Spiritual Focus new talent, under budget

As far as i can tell most hybrid spirit classes have a similar talent, yet our seems under budget compared to theirs.

-Druids get Balance of power, 2% dmg increase for nature and arcane spells + 100% spirit as hit - 2 points

-Shamans get Elemental precision, fire, frost, nature 3% dmg increase + 100% spirit as hit - 3pts

-Priest get Twisted Faith, increase shadow dmg by 2% + 100% spirit as hit - 2pts

-Paladin gets Spiritual focus, 100% spirit as hit - 2pts

There it is. either they rushed this talent just to get something into the build, or they just gave us the shaft again.
    So what should we be getting to make this equal across the board, since aparently this is where they are heading, i'm just gonna say... 2% more holy dmg???

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    lol no holy spells hit too soft 2% more damage wont be of much help maybe 2% crit or haste that can also help with healing

10+ Year Old Account
    lol paladins getting the shaft

Haha a healing spec loses on some damage. Classic.

Druids/Shaman/Priests spells have to hit less by default, look at shadow, balance and ele tree bonus where they gain an additional 25% spellpower.
    Your Paladin spells don't have that. So no, it's not under the budget.

I agree it's under budget, but unsure as to what would be best to add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Druids/Shaman/Priests spells have to hit less by default, look at shadow, balance and ele tree bonus where they gain an additional 25% spellpower.
    Your Paladin spells don't have that. So no, it's not under the budget.
    Um...they took away spell hit talents from every caster. The spirit -> hit conversion talents are to solve itemization issues, not to make up for having less talented hit than pure casters.
    Last edited by Sidonis; 2010-09-18 at 05:52 PM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    I agree it's under budget, but unsure as to what would be best to add to it.
    Under budget? You mean like all talents need a certain number of letters in them? If so the holy priest ability chakra is way over budget! I can't see how any talents can be quantified as having a "budget".

But i'll bite. I'll trade you the 2% damage increase from the druid equivilant for the fact your tier 1 talent "divinity" is a global healing increase yet the druid one "blessing of the grove" is specific to rejuv... because that isn't fair to druids, right?
    Last edited by Mondroc; 2010-09-18 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    Under budget? You mean like all talents need a certain number of letters in them? If so the holy priest ability chakra is way over budget! I can't see how any talents can be quantified as having a "budget".

But i'll bite. I'll trade you the 2% damage increase from the druid equivilant for the fact your tier 1 talent "divinity" is a global healing increase yet the druid one "blessing of the grove" is specific to rejuv... because that isn't fair to druids, right?
    Master shapeshifter???

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post

A talent being over or under budget is in relevance to what you get out of it for how many talent points are spent to gain it, and while in some cases are hard to prove, should be fairly obvious when you have 3 other examples of the same talent but this one has only the spirit->hit conversion on it.

If you have a problem with Blessing of the Grove, that's fine, but it's rather irrelevant to the talent in question for this thread, especially when we do have 3 examples from other talent trees that provide the exact same benefit as Spritual Focus + something else.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    A talent being over or under budget is in relevance to what you get out of it for how many talent points are spent to gain it, and while in some cases are hard to prove, should be fairly obvious when you have 3 other examples of the same talent but this one has only the spirit->hit conversion on it.

If you have a problem with Blessing of the Grove, that's fine, but it's rather irrelevant to the talent in question for this thread, especially when we do have 3 examples from other talent trees that provide the exact same benefit as Spritual Focus + something else.
    @ Modroc, like i stated above if you are looking for an equivalent to divinity i suggest look into that little 1 point talent called Master Shapeshifter, sure it has a 2 point prereq, but it does offer much more than the healing boost.

And i never recalled starting a topic on divinity or Blessing of the Grove, you might want to start one though... IN THE DRUID FORUMS

@ Sidonis, exactly, there are other options much more appealing than this talent, and i would be more thanhappy to pickup some +hit neck, ring, cape, etc to make up for this if i stand to gain utility from other talents.