Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Worgen "mount", does it matter?

The worgen mount seems to act exactly like a mount, and seems purely cosmetic. All it is is it makes you the mount. It has a 1.5 second cast, same speed as a mount, etc etc etc. Why is the worgen running wild racial anything like plainsrunning? Plainrunning for tauren wasn't ANYTHING like a mount. It took 10 seconds of running for a tauren to gain mount speed, and if they got hit they lost it. Do you really want to see a wolf riding riding on another animal? If you argue that tauren are animals and they do, worgen are much more like animals. So why not have running wild for worgen?

Becuz...
    Dere similuh

Deleted
    It's a revamped version of plains running, it's improved, that's why it is being referred to as plains running. Whether it matters that much is down to opinion. What stopped you from discussing this in one of the other threads?

Jeez, do you know how many of these threads are out there already?

Prepare yourself for 300+ pages of morons saying

"AMG MOUNTS IMBALANCE WILL RUIN WOW" and

"NO DOOD BLIZZ TOOK THE TIME TO CREATE A WHOLE NEW SPELL AND LIKELY AN ANIMATION THAT GOES WITH IT JUST AS A PLACE HOLDER NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT WORGEN CAN ALREADY GET NELF MOUNTS AS A PLACEHOLDER" and

"THIS IS JUST LIEK PLAINSRUNNING NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL BRO"

Or you could just go to one of the 70 or so other posts that have been made in the past 30 minutes that are already filled with this nonsense.

I will bet my first born child that this is THE Worgen racial mount, unavailable to any other race, and will make it to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post

Yes, I do want to ride THIS thing and not to run on all fours. Dog references inc.
    The majority of players however do not!

Wtb more "Worgen mount" threads pls!

The simplest way to maintain faction mount balance would be to allow the goblin mounts to be alliance-purchasable. They're fugging goblins, they don't care who's paying as long as they get their gold. I'd say revered with the Steemwheedle Cartel should allow you access to some 'black market kart vendor' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahpuch View Post
    The majority of players however do not!

I dislike that mount. I prefer Running Wild. /one person's opinion

are you sure? on other thread ratio is 1:4 likes for this mount
    idk how the hell your coming up with this ratio- but personally running on all fours would be awesome. Racing a human on a tiger vs just getting on your other two legs? Would be so cool. But engaging combat would be cool too.

the fact that this is the worgen mount confuses me if this were to go live wouldn't that mean the horde would have a larger amount of mounts to attain

1:4 like the mount? 1 IN 4? 1 OUT OF 4 likes the concept mount?

So you're questioning is comment yet agreeing with it all the same?

/confused

Who the hell wants a boring, uninspired boar thats been cursed? At least Draenei's Elekks were unique.

I don't like the idea of plainsrunning in any form, because you now have to justify why they can't move like that all the time. Why isn't that their base movement rate? Having someone teach you how to run really fast indefinitely makes absolutely no sense.

Now, if they changed it so you transformed into a total wolf form that had a speed increase, like a pseudo-druidic ability drawing on the origin of the curse - the druids who permanently altered their forms - that'd be cool. I would rather change into a badass worg and run faster than drop onto the ground and lope like an idiot. If they stick with this, I will probably use a different race's mount depending on how horrible the animation looks.

This thread is new and interesting.
    This account is considered as inactive as of 9th feb. 2011. I am now Gorgash from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    I don't like the idea of plainsrunning in any form, because you now have to justify why they can't move like that all the time. Why isn't that their base movement rate? Having someone teach you how to run really fast indefinitely makes absolutely no sense.

Now, if they changed it so you transformed into a total wolf form that had a speed increase, like a pseudo-druidic ability drawing on the origin of the curse - the druids who permanently altered their forms - that'd be cool. I would rather change into a badass worg and run faster than drop onto the ground and lope like an idiot. If they stick with this, I will probably use a different race's mount depending on how horrible the animation looks.
    Its a game. Doesn't matter a whole lot.

Because everyone is using their default race mount...

Not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE this idea and would LOVE to see it go live as long as they make some compensation for the mount loss, and seeing that they added the venomhide ravesaur to make things fair with mounts, theres no doubt in my mind that there will be a compensation.

Deleted
    Makes sense to me. they cant run that speed all the time because they need their arms to swing weapons/hold glowing spell mojo. the 1.5 second cast time is just for balanceing reasons, so it can be used in pvp without all the QQ people have with druid flight form.

mechanically, as long as it functions like a mount, who cares? you dont like the animation, get a different mount, lord knows there aren't enough available as alternatives.

balance wise, I'm all for it but would like my ambassador shaman to be able to get something when she takes the time to grind gilneas rep. my guess is blizz will most likely add it as a racial, meaning it will scale with riding skill and that there will be also a mount available for the insecure who dont want their front paws getting muddy.

Sounds kinda fun, in concept. The only problem is what others have told, the mount imbalance. Alliance would be like 6 mounts short compared to horde.