Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    You can see the future I see.
    Gief next weeks lottery numbers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    You mean this?

Yes I've seen it. Should of been like Borderlands and been singleplayer/co-op for the PC and Consoles. Would of made way more money, instead, it will just be another free mmo with another absurd cash shop.
    Looks like kind of half life with a Team fortress look...

Quote Originally Posted by aristocle View Post
    You know WoW is something truly special. It endeavoured to make the MMORPG more accessible to a larger playerbase, and as such people like me who never played MMO's was drawn to one.

That said. There comes a time in every games life to finally put down its hold on the market, and as such newer and better games will and have arrived. Interestingly enough the game is also showing its age in more ways then one. The paper mache tree leaves, the flat low quality ground textures, spray painted gear that looks like spandex on your toons, and even its game engine built from its own RTS series are antiques. Plenty of people love playing older games, and this is one that definitely won't be leaving the market any year soon. Some may even find those older games to be far more enjoyable! Goldeneye [N64} anyone?

It is truly honorable that Blizzard wants to revitalize its MMO world champ as something new and up to date. Surely many will love the leveling to 85 process, the revamped old world zones, and new races as they will continue to love the game out of loyalty if anything. Yet nothing could save this game besides a sweeping overhaul of the engine and complete remake of the old race animations and spells. The kind of change that would take far more time and work then even Blizzard would be ever willing to devote to its cherished title.

Perhaps their new MMO will once again blow us away in more ways then one. Yet, if anything I believe that Runic and ArenaNet will perhaps revitalize the market in exciting new ways if Blizzard fails to. With Tochlight 2 perhaps as a guinea pig for their future Torchlight MMO things look very good for Runic. Arenanet has amassed serious buzz with Guild Wars 2, and Red 5's new scifi free shooter MMO FireFall looks to be interesting as well.

I think its time to put aside denial. This game, WoW, was and will continue to be here as a reminder of what went right with the MMO. However, and this is hard to say, its time for it to finally move aside.

Blizzard had its time to shine with WoW, Cataclysm won't help it.
    Not that you have a clue, but WoW will be on top for a while yet.

This game was also going to end when AoC came out. And when WAR came out. And when Aion came out.

/zzz

I got loost trying to find Mankrik's wife.
    OT: i dont think WoW will just go straight up, then decline. it will go up and down, depending on the expansion.

I think the original poster is correct, won't happen quickly but I believe Cata is the beginning of the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fxrs View Post
    I think the original poster is correct, won't happen quickly but I believe Cata is the beginning of the end.
    Clever pun. But no. The biggest expansion? Most stuff being added, nearly everything being redone, new UIs, new talent trees, etc etc. I'm sure it'll keep WoW afloat for 2 years, until the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Clever pun. But no. The biggest expansion? Most stuff being added, nearly everything being redone, new UIs, new talent trees, etc etc. I'm sure it'll keep WoW afloat for 2 years, until the next expansion.
    We'll see. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Change isn't always for the better, ask Obama.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fxrs View Post
    We'll see. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so. Change isn't always for the better, ask Obama.
    You wont see what "change" he brought until 2012 and beyond when the next president is elected. Not to mention the president is just a puppet. But you've seen the threads, you've seen the outrage of omg WoW is the same old boring stuff, why can't they change such and such. And that's what they're doing. So for this game, yes, change will be for the better.

Lol, I was simply using him as an analogy but change is only for the better if it works. We'll see.

Some other things that have been the downfall of WoW throughout the years: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=20677635725

10+ Year Old Account
    BWAHAHAHAHAHa

Guild Wars 2? Srs? I've played the first one and if its anything like it it'll just fall into the depths of free mmos, with occasional talk in a chat room or on the streets.

How will Cata not help it? When I was a young lad in 8th grade WoW came out, my friends loved it (I didn't get it until late 9th grade) and as soon as I got it we started old raids and PVP and junk, was a blast. Then BC came and 80% left (10 friends, 8 left, not including me) They've all been playing more console games over the years (Really are fun, go try Halo: Reach and Legend of Zelda) but once I told them about Cata they all quickly got on their computers and looked it up, now all but 1 is coming back, and that 1 said he would but he's in a tough situation right now and can't.

TLDR: Its bringing old players back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHa

Guild Wars 2? Srs? I've played the first one and if its anything like it it'll just fall into the depths of free mmos, with occasional talk in a chat room or on the streets.

How will Cata not help it? When I was a young lad in 8th grade WoW came out, my friends loved it (I didn't get it until late 9th grade) and as soon as I got it we started old raids and PVP and junk, was a blast. Then BC came and 80% left (10 friends, 8 left, not including me) They've all been playing more console games over the years (Really are fun, go try Halo: Reach and Legend of Zelda) but once I told them about Cata they all quickly got on their computers and looked it up, now all but 1 is coming back, and that 1 said he would but he's in a tough situation right now and can't.

TLDR: Its bringing old players back.
    Can't say if Guild Wars 2 will displace wow but it is a huge upgrade over 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this.