WotLK Bear Expertise & Parry-haste

I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answer to in the FAQ, and all I found on tankspot was a 1 year old thread.

1. Can melee dps trigger a boss' parry-haste, if they're in front of it, potentially ramping up the hits that a tank will take?

2. In the current version of the game (3.3.5), is it still advisable for a bear tank to hard cap expertise rating, so as to negate the chance of parry-haste?

3. Are the people who tell me I should drop expertise rating for stam stacking complete and total idiots?

For me, I gem and enchant to keep a min of 263 hit, and as close to 378 expertise rating as possible (currently at 57 expertise and will be dropping 10 expertise on some gem). After that, I gem for agi and stam fairly equally. Since I ramped up my expertise, I found that healers didn't hate me on Festergut. I figure that since bears can't parry, then we still need to worry about the parry-haste, even with the 30% ICC buff. Am I correct in this?

Deleted
    Barely any bosses in ICC have parry haste, so i advise to spend the enchants or gems you have been using or planning to use on armor penetration or stamina to increase your threat or survivability

you need 9% spell hit chance for growl with glyph. after that i'd stack Armor as much as you can and then go Stamina till about 70 /75 k health (really easy with the 30% buff) then i'd stack agility after that. Expertise is nice and i'd go for it on gear over haste, Crit, ArP or AP. but agility gives threat armor dodge and crit so is nice all round. I would never stack Arp as i'm fine with threat without it making it a waste.

With Ikfirus chest, crafted boots, and tier legs, you have enough expertise for most bosses in ICC. Only Sindy another(can't recall which) boss have parry-haste, so for Sindy i swap to heroic Oxheart to attain cap(otherwise using Distant Land). Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think Halion does parry-haste as well.

As for your gems, the icc debuff made it so we prefer pure stam over dodge/stam. Although i do still use 2-3 agi/stam to increase my armor.
    Last edited by Rédempteur; 2010-09-18 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    1. Can melee dps trigger a boss' parry-haste, if they're in front of it, potentially ramping up the hits that a tank will take?
    Every parried attack can trigger parry-haste (if the mob is capable of it). It doesn't matter if it is caused by the attacks of the tank or a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I figure that since bears can't parry, then we still need to worry about the parry-haste, even with the 30% ICC buff. Am I correct in this?
    Maybe I am forgetting something but I don't really see the connection between a bears unability to parry and parry-haste on a mob. If anything it is less of a problem for a bear because of this. Since all other tank classes can parry they can get more attacks from their own parry-haste and thus increase the risk of triggering parry-hasted attacks from the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by papey View Post
    you need 9% spell hit chance for growl with glyph.
    Which I you will have when you reach the melee hit cap due to spell hit scaling faster than melee hit.

All bosses were parry haste would be a serious problem have it disabled, so it's pretty much a non issue.

Kind of makes me sad how few bosses parry-haste anymore, I honestly thought it was an interesting mechanic since DPSers had to pay more attention to their location. Nowadays, it's "oops, I was too close to the front of the boss, oh well, just a little DPS loss" instead of "oops, I just gibbed the tank because I was standing too close to the front of the boss and parried him"

However, to the OP, nowadays we haven't had to worry much about parry-haste since it's disabled on so many bosses. Expertise has basically been reduced to a threat stat (and a very good threat stat, mind you). If there is a boss that still has parry-haste enabled, DPSers can invoke parry-hastes on you as the tank. Beyond this, expertise is really good for threat before soft cap, since you're negating dodges and parries at the same time... after this point, expertise is still fairly strong for threat. Nothing's more annoying than getting chain parries and having a Lacerate stack fall because of it or those high-threat moves going to waste.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Halion still has a mean parry haste. ;( But with ikfirus, crafted boots, seal of many mouths and exp food, you'll get to the cap so that makes it a non-issue