fury raiding min/max

Reading this posted on the front page:
    # Titan's Grip no longer reduces your physical damage done by 10% when a 2H Weapon is equipped in one hand.
    # Single-Minded Fury now lets you deal 15% additional damage (down from 20%) and Slam hits with both weapons.

do you think maybe 2h fury will edge out 1h fury now? (at first glance seems so).

No matter what everyone says you all know that endgame raiding guilds trying to kill stuff fast for faster gearing up will expect you to gear/spec the highest dps way not the way you want to play. Just at a glance seems like these changes might swing 2h over 1h weapons.

Your thoughts?

Atm TG is pathetic and SMF people didn't seem to complain about anything on beta, so I guess those changed are justified.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Except if I'm reading that right, using one 2hander and then a 1hander in the OH for rage gen is now going to be a viable option - the damage penalty looks like it will remain if you continue to use 2x 2handers. Have to let EJ get a hold of this and then like you say people will use the one that comes out on top. Blizzard thinks they have given people a choice but in the end they haven't, people will always use the one that does the highest DPS, even if its only by 50-100.

Although it all seems a bit messed up for warriors at the moment, given that the passive Dual Wield benefit now grants 10% increased damage for dual wielding, then the penalty for TG is thrown on which, for the most part, negates having been given the DW benefit, seems like it would just be easier to remove the TG penalty altogether and then tweak in the Dual wield benefit to SMF should it need it.
    Last edited by Rosham; 2010-09-18 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
    Except if I'm reading that right, using one 2hander and then a 1hander in the OH for rage gen is now going to be a viable option - the damage penalty looks like it will remain if you continue to use 2x 2handers.
    Nah, i don't think so. The current (beta) description of TG is: "Allows you to equip two-handed axes, maces and swords in one hand. While you have a two-handed weapon equipped in one hand, your physical damage done is reduced by 10%"

The penalty gets activated as soon as you equip a second weapon together with a two-hand, be it another two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon.

The next (beta build 12984) says: "Allows you to equip two-handed axes, maces and swords in one hand." Source: http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/46917/

So i don't know where you are getting from that the penalty will remain for two two-handed weapons. oO

I say that because I remember the specific wording of Titan's Grip got changed because people were using 2 hander and 1 1 hander and it avoided the 10% penalty at the time (on the PTR) so they added the wording of 'in one hand' to make sure the penalty applied to this set up as well, which is why it appears to me on first reading that it would still apply to 2x 2handers, but perhaps that won't be the case either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
    ... which is why it appears to me on first reading that it would still apply to 2x 2handers, but perhaps that won't be the case either.
    You do realize that the patch notes are written by Boubouille, and not Blizzard, right? He is just comparing the old talent (which says there IS a penalty) to the new talent, which does not mention any penalty at all.

EDIT: Just logged into Beta, the penalty is removed completely.
    Last edited by Butch; 2010-09-19 at 01:43 PM.