Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Unless I missed a change, every single druid can brez. So again, there is nothing resto specific (before this build) that says we HAVE to have a resto druid if you are forming a raid. To be honest if they kept the replenishment and made barkskin castable on others to be used as a tank cd or whatever, I would be happy. At least in terms of utility.
    Brez is available to all specs. However unlike MotW it is advantageous to have more than one.

I totally agree with the barkskin. Seems like utility that would totally fit with resto Druid.

A little history on lifebloom. During TBC it was standard to roll lifeblooms on as many tanks as you could then fill any open GCDs with other spells. When WotLK came out this practice despite mana cost rising continued. So when Ulduar came out blizzard implemented the system we have now that makes rolling very expensive. It worked we no longer could roll on multiple tanks. However the spell became so complicated and cumbersome that they desired to revert it back to the old lifebloom and to prevent Druids from once again stacking it on multiple tanks they instigated the 1 target at a time.

Moral of the story it is much better to roll than to slow roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahon View Post
    I totally agree with the barkskin. Seems like utility that would totally fit with resto Druid.
    I agree with the barkskin idea as well. And to avoid it needing to be nerfed you keep it the same strength it is when u cast it on yourself. but if you use it on someone else its at half strength or it doubles the cooldown length when you use it on someone besides yourself.

they would probably feel like it felt like someone other spell to much and just avoid the idea entirely.
    Last edited by Lawlerade; 2010-09-19 at 06:14 PM. Reason: i spell like a hillbilly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Unless I missed a change, every single druid can brez. So again, there is nothing resto specific (before this build) that says we HAVE to have a resto druid if you are forming a raid. To be honest if they kept the replenishment and made barkskin castable on others to be used as a tank cd or whatever, I would be happy. At least in terms of utility.
    That is the whole point in giving multiple classes all buffs. They wouldn't have given Hero/Lust to new people if they didn't care. They are trying to balance around the fact there will be a lot more 10 man guilds.

By the time Wrath launches, there probably wont be any class that has a special spell no one else has.

And from your post before, you will still take resto druids if your choice is a good one. It wont matter what healing class you have now, they will all be as equal as possible. Classes will be better at some things over others, but for example:

You wont be taking a bad pally just bc you need large tank heals. They may still be best at tank healing. But if you know your holy/disc/sham or druid is a better healer in general, you will still take them over that pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Classes will be better at some things over others, but for example:

You wont be taking a bad pally just bc you need large tank heals. They may still be best at tank healing. But if you know your holy/disc/sham or druid is a better healer in general, you will still take them over that pally.
    This is what I'm looking forward to in Cata the most and what I truly hope they can effectively pull off. I want my raidspot because they know I'm good, not that my class/spec is FotM or w/e.

I wonder if they will end up changing it so the life bloom has to actually bloom to trigger replenishment to further discourage rolling blooms.
    Rolling one lifebloom was never the issue, rolling 4-5 of them was. That's what they were trying to address with the increased mana cost and that's what they now fortify with just allowing it on one target.

There are a lot of people undervaluing Replenishment in order to justify not having to have it in 10 mans. With the size of mana pools we can expect in Cataclysm, 200-300 mp5 is about what Replenishment will provide. That's a lot of mp5. That's more mp5 than most mana-trinkets or buffs in Wrath provide. Although it's hard to compare values in Wrath with those in Cata, it is unlikely that this amount of regen will be something healers feel they can do without.

Although I believe Replenishment needs to be provided by more classes, I feel druids aren't an obvious choice for the buff. (I know I'm going to be flamed for saying that, and I'm certain people will take that statement out of context.) Druids are receiving an unnecessary albeit very welcome bonus to utility. But if this is used as an excuse to bring a druid over another healing class to a 10 man raid, there's something wrong with that.

I like being brought to raids because I'm a good player, not because I provide a buff that the raid can't do without.

I don't see a problem here. The old 4.0 revitalize was obviously extremely overpowered, the live one is a castrated replenish and since they castrated the actual replenish for 4.0 it is only a logical conclusion to replace revitalize with replenish. I am more thrilled to see how the new malfurions gift will turn out. Obviously much less powerful then the old 4.0 revitalize but could turn out to be much more interesting to play with.

