Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    What about mount collectors? Makes the mounts on Alliance side a lot less.
    Just no, no, NO...and no. Stop with this Ally QQ business, with Goblins getting an epic and non-epic mount and Worgen getting Runnin Wild, faction mount totals will finally be balanced.

I'll be very sad if worgen don't get a mount. A plains running ability is kinda cool, but I much rather get a mutant pig mount.
    404's retarded cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterend09 View Post
    I jizzed in my pants over 9000 times
    ^^^taken way out of context for teh lulz^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praier View Post
    Just no, no, NO...and no. Stop with this Ally QQ business, with Goblins getting an epic and non-epic mount and Worgen getting Runnin Wild, faction mount totals will finally be balanced.
    as far as i know right now factions mounts are balanced 11 horde 11 alliance, they were unbalanced whit the old mounts but not anymore.

2 mounts difference (if it stays as in beta)is not that much but is a shame horde would get 2 new mounts and alliance get nothing, i know life is not fair.

oh noes horde might have more mounts then alliance for a bit, its not like it was the reverse of that for most the game... o wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post
    You must be weird to trade THIS for that shit. Look at how Worgen in Silverpine(pre-cata) run, thats what we`re getting.

dam that looked awesome

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it guys, this is a RACIAL for fun, they'll probably give 'em a MOUNT later. Also, since this is a racial, I doubt other races could train it. Although a female draenei on all fours... Yum.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tobimarsh View Post
    oh noes horde might have more mounts then alliance for a bit, its not like it was the reverse of that for most the game... o wait
    Lol cut the crap, it's balanced now and HAS been for ages. Also, because it was imbalanced before it doesn't mean it should be the other way around, glad you don't make video games cause you don't know how stuff works.

EDIT: No, really. What's up with @$*%s saying "Durr it was imbalance b4 so it haz 2 be de other wayy around lololol" just stop it, it SHOULD be balanced and WILL be. This is a RACIAL for fun, but still the troll Horde fanboys (Yea, ignoring logic and acting stupid when defending a faction is a fanboy) like the guys a few posts above me make me mad, it should be balanced, and also, the "Imbalance" of mounts, required that Alliance grinded for weeks to get it, Horde need an easy chain, yet no one complains so shut it.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-09-18 at 06:08 PM.

I would never play a worgen on live, but if they make plainsrunning the worgen mount, so to speak, I will definitely roll one.

So out of all of these pages of posts, no one realizes that Worgen have TWO FORMS????

Pretend you are making a Human that has more class combos and transforms in combat and it makes a lot more sense.

Now think about it? Human form can ride any mount you want to obtain (thus leaving the achievements and fairness in tact) while the Worgan form could maintain their appearance and just jump to all fours. They could even release a racial Worgan mount for you to obtain at level 20 that you can ride while in human form.

So anyone who said balance or fairness won't allow this to work is not really seeing the big picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    They've already got a placeholder for the beta - Worgen can get nelf mounts without the rep requirement.

They wouldn't spend valuable time and effort this close to the release on another placeholder just 'because'. All their programmers and designers will be spending all their time fixing bugs and finishing off the final content for the expansion.

Either this is for a quest, or it's a racial in addition to a mount (which is unlikely as it's available at lvl 20 - when you get a mount anyway) or it's what they're currently planning on having as the worgen 'mount'.

Remember that things change - Deathwing for example bursting out of the Maelstrom instead of making a big hole north of Stormwind for example. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to drop the pig-mount for Worgen, which doesn't really have much basis with the worgen race anyway.
    It isn't the worgen mount, due for two main facts.

1.) The mount collectors would call it unfair(Trust me they will)
    2.) Did Tauren tell us anything?
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post

1.) Blizzard can make it not count as a mount. It stays in your spellbook, instead of your mounts tab. It just has identical effects to a mount.
    2.) This IS NOT Plainstriding. The mechanic behind it is entirely different.
    Last edited by AverageJoe42; 2010-09-18 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post

1.)currently (excluding beta) allys have more mounts available to them than the horde.
    2.)this is compleatly different to plainsrunning

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Damn it guys, this is a RACIAL for fun, they'll probably give 'em a MOUNT later. Also, since this is a racial, I doubt other races could train it. Although a female draenei on all fours... Yum.

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 01:06 PM ----------

Lol cut the crap, it's balanced now and HAS been for ages. Also, because it was imbalanced before it doesn't mean it should be the other way around, glad you don't make video games cause you don't know how stuff works.

EDIT: No, really. What's up with @$*%s saying "Durr it was imbalance b4 so it haz 2 be de other wayy around lololol" just stop it, it SHOULD be balanced and WILL be. This is a RACIAL for fun, but still the troll Horde fanboys (Yea, ignoring logic and acting stupid when defending a faction is a fanboy) like the guys a few posts above me make me mad, it should be balanced, and also, the "Imbalance" of mounts, required that Alliance grinded for weeks to get it, Horde need an easy chain, yet no one complains so shut it.
    I actually really like the idea of it, it is something other then just throwing a saddle on an animal. I am just saying that people don't need to explode over there being a few mount difference. It's also beta, and if they don't give worgen mounts they probably will give other alliance races an additional mount to make it even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    1.)currently (excluding beta) allys have more mounts available to them than the horde.
    2.)this is compleatly different to plainsrunning
    if you are using Wowhead you know it counts mounts not longer obtainable right ?? and you know if you take out the ones you cant obtain any more, both factions have the same number of mounts available at live right ? i really hope

Allow me to pose a theory that may not have yet been considered:

First, imagine if you will, that as we were informed worgen in human form will transform into worgen form when entering combat. I am not sure if that is still the case but let us assume it is for this scenario. It is possible to get into combat while mounted. While mounted as human and trying and getting in combat may complicate things with the transformation. For instance, you may dismount or cause a graphical bug which would need to be resolved with every mount. I am not sure that is what happens currently in beta but I would wager a guess that is what it is about. Until such a time as that little inconsistency is resolved, if there is one, I am quite certain that this new spell is the best course of action. Beta is, after all, beta. Expect that this will be changed and replaced with a real mount by launch like taurens.

Female worgen and worgen mounts were merely a setback... in the mountains... way to not be prepared bliz. (Too soon [Executus]?)

Honestly, I wasn't too thrilled with the manbearpig mount concept that was shown at Blizzcon 09. It looks cool, but it also looks like a genetic reject that was ressurected purely for the purposes of looking crazy. That thing looks more like something we'd see in Outland or a Burning Legion planet.

As far as mount collector's go....how many mounts are there in the game? How many can you use at a time? How many are you actually going to use once you have Old Weather Flying? Yeah. Thought so. It won't kill the Alliance to have a few less mounts than the Horde (note I play Alliance exclusively). Its what, 2 mounts as of this build. Such an advantage >.>

As long as the animation is actually your character, armor and all running, i'm okay with this. If it ends up you looking like the feral worgen (i.e loincloth) and running...no. Just no.

It isnt god damn plainsrunning. I've posted this in like 5 threads in the past 10 minutes just to get it through your thick skull. Plainsrunning required you to run for 10 seconds before you got a speed increase, and if you got hit or stopped moving it was over. If you read the tool tip it doesn't say ANYTHING to that effect
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story