Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

No mounts for the Worgen!

"07:00PM CEST - Someone very smart pointed out something very disturbing. Worgens already had Darkflight, a temporary speed spell applying a Mod Speed to the character. So, why did Blizzard add that spell in this build?

Running Wild - Drop to all fours to run as fast as a wild animal.

This spell doesn't apply a mod speed, and applies a "Mounted" aura to the player. It's a racial, and it's apparently a Level 20 spell. It also has a 1.5 sec cast time, like all the mounts spells. I don't want to say it yet, but that would explain why we never saw a model for the Worgen Mount."

WHAT THE HELL!? :O

That's incredibly disappointing! They tried this for the Tauren pre-release if you remember. What happened with the concept art of the Worgen mount? That looked great! Man, if this is true... I'm hardly excited about playing a Worgen. I was looking forward to see how creative Blizzard would be with their mount.

Edit by Sunshine -- adding blue post.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-09-19 at 02:24 AM.

They should now add plainsrunning to tauren and allow every race to get a plainsrunning spell. Then add mounts for worgen
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

As long as the animation is well-made I have no objection. i.e. it better not look like a bear or wolf from wow.

Quick, everyone! Make 50 threads with exactly the same topic!
    *Yawn*

OT:
    They'll probably end up adding Worgen mounts anyways. They have to keep the number of mounts available for each faction the same so nobody has an unfair advantage over anybody else. Just think of it a a bonus, a very awesome bonus.
    Last edited by Thorzon; 2010-09-18 at 10:52 PM.

I've seen THOUSANDS of posts just after Worgen's announcement pleading for worgen to run on all fours. this post surprised me...

Plainsrunning sucked.

You had to run continuously for 10 seconds in order to reach top speed and if you got touched by a leaf blowing in the wind it immediately stopped you.

It was a "neat" idea but it was too unreliable when compared to a traditional mount.

This idea for Worgen is different in that it has a cast time, and (hopefully) you don't get "dismounted" by getting touched, except by abilities that already dismount players (sheep, etc).
    I like it... So far.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    Quick, everyone! Make 10 threads with exactly the same topic!

*Yawn*
    It wouldn't be a video game forum if that didn't happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is plain ass awesome. But kinda unfair when it comes to mount-collectors.
    Since Hordes can get 1 extra mount with the Goblins.

We need something extra for the Alliance!
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait wait... Does this mean Alliance have like 8 mounts less than Horde? Sorry for the mount guy. Aestu, you'll have to faction transfer -.-

Mind you... It's FUCKING AWESOME!! (Yay werewolves!) but they NEED to solve a mount imbalance, it'd be retarded otherwise. Just give good ol' Tauren plainsrunning :P

Deleted
    TBH, This is EXACTLY what I've been saying they should do since Worgen were announced. No mount; run on all fours instead. And to avoid the PLainsrunning hassle, make it like a regular mount so that you have to cast it, and it lasts until an effect that would normally dismount you hits you. So simple and yet so awesome :')

There's no speed specified, so it could be just 30% or 40% like Aspect of the Cheetah or Travel Form, plus it's not available until 20 when a true mount would be available and it has the drawbacks of not being instant or usable in combat, so it might just be a semi-useless, but very fun, racial in addition to a traditional mount for Worgen.

But it's definitely interesting. I was disappointed that Darkflight wasn't four-legged running.

So the buff itself acts like mounts? You gain movement speed, can't cast in combat, removed if dazed, all that stuff?
    If that's the case...
    Hell yeah.

wow this is great.its something very special

Deleted
    lol, there will be Worgen mounts, its just they have move important things to make than them, only reason they did the Goblin one is somem ight say "Blizzard loves horde" i think its coz if you saw the concept art, its alot more complex and there isnt an animal in game like it, with the "trikes" they have the choppers, but take a look at the Concept art, that's what the mount is aimed to be

15+ Year Old Account
    I for one am VERY glad of this. Worgen on mounts always seemed like a dumb idea to me. And the "boar" was just ridiculous looking. Also, it is not at all the same as the old plainsrunning. There is still a cast time the same as a mount, it doesn't just build up over time like the old model. Oh no! There might be a handful fewer mounts on the Alliance side. Boo friggity hoo.

I do hope they work the animations to make it awesome though. If this is real and it looks cool, then it makes me even happier to play my Worgen come Cataclysm.

What happened with the concept art of the Worgen mount? That looked great!
    no it didnt it looked fucking ridiculous

This is nothing like plainstriding. This is just a mount with no graphic. Plainstriding activated randomly and took like 10 seconds to kick in.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    no it didnt it looked fucking ridiculous
    Eye of the beholder.

Think about how awesome it would be to see a pack of worgen coming down to the Mine in AB.
    Epic imo.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

It is very possible that they could be creating a class mount like they have done for Paladins, Warlocks and Druids, instead for the entire race. At a later point, they can still implement the actual Worgen Mount. Just because this spell exists it does not exclude that Worgen mounts will not exist.

For all we know. This could be a spell that you learn from a quest. Like how you learn to trasnform from Human and Worgen.