Logging on/patch problem

Ok so I tried logging on and after putting my password in and going in, i get the moonwell background and it shows a downloader at 0% and then stops and says

"patch required, press the restart button to exit world of warcraft and download the patch"

so i hit restart and then i get sent back to the loggin screen with a message saying

"Failed to apply patch. Please try again later. If problems persist, you may need to reinstall or contact technical support."

so i figure, you DL patches at the Launcher, right? Well my launcher is kinda messed up, its not been working since i started playing again, like 2 weeks ago. it says "can not connect to news server. Please check the network and try again later."

can someone help me?

Please check the network and try again later

try repairing WoW, and if that doesn't work reinstall

Yes, I had a similar problem, it's a simple fix that's a bit of a curveball.

1) Open Internet Explorer EVEN IF YOU USE MOZILLA OR ANOTHER BROWSER!!!
    2) Tools -> Internet Options -> delete your history/files/cookies
    3) Click on the connections tab, bottom of the tab you will see LAN settings make sure these are as follows;

a) Automatically Detect Settings is checked!
    b) Use Automatic configuration Script is UNCHECKED.
    c) Use a proxy Server for your LAN is UNCHECKED!!!!

Once that is done head to your wow folder, right click wow.exe, open as admin and let it do its job

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    try repairing WoW, and if that doesn't work reinstall
    i got a message saying
    "Cannot connect to the server to Download repair information. Please try again later"

---------- Post added 2010-09-18 at 10:19 PM ----------

ok so i did what you said except the last part, I no longer have a wow.exe, or atleast cant find it and I've checked like crazy including the wow folder.