Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shadow priest being OP

Warning: some QQ here

Shadow Priest are the only class on ALL my toons that I don't want to even to approach in pvp.
    I have 1K resil, (I know 1K is not the best, but its not nothing either) on my hunter and I can very easily be killed in a chain Fear+Psychic Horror. Even rogues I don't mind so much anymore on any toon be it hunter, lock, pally or disc priest, because I can outlast their stunlock, but good luck coming up against a Shadow Priest.

Am I justified in feeling/thinking spriest are rather OP at this time?

Yeah they are quite OP, but there is allways a bigger fish (ugh ugh LSD).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been leveling one over the past 2 weeks or so. I am now 76 on it, since going to Outlands until my current level, I have healed myself about 5 times and never not once had to drink for mana. Shadow Priests are beasts and I cannot wait to hit 80 lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    from what i hear, they are pretty powerful in Cata Beta ATM.

Yes, Spriest is currently the most OP 1v1 class. But as you know, PvP is not balanced around 1v1. Part of it comes from the fact that they can chain CC a caster by themselves (Psychic Scream -> Psychic Horror -> Silence) and the insane amount of damage they do through DoTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Spriests are pretty strong in 1v1 there's also the fact spriests are pretty much a counter to hunters :/ Dots -> disperse and you'll probaly drop a decent amount since detterance doesn't help.

The fact that their easy to play doesn't help either. :|
    But, the damage it takes for fear to break is MUCH less in Cata. I don't know if that's a number thing that's going to be changed, but as of now its extremely small.
    But the best advice I can give is put out constant pressure on them. Having a melee that can stick on you (which is almost all, seeing as Priests have very limited peels) is obnoxious.
    But it was mostly because, in my opinion at least, that 2 of their 3 dots scaled with haste, as not much dots do in wrath, making them lolop.

I always wanted to be op! Fury warriors and good rogues as well as warlocks own spriests.

Well it goes both ways mate, a good hunter will own my Spriest ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Store1989 View Post
    Well it goes both ways mate, a good hunter will own my Spriest ^^
    Whoever this guy is I think he should stop posting.

I really couldn't give two shits about SPriests, yes. They're pretty overpowered at the moment. But, why the hell are they beating Warlocks at their own game? Shadow Word: Pain ticks for more than Corruption for christ's sake! What the hell is this?!

Wait until Cata comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    I really couldn't give two shits about SPriests, yes. They're pretty overpowered at the moment. But, why the hell are they beating Warlocks at their own game? Shadow Word: Pain ticks for more than Corruption for christ's sake! What the hell is this?!
    Atleast Warlock's dots don't get dispelled 1 second after you put them up. (talking afli here)

Deleted
    No it doesnt... and also lol a hunter crying about sp HAHA, i'll put it in an easy way, hunters cant win sp thats it, if they do, ebay sp, kk thx.

The Hybrid tax has supposedly been removed so there is no such thing as "their own game".
    Yes. That Shaman Just Licked Your face.

Disc Priests destroy my Shadow Priest.

There OP and i dont understand why most players think they arent, they do have everything in the game also.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Nah, they aren't that bad, do as I do: every time you see a shadowy character, run.

And never stop running.

If the shadows whisper you, it's too late too run, just let the tears flow.

Deleted
    i used to beat priests with my rogue but it seems that sp has become very hard to kill.
    They are so defensive and dots tick like hell

They're not OP, people are just used to them being an easy kill, and so they approach the fight without caution.

Believe it or not, as a Shadow Priest that plays heavily in pvp, there are a few classes that send shivers down my spine.

Dks, well played rogues, warlocks, disc priests.

The key is to not let us get many of our dots off, especially VT. If you prevent us from getting VT up, I can guarantee that we'll feel pressured to put it up.

Also, if we switch to our regular form to try and heal ourselves, that's a good sign that we're feeling the heat, and a good time to try and strike hard. We lose 15% of our damage resistance once we drop shadow form, and our shadow spell are weak.

Just be careful.

If you're talking about 1v1 duels though.. yeah, we'll beat you all the time. Good thing the game isn't about 1v1 duels.

---------- Post added 2010-09-19 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    There OP and i dont understand why most players think they arent, they do have everything in the game also.
    I think you amy be confusing us with Death Knights.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow