Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Wow is very CPU based, and I doubt the graphics card is the bottleneck. When my other computer broke I had to replace the Radeon 9800 with a Radeon HD 3450 and I didn't notice any difference whatsoever in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJay247xX View Post
    p

Lmao, seriously stop it, Its kinda weird that when I was running vista, it was only using 1 gig of ram, and when I upgraded to 7, it is also using only 1 gig, I don't see vista being a memory hog.. and as I pointed out, 7 uses the same kernel as vista, so if vista was a poorly made OS then 7 would be, the people who complain about Vista are the people who use dell systems, with a celeron processor and 512MB of ram.
    When Windows 7 was initially released it was the better overall system in terms of performance. Since then Windows Vista has had patches to fix it's performance issues but there were definitely performance issues related to gaming, which had absolutely nothing to do with the hardware of the system, making Windows 7 the preferred OS.

Of course, you need an i7 minimum to play WoW with max settings.
    Seriously, maybe you need to clean your computer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I said, I don't want to argue any more, plus "Vista was a fine OS for when I had it" that's what I'm trying to prove that its not a memory hog, but whatever I suck at proving stuff as it seems.
    Vista got a bad reputation for initial release and a poor SP1 reception. Vista SP2 and 7 are roughly equivalent. Most people who are seeing improvements going from Vista to 7 are actually seeing an improvement going from a "dirty" installation (clogged registries, broken DLL links, etc) to a clean one. They likely would have seen the same improvement from doing a format and re-install of Vista SP2.

Quote Originally Posted by denegaar View Post
    Of course, you need an i7 minimum to play WoW with max settings.
    Seriously, maybe you need to clean your computer.
    i7, no. That doesn't make an i3 a gaming chip, though.

to all the whiners on this topic ( specially nabjay )

i play wow on i7 950 , 2x radeon hd 5970 ... suck on it losers

Quote Originally Posted by Mantús View Post
    to all the whiners on this topic ( specially nabjay )

i play wow on i7 950 , 2x radeon hd 5970 ... suck on it losers
    i got a better system than that, muahahah
    So take that Nabtús!....
    Last edited by XxJay247xX; 2010-09-18 at 09:27 PM.

I love how this turned into a Vista vs. 7 thread. Shut up. Seriously.

Anyway, my power saving features are cranked all the way down, my temperatures aren't running any higher than 50c-ish, and I still have the same issues even after a reformatting and fresh installs. Overall, the system does run better, but I never had to bother cranking my view distance down on my old AMD Athlon 64 from the prebuilt HP I bought several years ago under an emergency situation. I used an 8800gts graphics card for a while to before the fan stopped working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

i got a better system than that, muahahah
    So take that Nabtús!....
    with 42" LEd and 5.1 system / wii + slim xbox 360 connected ???