Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Embarassing topic really... Also in Cata we will have to "explore" 5mans 1st or whatever but with flying in the old world available to us since level 60 I fail to see how the exploring will take more than few minutes for every instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snekilito View Post
    Yeah, and why not remove mounts too while were at it! It fixes lazyness because ppl have to walk all the way to the raid!

No, srsly. Thats the most ridiculous idea ive ever head, thanks for the laugh!
    Haha mate, that made me crack up. I loved it when we had to run around untill lvl 40, to get a 60% mount, man i felt like a hardcore player.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So by your definition... Inconvenient and time consuming = hardcore?
    Thats what im going along with from each time i hear some hardcore player talking how vanilla was cool

I think that meeting stones should be moved to the graveyards, at least people would know where to go from there to get in to the instance.
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about anyone else, but I wept tears of joy when all the summoning changes were made over the years to cut down the horrible horrible travelling time. Difficulty does not equal time consuming boring crap like travelling to a damn instance.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    I cannot believe this thread comes from a Shaman - Hearth + Astral Recall - hello, lazy porting :P

OP: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..... just... no....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    -Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    This is my main gripe, mostly because all your other points are beyond lol. The "looking up strategies" thing is bullshit since any competent raider would've already done so and any "bad" wouldn't even know how to click the google search button.
    Also, "exploring the world"? At least for me, I never enjoy exploring the world when I'm being forced to explore the world.
    I also just realized, "exploring the world" and "alt tabbing to look up strategies" was in the same point. Either one stops the other from happening unless you multiscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    it's not. but.. you are one of the problems the OP has in target. please tell me, who in your raid has the inconvenient and time consuming duty to fly to the port stone or instance, to port your lazy ass with meeting stones and warlock portals?! the "problem" are always the people who rely on others to get the job done.

edit:

you see?!
    Inconvenient? Time-consuming? You complain about 2 people having to do something inconvenient and timeconsuming and fix it by making 5/10/25 (and possibly more due to leavers/character switches etc) have to do something inconvenient and time-consuming? What if I was in STV, HS'd and went to Netherstorm to get my Arca key then suddenly got invited by a friend to ICC and they couldn't summon me(Yes, this actually happened. Yesterday, in fact.). Should the ENTIRE RAID be punished because I wanted to get my Outland Dungeonmaster?

I also find your assumptions about what Teo does or does not do very lolfail.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2010-09-18 at 12:54 PM.

how about "no". if you want to make the game more difficult for yourself, then you can fly to the encounters. i have been playing to vanilla, and meeting stones are a very welcomed change as far as myself and a hell of a lot of people are concerned.

I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

-Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    they won't do that... why??? because the whole world loves convenience... even you do... why don't we translate it for real life for a second???

if you want to be hardcore, get rid of your cellphone... if you have to go to a friend's house to tell him something, this will fix your lazyness...

get rid of your car as well for the same reason... walking is hardcore... running is even more...

get rid of your refrigerator as well... hardcore people should eat right after buying... because this way they'll have to go to the supermarket everytime they are hungry...

thinking well about it, don't buy your food at all... hunt it... real hardcore people hunt their own food... with no knives or weapons... just their teeth and arm strenght... if you don't know any nearby forest to hunt in, you should try the sewers... you'll find lot's of sickly rats in there...

so??? isn't your model of hardcoreness fun??? I think not...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing the Meeting stones is just plain dumb.
    I mean, they are there to get you from point A to Point B.
    -They are there to Save Time!-

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    walking is hardcore... running is even more...
    whaa...???? I am a poet and I didn't know... astounding X3
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Deleted
    So many sad responses in this thread. There's no arguing, the LFD-tool and summons/hearths everywhere does take the world out of World of Warcraft, it does ruin the atmosphere. It has nothing to do with being hardcore and whatnot.

Blizzard are basically fixing this in Cataclysm by forcing people to visit the dungeon entrance before they're able to ise the LFD-tool to get to it.

There is already something implemented in game to fix lazy people. /boot

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore
    I stopped reading here. I mean, really, hardcore? Thats like saying "We should remove flying mounts because we should travel by ground mount like Vanilla because THAT is hardcore." A stupid analogy for a stupid statement, Sorry.

I agree, people are lazy as hell and the fact they don't leave major cities and can be summoned everywhere is completely ridiculous but thats why Blizzard made it so you have to travel to the dungeon entrance before being able to use dungeon finder, which is good. But, removing a way to make raids go faster is not hardcore, its being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    We all know, flying all the way from Darnassus to Blackrock Mountain makes you more hardcore and pro than the dirty casual scrub who flies from Ironforge.
    I lol'd.
    Last edited by Rizzix; 2010-09-18 at 01:14 PM.

If you wanna be hardcore feel free to run or walk to a raid. But to expect everyone to want to do the same thing is just laughable. I don't find that to be more hardcore so I'll gladly be summoned or summon others. I hope you then believe mounts and flight points should be removed? They are far too convienient arent they?

in pre-bc the spell existed, but players were forced to make their own way there, unless they were late (and not replaced). Guild members were told that they would not be summoned, as it took a long time to summon 30-40 people to a raid. If you didn't make your own way there, someone else was invited (then most likely summoned, if they weren't at the instance entrance just waiting for an invite), and you got to sit out for a week. Oh well... next time you'll be there on time and ready

In pre-bc I was the GM of a guild, and our rule was that you had to be at the instance entrance to even get the invite. Unless we saw the player in the proper zone at invite time, there was not an invite until the end (to fill the last spots)... however, those players most of the time were still required to make their own there

The differences up until today are (not including cata changes):
    1 - guilds mean nothing, so you don't care how the raid leader / guild master feels.. if he doesn't like it, you'll gquit and PUG the same content.
    2 - raids are a lot less smaller (10 or 25)
    3 - warlock summoning / summoning stones requires less people to use, therefore you can have more groups of people summoning (summon like 5 ppl at a time if everyone is helping), so it's extremely fast

edit: i posted before i was done? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    by his own logic they should also remove moonwells. Doesnt the ley lines play a factor in the moonwells?

I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

There is nothing hardcore about running. Sorry some people have to do things before a raid starts. You're sufficient lore reasons are just no, as it wouldn't be possible.

better remove LFD and all general/trade/LFG chat so people have to walk around home cities to find players. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

im just saying meating stones were the best parts on PVP servers....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    better remove LFD and all general/trade/LFG chat so people have to walk around home cities to find players. >.>
    lol