Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Goodbye vanish bug! and hello CoS bug! ( ? )

EDIT: Video by Woundmanlol ( So not mine! )
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2010-09-18 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    I do not play a rogue, please explain the bug!

.... pretty sure its because ur casting cloak when the cast has already been released, not because the mage is jumping before he casts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    .... pretty sure its because ur casting cloak when the cast has already been released, not because the mage is jumping before he casts.
    Cloak should resist 100% ( yes from 4.0.1 on it does )

This probably also means that if you have CoS on, somebody casts Frostbolt on you and CoS wears off while Frostbolt is mid-air, the Frostbolt would still be resisted. As Boblet said, that's how Spell Reflect works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Cloak should resist 100% ( yes from 4.0.1 on it does )
    And again, the "bug" occours because cloak is cast after the "will this spell hit or miss" check have been made (read: spell has already been cast)

This is what's so annoying with rogues saying that vanish "bugs", They QQd so hard blizzard actually made it possible to dodge spells while they're in travel time and even worse, they made it possible to dodge instant spells this way. I find it stupid, rogues do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    This.

You cannot negate a spell that is already in the air with cloak / deterrence and such as the calculation is made when the spell leaves the casters hands, not when the animation visibly strikes you.

If you cast cloak before the spell casts like you would an interrupt then it should work properly.

This shouldn't happen. I Shadowmeld instant Lava Bursts all the time on live.

How does this relate to vanish?
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Deleted
    Just so people know.

The way spells react when cast were change in Cata to fix things like the Vanish bug.
    Spells will not react the same as on live and cata to abilities like this. That is why it is effect CoS.

I am sure because of the spell change the being hit while using it mid air is an oversight.

This is not a bug, even when CloS has 100% spell resist this will happen.

This bug, if it is a but and not an intended change to prevent using ability when spell has already been cast, may be related to the fact that on PTR and Beta there is higher lag than on Live servers, and therefore the spell may have already hit (on the server) you before you cast the ability (in the client computer), making it look like it ignores the spell that was already cast when you pressed the ability.

I always thought (and it looked for me like it was the case) that a defensive ability like CloS or AMS can be used to prevent hit if the spell has not passed 50% of it's distance from caster to target, and if used later, it always failed to prevent this spell.

looks like i'm the only one clever enough to understand.
    Here is what you failed to comprehend:
    _magical effects like bolts hits their targets BEFORE the animation does
    _on the OP video the rogue is so slow he uses cloak WAY too late after the cast but BEFORE the animation hits. If he were to be good enough (read: not bad a this game) he would not have made a clip showing 10 times his incapacity to desmontrate what he thought was a bug.

years of wow and still can grasp game's mechanics makes me SAD

10+ Year Old Account
    how come ALOT of hes second frostbolts hit to then?

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    probably because he jumps then casts >><<

CoS has been like that for a while in wrath, idk if its lag or what but it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    looks like i'm the only one clever enough to understand.
    Here is what you failed to comprehend:
    _magical effects like bolts hits their targets BEFORE the animation does
    _on the OP video the rogue is so slow he uses cloak WAY too late after the cast but BEFORE the animation hits. If he were to be good enough (read: not bad a this game) he would not have made a clip showing 10 times his incapacity to desmontrate what he thought was a bug.

years of wow and still can grasp game's mechanics makes me SAD
    Don't take the video the wrong way. Woundman is a very skilled player; I think the intent was to show what you said, and was misinterpreted by this viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    That's just RNGsus saying Lol.

[e] : Yea, if you read the text he is typing to the mage, he's just saying 'Testing it out.'
    Last edited by Autumn xD; 2010-09-18 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post

That's just RNGsus saying Lol.
    Was this taken from the beta or the PRT? The video I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Was this taken from the beta or the PRT? The video I mean.
    Seems like its from live.
    The mage is asking questions about the PTR, so that's my guess.