Thread: Priest DPS Vid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Just to note, the proper way to DPS now will be to refresh dots right before they fall off, not right after.
    Oh, is this a change to dots where they cannot, to some degree, be clipped? Reapplication when it's close to falling off will just add the correct amount of time to the timer, right?

I wondered about this, what if you spam sw: pain, for example? Can you get, say, a 2-minute duration sw: pain?

I havnt really been paying too much attention to the PTR lately, but after watching this video I noticed that the mind flay channels were practically flawlessly casted one into the other, has the way mind flay casts been changed, or does the caster just have ridiculously low latency....?

Quote Originally Posted by Grund View Post
    I havnt really been paying too much attention to the PTR lately, but after watching this video I noticed that the mind flay channels were practically flawlessly casted one into the other, has the way mind flay casts been changed, or does the caster just have ridiculously low latency....?
    Mind Flay won't clip itself when chain cast, but other spells still clip your Mind Flay.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    preaty nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    When crit gets high enough for ... what? Mind Spike's eating the orbs, which give bigger boosts to Mind Blast. Why would you want to do that for a higher "chance" to crit? Mind Spike's not part of the rotation.
    Just expanding on this..

A friend of mine got into the beta, who is a shadow priest and he let me play around on his acount for a while.. All Mindspike is for is a 'this shit needs to die fast' spell. Think of like.. Bone spikes on Marrowgar, its really annoying dotting up a spike to kill it and what not, so instead you can Mindspike twice and throw out an instant MB that will most likely crit, and the job is done. Which is a little disapointing to me, I wish it would fit into the rotation, but i'm glad we still got a spell with utility like this.

Also, on a side note. I couldn't quite notice but, why wouldn't you want 3 stacks of shadow orbs before mindblasting? Still seems like a waste of a GCD if you dont. I mean, 30k+ crit (I know it will be different at 85) with mastery and such seems like the only time to MB. If your RNG loves you, you'll be able to still keep replenishment up this way. Thanks for the vids though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Mind Flay won't clip itself when chain cast, but other spells still clip your Mind Flay.
    They haven't changed it yet, Mind Flay still clips itself.

EDIT: On further study, it is changed however its on a per tick basis, instead of the whole cast as in [nochanneling] style I assumed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Grund View Post
    I do have low latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Holytoast View Post
    Just expanding on this..

A friend of mine got into the beta, who is a shadow priest and he let me play around on his acount for a while.. All Mindspike is for is a 'this shit needs to die fast' spell. Think of like.. Bone spikes on Marrowgar, its really annoying dotting up a spike to kill it and what not, so instead you can Mindspike twice and throw out an instant MB that will most likely crit, and the job is done. Which is a little disapointing to me, I wish it would fit into the rotation, but i'm glad we still got a spell with utility like this.

Also, on a side note. I couldn't quite notice but, why wouldn't you want 3 stacks of shadow orbs before mindblasting? Still seems like a waste of a GCD if you dont. I mean, 30k+ crit (I know it will be different at 85) with mastery and such seems like the only time to MB. If your RNG loves you, you'll be able to still keep replenishment up this way. Thanks for the vids though!
    I have done some napkinmath, and with 4 pc its still better to wait for 2+ stacks. And yea I was hoping Mind Spike could somehow be incorporated into our rotation, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Just to note, the proper way to DPS now will be to refresh dots right before they fall off, not right after.
    Done right, depending on status of filler spells, waiting till after may still yield a bigger gain, depending on time waited. We'll have to wait for the numbers the dots are hitting for vs mind flay at 85 to decide the leeway of time to renew vs clip

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 04:23 AM ----------

I'll try a new video with renewing before expiration and using MB on CD though.

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 06:01 AM ----------

Newest new vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCOsQgPwd1U

Plenty of other class vids there, if anyone has any requests let me know
    Last edited by ayako; 2010-10-04 at 10:23 AM.