attacking them out of your way.

As for the mobility thing, I'm sort of indifferent on that point. I can see why it'd be bad if you were able to move but I'd rather it not hinder your overall capabilities. Steady heals will never be able to out do a burst heal when needed, but again I can't really argue a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I think the idea about making Wild Mushroom change will at Restoration spec is awesome, but I don't like that suggestion with the tree. It just seems too OP and mandatory to use. Just a nice little bonus for certain situations would be nice.
    Aren't mandatory things beneficial though? I mean I was trying to get it to be as useable as Wild Mushroom is to a balance druid, but also have a neat Resto Druid application to it.

Interesting idea. I think the lifebloom and regrowth pulses are too much though. If it was ever implemented it would end up being sort of like a stronger version of healing rain, since you can only be in tree form for 45 seconds or however long it is.

It would make it wild mushrooms an interesting mechanic for the resto druids. Remember that it is only useable for 45s out of a 5 minute cooldown (a 15% uptime). Also it fits in with the ground based healing of efflorescence. Circles of Green healing and Miniature trees. win

The best part of the suggestion was the instant cast. I like that a lot. Right now its .5s and a pain in the ass

edit: cause spelling is hard
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Make it keep the ability to detonate so you can still knock a rogue from stealth / vanish while in Tree form and you've got a deal! Otherwise I'd rather have the detonate > extra heals, while in ToL you do insane healing already and almost automatic crits on instant cast Regrowths :3

it look like a cooldown on cooldown! I like to see mushrooms find a use on resto tree but not exactly like this.
    ex. give us a talent that changes mushrooms: reduce the mushrooms you can have to 1 but instead your wild mushroom radiate a heal to the most injure targets over 6 seconds and after that the mushroom detonate healing everyone within 30yards
    almost like an aoe lifebloom.
    I know they dont want to give us more healing but its rediculus if u think that priests have tons of heals and the give them the new revalation talent that converts their holy word: chastise to healing spell depend on the chacra state.

exept blizz already said that resto has enough heals as it is if thy wanted resto to get a new spell they would have put it in. the aoe of regrowth is already a new mechanic to an old ability and if u stack it is very potent for aoe healing so a new "tree" that mindlessly heals targets in an area is not what blizzard wants. if they did lightwell wouldnt be garbage still.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

they already improve lightwell , now you can click it from 15 yard radius and it doesnt change your target one nice macro from every player and you can use it exactly like a healthstone.
    Yes i know what they said that we have enough heals and thaey dont want to give us new spell but its doesnt make sence if you think that priest have tons of spell and they still give them more and they always find room for new helpfull abilities to their new mechanichs.
    The only thing they need is creativity not excuses that doesnt make sence.
    Imagine in an expansion after cataclysm did they still tell us that we have too much spell and istead they give to every other healing class more abilities exept druid?