Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    It might mean they will release more 5 mans tuned for each raid tier, á la MgT, ToC or the Icecrown 5-mans.
    That's what I'm wondering too.

With TBC they only released 1 additional 5 man instance at the very end of the expansion.
    With WotLK they released 4 additional 5 mans with the last two major patches of the expansion.
    Maybe with Cata they're planning on releasing additional 5 man instances with each major patch that's linked to the major raid?

Deleted
    When you counted 8, did you count DM and Shadowfang, heroics, being end-game content now it should count as a new Dungeon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get dungeons patched in along with raids a la ICC and ToC 5-mans (lets just hope none of them are as bad as ToC...). Hell, I wouldn't mind a mini patch half way through the expansion that's just a set of 3-5 new dungeons. In fact, that would be cool for the end of the expansion even if we end up with the Deathwing raid for a year before Expansion #4...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get dungeons patched in along with raids a la ICC and ToC 5-mans (lets just hope none of them are as bad as ToC...). Hell, I wouldn't mind a mini patch half way through the expansion that's just a set of 3-5 new dungeons. In fact, that would be cool for the end of the expansion even if we end up with the Deathwing raid for a year before Expansion #4...
    Something like this would be awesome indeed. Fresh dungeons are always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Quality is the need of CC, the need of players to have brains, challenging packs, somewhat challenging bosses with abilities that actually could kill you. Dungeons that actually is a training ground before raids, as they are intended to be. Something in that line

We could have 20 new dungeons at release, but if they were a AoE faceroll, we would still get bored pretty fast. This is where the term Quality of Quantity fits.
    This is so true. I don't want to say its just the difficulty or effort in the WotLK dungeons (i.e. none at all), but thats a major part of why they felt so much like grinds. I mean 4/5 people spam ae for 99% of the place, and sometimes the healer does too. You also in most cases don't need to watch out for things. So the result is no matter what instance you get for a random, you will spam the same stuff all the time.

I mean whats the point of having 11 different dungeons when most of the group can completely ignore the vast majority of boss mechanics and kill all the trash with just endless ae spam.

Also the WotLK dungeons are way too short (though making some longer ones would have been a massive mistake due to the system heavily favoring speedy clears to get more rewards). I would rather have longer, more epic feeling (vanilla BRD) dungeons that just give larger rewards as the clear bonus. Maybe not BRD long, but the avg clear time should be a lot longer than it is now. I don't have the beta, but perhaps the reason for only 8 "new" dungeons is that each one is on average larger.

it does seem just a bit on the low side but if there are well tuned and fun AND challenging its all good.

also considering how blizzard having been adding a lot more 5mans with raids lately i wouldn't be surprised if we got at least 1 more 5man every patch if not more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Correction;

Heroic Dungeons are the instances you run before you raid. You gather gear and experience there before the raiding. Normals ---> Heroics ---> Raids ---> HC Raids.

Atleast thats the way it should be.
    This is the way it should be. I also really hope that they gate the raids so that even guilds like Paragon who don't eat, sleep or have beating hearts (they are all half-bionic zombies from 2045) will be forced to take it down a notch and not half kill themselves in a zerg to try and get a world first kill on each of the end-raid bosses within the first three days of release.

Eight dungeons is plenty. Plus, we get heroic Deadmines and SFK, which is just awesome!
    For the Alliance!

8 dungeons instead of 11 but more bosses per dungeon and the dungeons are a lot more fun. I am also betting they will release new dungeons with every new raid. Probably more than in wotlk. Just because it works better. They can up the difficulty and the rewards and you have new content for people who don't raid as much every patch. Also nice for lore reasons. Like HoR where you have a scene of the lich king etc.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    That's what I'm wondering too.

With TBC they only released 1 additional 5 man instance at the very end of the expansion.
    With WotLK they released 4 additional 5 mans with the last two major patches of the expansion.
    Maybe with Cata they're planning on releasing additional 5 man instances with each major patch that's linked to the major raid?
    I think that would be a really smart move on blizzards side. Much more fun this way.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2010-09-22 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawwah View Post
    8 dungeons in Cata is more than enough. Especially with the difficulty they have.
    A lot of mobs require cc, and the dungeons themselves can easily (according to Totalhalibut) take up to 1,5 - 2 hours. Ofc this is with icc gear.

Im sure Bliz knows what their doing.
    This will last for only soo long, then once again people will rofl stop heroics, even in cata after obtaining minimal badge gear i was aoe tanking heroics with out a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Well i wouldn't exactly call AN and VH a instance.

I think they have learnt their lesson with WotLK. ICC 5-man dungeons were all very good and I think they discovered that they can get more dungeons in-game in later updates. Even those players who needed nothing from them still liked them.

I think that is a good idea if they are willing to do it

Deleted
    In my opinion there should be more 5mans available straight from the scratch.No matter how hard the heroics will be, its just a matter of time when masses get enough gear and experience to farm them and after that they get old, so old so quickly.Now talk about tbc with 14 5mans available straight from the bat and I guess non will claim the heroics mode were too easy to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovakeke View Post
    In my opinion there should be more 5mans available straight from the scratch.No matter how hard the heroics will be, its just a matter of time when masses get enough gear and experience to farm them and after that they get old, so old so quickly.Now talk about tbc with 14 5mans available straight from the bat and I guess non will claim the heroics mode were too easy to begin with.
    Agreed. Quality and Quantity please.

Deleted
    The average dungeon run of a WotLK heroic takes 20 minutes currently and used to take 40 earlier on. So on average...lets say 30 minutes.

The average dungeon run of a Cataclysm dungeon takes a good 90 minutes at first and might be cut to 45 minutes later in, so on average, lets say an hour.

ERgo, while WotLK has more dungeons, Cataclysm will have more dungeon content and you'll probably spend more time in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have 8 well tought and challenging dungeons than 11 AoE spamfest dungeons.