Will this come in 4.1 or cataclysm?

Superior-quality items that require more materials than other recipes in the same skill range provide multiple skill-ups. For example, if a recipe takes three times the reagents, it will give you three skill-ups.

never. never even heard of this. link plox

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly my professions are maxed out on my characters on the PTR otherwise I would check for you.

says cataclysm prof changes. not pre cata. going to be in expansion. also. no i only get 1 skill on ptr profs

The reason I was wondering is I'm currently doing 8 professions, I just finished two and I figure if it comes out in 4.1 I'll wait for the rest but if it comes with Cataclysm I'll just go ahead and level them.

As of yet there's nothing like this in the beta, although it was stated to be planned a long time ago.

Archeology puzzles give 5 skill points. So it's technically already in beta.

Still, this kind of change should be in 4.0 since it's a general game mechanics change. We'll have to wait and see, especially since professions are somewhat broken currently.