Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    There OP and i dont understand why most players think they arent, they do have everything in the game also.
    Well there are players who think Elemental isn't faceroll and OP either.

Ontopic: Spriests are indeed borderline OP atm. They're one of the best 1v1 classes and got quite a decent ammount of viable/OP setups in arena. I'm happy to be a Feral Druid in 1v1 situations against one, but as soon as a Spriest/Rogue team in 2v2 pops up, I can aswell /afk.

Honestly, my problem with shadow priests is more a problem with Blizzard.

To use an example that isn't about classes (so nobody can get butthurt or defensive), I've leveled quite a few toons in my days and doing so I've come to remember which quests were such a pain in the ass that they weren't worth doing. Blizzard, of course, gets wind of so many players not bothering with some of their quests and goes back to make them more tolerable--a good move, in my mind; you designed the content, why not get players to play it? But instead of taking a quest where you need 12 items that are about a 1/10 drop rate and making it, say, 1/5 or 1/4, it just becomes 100%.

That's how I feel about their approach to class balancing. Shadow priests were unbelievably underpowered for a long time, I don't think anybody would deny that. Now they're pretty OP. Boomkins are similar; they were bad in arena for a long time and get catapulted to near-OPness (I wouldn't QUITE call them OP as a class but they're definitely strong), and it was basically done by just over-buffing one spell to levels that are well beyond what any single button in the game should ever do, much less one you press and then can continue nuking. I'm also not a fan of the way Blizzard thinks balance means being ridiculously powerful as long as you're also ridiculously squishy.

Being as terrible as they were for as long as they were, I don't begrudge SPs their time in the sun but I hate the heavy-fisted "balancing" approach that got them there. And I can't lie: As much as what Blizzard is saying about Cata SOUNDS like the exact right approach (longer fights, bigger health pools + lower relative damage, etc), I'm terrified that it's just going to be a year-long balancing nightmare with classes bouncing from "why bother playing" to "let's re-roll" every patch.
    Last edited by jb226; 2010-09-20 at 07:14 PM.

yes - it's their "time in the sun." But let's not throw around the term OP so loosely. Yes, shadow priests are very, very strong in 1v1 situations...possibly even OP in 1v1 situations. But that's such a small part of PvP. There are stronger BG classes...and many stronger Arena classes. Those who believe SPriests must be nerfed at this point are likely those that got caught in a 1v1. If you have a choice, kite them to a skirmish and take advantage of their lack of a spammable CC or mobility.

shadow being overpowered "right now" is pretty entertaining since nothing has remarkably changed with the game for a long time except people gearing up.

spoiler: a class with 3 forms of CC and high DPS due to PVE items will always be OP towards the end of a PVE dungeon's cycle in PVP...

shadowpriest/rogue was a FOTM 2v2 comp a loooooong time ago. human shadowpriests with extra trinket or WOTF undead priests. Old news.

So now that shadow is starting to saturate in end of expansion gear (after all the real DPS got their items) yeah they're going to be strong, especially when paired with any amount of CC. ZZZ.

---------- Post added 2010-09-21 at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    yes - it's their "time in the sun." But let's not throw around the term OP so loosely. Yes, shadow priests are very, very strong in 1v1 situations...possibly even OP in 1v1 situations. But that's such a small part of PvP. There are stronger BG classes...and many stronger Arena classes. Those who believe SPriests must be nerfed at this point are likely those that got caught in a 1v1. If you have a choice, kite them to a skirmish and take advantage of their lack of a spammable CC or mobility.
    This whole 1v1 myth is bullshit.

Lets say its 5v5 or 10v10 and you have a shadow priest with dispersion. They have VE up and tab dot the other 5, silence the healer, AE fear, ranged disarm a melee. They're not ideal "train them down" dps targets. And what is the other side going to do? Waste time on dispels? In 5 GCDs you have SWP up on 5 targets and are trickle healing your side. Every gcd at that point is another powerful dot.

It could be 100v100, if the shadow priest chooses to single you out you are technically in a 1v1 situation and better get lucky with direct healing attention / dispels at that point.

Shadow is great in saturated gear. Other classes can be just as great. This thread is QQ.

I just wanted to add cause nobody has really ever thought of it this way, Spriest are the only dps that can cleanse and purge fyi and thats really OP in arena if the Spriest is on the job with it along with the best peel in the game. Along with self heals,bubble,offheals,and a counter to any class in the game and not to mention Spriest thrive on haste and most teams do have a shaman.

and yes i did say best peel along with howl of terror because Spriest and affl have instant aoe incapacitate for 8 sec, Spriest is more OP cause i belive its 1/2 the CD, its better then frost nova,typhoon,thunderstorm you name it.
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2010-09-21 at 08:14 PM.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

15+ Year Old Account
    Son of a bitch, we're OP for the first time ever and I quit playing! FML!

