Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New build spells talents...

Affliction
    Life Tap now costs 15% of your total health, down from 20%. Converts 120% of that into mana, up from 75%.
    Soul Harvest now regenerates 15% of your health every 3 sec for 9 sec, up from 5%.
    Demonic Knowledge is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks.
    Create Healthstone now restores health equal to 45% of the creator's base health, down from 60%.
    Death's Embrace now heals you for an additional 1% of your health while at or below 25% health. (Old - Increased the amount drained by 10/20/30%)
    Siphon Life now has a chance to heal for 2% of your total health, up from 1%.

Demonology
    Mana Feed now causes you to instantly gain 2/4% total mana. (Up from 1%) Your summoned demon now gains 30/60% of the mana from Drain Mana and Life Tap, down from 60/120%.

Destruction
    Soul Fire now has a 4 sec cast time, down from 6 sec.
    Conflagrate now deals fire damage equal to 100% of your Immolate's periodic damage on the target. Range changed to 40 yards, up from 30 yards.
    Empowered Imp no longer increases the damage done by your Imp by 10/20%.
    Nether Protection now lasts 12 sec, up from 8 sec.
    Soul Leech now instantly restores 5/10% of your total health and mana, up from 1/2%. Replenishment effect now grants 1% mana per 10 sec, down from 1% per 5 sec.

There is a spell ot talent i cant find....It is Demonic Knowledge... it is mentiond as affi talent...does anyone now aout it somthing?

10+ Year Old Account
    everyone makes mistakes my guess is that was one (hallelujah to the changes btw)

Quote Originally Posted by gfodee View Post
    Affliction
    Life Tap now costs 15% of your total health, down from 20%. Converts 120% of that into mana, up from 75%.
    Soul Harvest now regenerates 15% of your health every 3 sec for 9 sec, up from 5%.
    Demonic Knowledge is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks.
    Create Healthstone now restores health equal to 45% of the creator's base health, down from 60%.
    Death's Embrace now heals you for an additional 1% of your health while at or below 25% health. (Old - Increased the amount drained by 10/20/30%)
    Siphon Life now has a chance to heal for 2% of your total health, up from 1%.

Demonology
    Mana Feed now causes you to instantly gain 2/4% total mana. (Up from 1%) Your summoned demon now gains 30/60% of the mana from Drain Mana and Life Tap, down from 60/120%.

Destruction
    Soul Fire now has a 4 sec cast time, down from 6 sec.
    Conflagrate now deals fire damage equal to 100% of your Immolate's periodic damage on the target. Range changed to 40 yards, up from 30 yards.
    Empowered Imp no longer increases the damage done by your Imp by 10/20%.
    Nether Protection now lasts 12 sec, up from 8 sec.
    Soul Leech now instantly restores 5/10% of your total health and mana, up from 1/2%. Replenishment effect now grants 1% mana per 10 sec, down from 1% per 5 sec.

There is a spell ot talent i cant find....It is Demonic Knowledge... it is mentiond as affi talent...does anyone now aout it somthing?
    alot of warlocks wanted Life tap back to atlest 10% of hp but meh

Soul Harvest change to 15% is nice

HS change is bad (another self healing nerf )

Deaths Embrace change is just LOL

Siphon life 2% (on beta forums i said in warlock thread to boost it to 2% and bring back 100% chance but i guess GC is just being cruel)

Mana Feed great change

Destro changes are great , Empowered Imp needs to go back to 12% and Nether Protection needs to atleast 15 sec or Nether Ward cd reduced to make it a viable defense tool vs casters and not "press every 30 seconds for little damage mitigation while there is 30k damage running around " button
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    im very happy with the soul leech change

i was the same when i saw the changes :s where the hell is demonic knowlage in the trees, i mena i got it on ptr but i dont know how i got it :S and this is in demo spec btw not affi

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana Feed needs taking out of reach of Destruction. With that and Soul Leech, Destruction is never going to need to Life Tap, which means Warlocks are going to be pushed into it by emo healers.

Deleted
    LOL @ Siphon Life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mana Feed needs taking out of reach of Destruction. With that and Soul Leech, Destruction is never going to need to Life Tap, which means Warlocks are going to be pushed into it by emo healers.
    im fine with never having to push lifetap again theres not much els to spend the points on anyways

Siphon Life is still a joke, and if anything its self healing will now be surpassed by destruction.
    The Life Tap change is a step in the right direction, so looks like our so-called QQ was justified.
    Making an execute easier to pull off, when we are already easily interrupted in our attempts to get out of it.
    Seems blizzard are intent on killing off affliction.

Larger healthpools to move away from burst as an easy win.
    Hardly, when they are intent on nerfing to hell the only warlock spec not based around burst.

Siphon Life is still pathetic.

And Shadow freaking Embrace is still there. Haven't they gotten the words on every warlock in the dd and beta forums? Shadow Embrace needs to go.

Deleted
    I like the fact that since Life tap no longer grants SP, the soul leach buff has removed the need to waste a GC to regen mana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    I like the fact that since Life tap no longer grants SP, the soul leach buff has removed the need to waste a GC to regen mana
    In doing so, that had killed off Affliction and Demonology. How is that good exactly? We were envied as the only three spec DPS class in Wrath, how is making us a one tree class a step in a good direction?

At a pinch Aff can heal from Haunts, but where does that leave Demo?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-09-18 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    In doing so, that had killed off Affliction and Demonology. How is that good exactly? We were envied as the only three spec DPS class in Wrath, how is making us a one tree class a step in a good direction?

At a pinch Aff can heal from Haunts, but where does that leave Demo?
    Isn't hunter and mage also pure DPS classes?

Anyways..SL change is still a little too little. it's still effectivly 1% heal per corr tick, it needs to be 100% chance really.

Destro seems to be able to self heal very very easily without having to ever lifetap, an with no glyph for a bonus for tapping...what's the point?

Deleted
    Soul Leech is OP again. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Isn't hunter and mage also pure DPS classes?
    In terms of viability; they're one tree classes. Rogues have 2.

I am still not using life tap as destro. (fights like prof hc 25). With these changes destro locks will finish fights with like %90 mana...

Deleted
    Soul fire cast time with the talent in 2nd tier of destro tree is 3 seconds. That's not much longer than shadowbolt's. I wonder if it would be higher dps to just spam SF instead of SB.

lol seriously? GC said they were gonna buff Siphon Life, and they increased the heal from 1% to 2% of ur total hp? Its still has a 50% chance witch is just ridiculous. Why cant they just make it 100% for a 1% heal? rng is bad. And its still not even worth taking this talent, 0.5% of total hp heal per talent point is VERY weak. but nvm we're forced to take it since we have too few talents in the trees. no choices.

I'm happy about the conflagrate change, but you do realize that without a dot from conflagrate, it results in a nerf to destro & dark intent.

yeah now destro and demo gets all the love... conflagrate back at 100% (it wasnt even 100% pre nerf) and soul leech back at 10%. destro locks will be able to outlast healers like only aff locks used to. affliction is beyond fucked up i have no words...