---------- Post added 2010-09-19 at 11:09 PM ----------

Wow, just took a closer look. As it seems revitalize still regenerates mana, so no nerf there. But malfurions gift is very unconveniently placed as followup to stormfury, which in its new form is even crappier than it was before (well, great for leveling, but that is it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Replishment should be reworded! Grants .5% total mana every 5 seconds for 15 seconds. There, my opiniated post for the day!
    While im missing being able to use Lifebloom to get proact and get all the healers in a 25 man topped off right after a big massive aoe hit, the new Lifebloom is redicously mana efficient. It has the largest benifit from haste due to the 1 sec tick for 10 secs, many chances to crit, and benefits very nicely from mastery. Could someone give the spellpower coefficeint, I think thats pretty good as well. All druids will want to keep lifebloom up on someone, and, As i think its been said before, keeping it up on the MT is pretty nice. If one is raid healing, and cant afford to refresh the LB with a nourish, just toss another Lifebloom, its cheaper. ^.^ good to see that Lifebloom has found some sorta niche

oh, i was distracted. OT, at least im no longer QQing over no replenishment in my raid T.T everyone who can spec for replenishment doesnt, for some strange reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Korvax View Post
    Not a chance. A druid healing tank will never let lifebloom bloom since nourish refreshes lifebloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Research lifebloom more. Rolling lifeblooms is no longer a problem. Mana cost was reduced and it no longer restores mana back from blooming.
    I know the mechanic; I'm wondering if they will change it because of the refresh mechanic so it would actually have to be cast on more than just the tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The refresh mechanic was in when they added it's only on one tank, so that wont be changing. At least for that reason.

If I'm understanding what you're saying.

Outrageous to give replenishment to a healing class. Can you hear the arena QQ already? Oh well, we'll have to see what Cata has in store for Druids' mana-efficiency.

while i'm not basically against Rdruids getting replenishment, i can't get why they're giving it to a healing spec for the first time since BC. (moreover to druids who have innervate as a huge mana regen spell already)

revitalize looked already appealing enough with the regen proc on self but putting replenishment on top of that is a bit... too much so to say.

and i think someone suggested Enh Shammies got it instead, that would look more appropriate to me as a lava lash/stormstrike proc in the same way ret pallies proc it from judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    while i'm not basically against Rdruids getting replenishment, i can't get why they're giving it to a healing spec for the first time since BC. (moreover to druids who have innervate as a huge mana regen spell already)

revitalize looked already appealing enough with the regen proc on self but putting replenishment on top of that is a bit... too much so to say.

and i think someone suggested Enh Shammies got it instead, that would look more appropriate to me as a lava lash/stormstrike proc in the same way ret pallies proc it from judgements.
    innervate is far from huge in the beta. it is basically 10 seconds worth of free casting. you don't come out of it with significantly more mana than what you had when you cast it.

to calculated replen do 0.1875 x by the ammount of int you have and thats the base value of your regen just from it, im pretty sure mana pools will hit around 100k with decent gear in cata so this is a fair chunk of mana regen, at the moment replen is so good you always notice that you dont have it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Restoration Shamans have the ability to get 200% spirit, I can't remember how. I think it was a totem or a talent in their tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    Restoration Shamans have the ability to get 200% spirit, I can't remember how. I think it was a totem or a talent in their tree.
    It's the new mana-tide totem & its a raid-wide buff for only 12 seconds every 5 minutes. Seriously - way to compare apples & oranges. Actually the tooltip currently says still party-wide, but that's probably a typo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    "In addition, you also grant Replenishment when you cast or refresh Lifebloom."

So...does this mean only the tank-healing Resto Druids will bring it? Or will all Resto Druids be keeping stacks of Lifebloom somewhere?

Forgive me if I'm not up to the times with Resto Druidness.
    You will always want to have a lifebloom up as a resto druid in cataclysm regardless of your healing role, since it's your cheapest source of revitalize procs (you can't really spam rejuv unless you want to go oom in 30sec).