Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any patching of any kind

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    yeah, i got that one as well... took like 10 secs... but after that, the other patch (which says 4.0.0) started downloading. I know the little one that looked all cataclysmic, is just launcher and that. But whats the other? 1.74 GB for launcher?

I also noted the FotLK.avi file. My first thought was Fall of the Lich King... guessing its merely the video you see in-game, as a file you can watch like a trailer now?
    Probably art files, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Probably art files, etc.
    1.74 GB art? thats a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    1.74 GB art? thats a lot...
    Well, think about how many textures, models, animations, icons, etc there are in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    frozen at 93% (10.2 / 10.9 MB) for a good 20 minutes now. :/
    Exit the downloader and restart game...should restart it and push it further in. I was stuck at 88%, then at 93%

im stuck @ 93 as well

People stuck at 93%:

Close the downloader and run WoW.exe (NOT the launcher) as admin. Upon logging in the in-game updater will launch and download the patch then prompt you to restart. Works fine after that and this was the only way I was able to complete the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    It also said 'FotLK_...' in the names.
    Fall of the Lich King?
    o______O

If you search for it after patching, the AVI is the Audio for the 'clip' you see when you defeat arthas. I'm betting its a fix for the memory leak that causes many to crash/error out when the cutscene starts.

If you are stuck at 93%, try the following.

1) Open your wow folder and run wow.exe as administrator.
    2) Log in game. In game patching tool (old one) will run and ask to restart game to complete.
    3) The game will restart allowing you to be able to log in and play.

Note : This may cause your ventrilo / ts to not work (ptt fonction), simply run your ventrilo.exe as admin and it all should be fine.

Worked for me and many others. I am running on Win7 64-bit.

The videos were already present in the folder for anyone to watch, just not viewable by most media players.
    They were described as some fictional codec, so most didn't recognise the forrmat, but it just proves to be divx I think (or xvid).
    VLC plays them just fine.
    And yes they are the arthas cinematic just in 2 differing resolutions like all the other cinematics.
    They are in the \Data\enGB\Interface\Cinematics folder, or whichever language client you have.