Race changes are a go!

So, these two achievements are very interesting in their wording.

# Realm First! Level 85 Lost Isles Goblin - First goblin on the realm to achieve level 85 who completed the Lost Isles quest chain.
    # Realm First! Level 85 Gilnean Worgen - First worgen on the realm to achieve level 85 who completed the Gilneas quest chain.

Notice the "who completed the Lost Isles/Gilneas quest chain" part. I believe it's safe to assume that we will be able to race change to the new races upon Cataclysm's release based on that. I, for one, am relieved and excited more than ever now.

Female Worgen Shadow Priest incoming

Yeah. Worgen Deathknights and Goblin Deathknights are a go, you mean.

This does not mean that race changing is a go.

its most likely just to keep death knights from winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not 100% safe to assume yet.

It could be to prevent Goblin/Worgen DKs from claiming the realm first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thread on this? it's only to make sure DK don't steal the "first 85" achievement. You wouldn't even do the starting zone if you were class changing.

L2Troll

Another thread on this? it's only to make sure DK don't steal the "first 85" achievement. You wouldn't even do the starting zone if you were class changing.
    Pretty sure the OP knows this. The OP is just assuming that since this element is added it means that they can race change on day one. Race change will come a couple weeks after release. After people have gotten max level Goblin and Worgens from scratch.

Hm, I hadn't considered the DK thing. Perhaps you're right. I am dissapoint. :P

And I really gotta love how no matter what the topic is or what the angle of the discussion turns out to be, someone always pops up calling the OP a troll. God, I love the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    so in other words if you make a goblin or worgen DK you can't get realm first for your race?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Race change will come a couple weeks after release. After people have gotten max level Goblin and Worgens from scratch.
    How do you know this? The only real reason to keep people from switching right off the bat is the stupid realm firsts. This takes care of that... there's no reason to not allow them.