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    It could be 100v100, if the shadow priest chooses to single you out you are technically in a 1v1 situation and better get lucky with direct healing attention / dispels at that point.
    lol. Yes...i suppose if the healer in your group is fapping instead of healing, then it might be a 1v1. On the other hand, if he heals you...or if he's CCed by someone else's mechanic...or any other likely situation, it's not "technically a 1v1," haha. SPriests are currently the strongest 1v1 class. If you think there's no merit to that, then you haven't played since 3.3 (which, to address your earlier point, is when SPriests became good).

And of course other classes can be just as good. that was my entire point.

Affliction Warlock Dots are a joke compared to Shadow Priest DoTs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priests aren't super strong in a 1v1 capacity, it's the synergy with BL they have, 2 DoT's that scale with haste and the nature of how Mind Flay work allow Shadow to put out a lot of pressure.
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    There is no reason to play an affliction lock right now. Seriously, shadow priests are warlocks on steroids with built-in pets.

Stronger dots, more defenses, no need to micromanage a pet. Why would someone play a lock ?
    This guy is completly right, that is why Spriests are choosen over afli locks for RLS, WLD, LSD, MLD etc.

Oh wait....

Deleted

Stronger dots, more defenses.
    No.

I agree, shadow priests are way too OP now so I just avoid them at all costs, no other class on the game can burst me down as fast as them even on a healer but priests are just OP in general aka disc and shadow so I'm gonna try and level one. It's pretty retarded how 3 dots from a shadow priest can take so much health off THAT fast, so much for damage OVER time, that time being 3 seconds, not exactly what I'd call OVER TIME.

For my DK SPriests are easy, but Disc is a huge pain in the ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to play an affliction lock right now. Seriously, shadow priests are warlocks on steroids with built-in pets.

Stronger dots, more defenses, no need to micromanage a pet. Why would someone play a lock ?
    Locks are ALOT stronger in most situations....

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Shadow Priest
    chain Fear
    Get out.

Warning: some QQ here

Shadow Priest are the only class on ALL my toons that I don't want to even to approach in pvp.
    I have 1K resil, (I know 1K is not the best, but its not nothing either) on my hunter and I can very easily be killed in a chain Fear+Psychic Horror. Even rogues I don't mind so much anymore on any toon be it hunter, lock, pally or disc priest, because I can outlast their stunlock, but good luck coming up against a Shadow Priest.

Am I justified in feeling/thinking spriest are rather OP at this time?
    How can a Spriest chain fear with ONE fear that has a cooldown? Please explain this stupid comment.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

shadowpriest/rogue was a FOTM 2v2 comp a loooooong time ago. human shadowpriests with extra trinket or WOTF undead priests. Old news.
    Shadowpriest Rogue being a fotm comp pre spriest buffs? It was one of the hardest 2v2 comps in s5/s6/s7.

Warning: some QQ here

Shadow Priest are the only class on ALL my toons that I don't want to even to approach in pvp.
    I have 1K resil, (I know 1K is not the best, but its not nothing either) on my hunter and I can very easily be killed in a chain Fear+Psychic Horror. Even rogues I don't mind so much anymore on any toon be it hunter, lock, pally or disc priest, because I can outlast their stunlock, but good luck coming up against a Shadow Priest.

Am I justified in feeling/thinking spriest are rather OP at this time?
    I have a SPriest too (as well as a DK, ROgue and this Lock), and I will say that Hunters are pretty easy for me 1v1, but Lock vs. SPriest is a pretty good match, and shouldn't be so one-sided for you. Put CoT up and Spell Lock their VT. Don't Haunt or DC when they have PW:S or Dispersion up.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    Affliction Warlock Dots are a joke compared to Shadow Priest DoTs.
    No, they hit about the same really. SW:P hits harder than CoA, but UA has much better dispel protection than VT, plus Affliction rolls Corruption, which does more damage and healing than SW:P. Imp. DP is great because of the instant damage, but it sucks that it can only be on one target at a time. The difference is that SPriests have more burst capability than Affliction locks, not because of their DoT's, but because of Mind Blast and SW (and even Mind Flay really).

Both classes are strong, and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Well there are players who think Elemental isn't faceroll and OP either.

Ontopic: Spriests are indeed borderline OP atm. They're one of the best 1v1 classes and got quite a decent ammount of viable/OP setups in arena. I'm happy to be a Feral Druid in 1v1 situations against one, but as soon as a Spriest/Rogue team in 2v2 pops up, I can aswell /afk.
    Ele is slightly op but it takes a brain to play one, along with warrior and druid.
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2010-09-23 at 04:20 AM.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    They're not OP, people are just used to them being an easy kill, and so they approach the fight without caution.
    That's funny, last time I heard that excuse was from ret paladins in 3.0
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010