Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Edit: also I think you are confused about what != means (I was too for bit)...he means it to be "not equal" or =/=
    This. First try to understand common symbols like '!=', then try to understand the context they are used in.

10+ Year Old Account
    In our design, the pure dps classes (hunter, mage, warlock and rogue)
    GC refers to these classes as the pures. