PTR not working for me

Hello, im new to the PTR side of wow and decided to try it out, so i downloaded the client, however when I go to log in it says "Login server down" if I use my pre-Bnet info and if I do use my current Bnet info it says "unable to validate game version"

If someone could help me out it would be greatly apretiated, like i said im a noob to the PTR so I might be missing something vital

The login server/PTR is down a lot. You aren't doing anything wrong, they just bring it down whenever they need to fix something and that happens a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realms where all offline last i checked, which was recently.

Ok thank a lot, are they just down for today or for a week or like an hour from now? also the Pre-Bnet username is what im supposed to use right?

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon113 View Post
    Ok thank a lot, are they just down for today or for a week or like an hour from now? also the Pre-Bnet username is what im supposed to use right?
    No, you should use your bnet account. Everything, even the PTR's, are fully migrated to battlenet now.

Although, if you changed your password recently your ptr account might be a "snapshot" of your acc before the change, so you might have to use your old password. But it should defenitely be updated for your battlenet account by now.