resto with haste

so while on the ptr i was trying out the healing styles of my pally priest(disc) druid and shaman and since i copied my shaman from live he was gemmed all haste. and my healing wave/greater healing wave was 1.4 second cast and im starting to think that since healing wave is so efficient even with rediculous amounts of haste u wont really be wasting mana. my point is would a druid be better off just gemming striaght haste so that we are able to spam nourish/healing touch(when needed) and not ever oom due to its efficiency and fast cast time? and with hots scaling with haste very well now it woul seem to benefit them as well, maybe not as much as int would but i think the idea could be something to look into.
    I understand blizz wants us to use the right tool for the job but why waste 1k mana on a regrowth when u can get a nourish to nearly the same cast and spend only 250? as i said i just thought it might be something to test once 4.0 hits since getting gems on the ptr is nearly impossible for me. :/
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new way stats are and skills are balanced around 85, not 80.

Main things are
    1) With mastery we will want only SP leather. They wont put only haste gear out. We won't be able to fully stack any one stat.
    2) At 85, in a raid situation and even heroic, you will be having mana problems. It's just not balanced now.