Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by circ View Post
    I was talking about battlegrounds, which will be far more important in terms of pvp than they are currently. Not mindless 3v3 arena. But thanks.
    Still an l2p issue, as a lock (no matter what spec) you should have not problems versus rogues no matter what.
    And yes, cloak should be an immunity. It wouldn't make rogues op, if anything it would take us closer to balanced
    Last edited by K4ge; 2010-09-23 at 11:03 AM.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dion04 View Post
    How does this relate to vanish?
    vanish bug is one of the most annoying things to deal with as a rogue. now that cloak of shadows is suppose to be 100% magic resistant and from the video there will be occassions where this isnt true, vanish bug can take a seat as we will have something frustrating to deal with even tho this isn't really a 'bug'
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Grounding Totem, and Spell Reflect act exactly the same.

You need to pre-cast it before it has any effect.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted
    working as intended because you pop cloak AFTER spell is cast. it has nothing to do with cloak bugs, its an inherited game mechanic in cata (they changed the proc system on in-flight missles to only affect on spellcast, not spellhit)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    And yes, cloak should be an immunity. It wouldn't make rogues op, if anything it would take us closer to balanced
    ^ this

10+ Year Old Account
    bad troll is bad
    chaos bolt always goes through cloak and cloaking anything in flight does NOT, I repeat, does NOT work. Stop talking bull
    I wasn't trying to troll, I was thinking of vanish, my apologies :x.

But anyway, IMO I feel that 100% spell resist wouldn't be op, our cloak is meant to be an oh shit button without having the risk of it failing.

Buts that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Mistgun; 2010-09-24 at 03:45 AM.

Fair enough I guess.

No, it would not make us up. With the current state of arena and 80% castercleave running around shitting on anything and everything it would make our class a lot less frustrating to play

welcome to deterrence

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistgun View Post
    But anyway, IMO I feel that 100% spell resist wouldn't be op, our cloak is meant to be an oh shit button without having the risk of it failing.
    cloack is actually 200% to ignore spell pen
    Live together, die alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    looks like i'm the only one clever enough to understand.
    Here is what you failed to comprehend:
    _magical effects like bolts hits their targets BEFORE the animation does
    _on the OP video the rogue is so slow he uses cloak WAY too late after the cast but BEFORE the animation hits. If he were to be good enough (read: not bad a this game) he would not have made a clip showing 10 times his incapacity to desmontrate what he thought was a bug.

years of wow and still can grasp game's mechanics makes me SAD
    if the frostbolt hits the target before the animation the give-away would be the chilled effect applying before the animated bolt lands. as he's standing still and clos'ed on top of that there's no way to tell if this is the case. so unless you have a way of proving what you just claimed, the old version seems legit, stating that buffs/immunities are calculated at the precise moment the bolt has finished casting, and are not recalculated at the moment of impact.
    sure, i've had chilled effect land on me before the bolt, but that was latency. not to mention that was on live while this is the beta server. if they reshaped vanish they sure can touch every other similar mechanic.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like it's said multiple times alredy in this thread spells calculate their chance to hit instantly after the cast finishes. So when he activates CloS the spell already calculated if it will hit or not.

And for the sake of future ignorant people who come whining that CloS should be totall immunity to spells. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGTH.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=31224
    Apply Aura: Mod Attacker Spell Hit Chance - % (126)
    Value: -200

So there it is. 200% chance for spells to miss. Of course it's beta/PTR but unless there's a change there's no point come cry about it being RNG anymore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

as a lock (no matter what spec) you should have not problems versus rogues no matter what.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

How is he trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    ??? must be bait
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Seriously. Destruction rapes rogues in duels and affliction has more than a fair chance. I think you're just a terrible player.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    how come ALOT of hes second frostbolts hit to then?
    Because he's lucky getting the 10% chance to hit? :S

Still an l2p issue, as a lock (no matter what spec) you should have not problems versus rogues no matter what.
    rofl are you joking ?
    Lock can do shit when rogues is on him.
    Ele shaman can do shit aswell.
    Mage is dead after 3s.

If You are saying that Rogues are weaker then any caster it just means YOU ARE HORRIBLE PLAYER as rogue.

No it means you're a horrible player as a caster.
    He's not kidding, any caster (except an ele shammy for obvious reasons) should not lose to a rogue.
    And if you do it's either a huge gearing problem or you're just bad.
    I'm gonna go with my 2nd option and assume you're bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't forget come cataclysm we can only stun once before diminishing returns kick in so we need more defensive abilities
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Avlli View Post
    rofl are you joking ?
    Lock can do shit when rogues is on him.
    Ele shaman can do shit aswell.
    Mage is dead after 3s.

If You are saying that Rogues are weaker then any caster it just means YOU ARE HORRIBLE PLAYER as rogue.
    So I play the probably most difficult comp at 2500 because I'm terrible...

Just look at places like arenajunkies or ask good arena players, what they think. They will laugh at your idiocy.

I suppose I get the lock and elemental parts (even if they aren't quite true), but mage is the biggest roguecounter there is (apart from healers, but whatever)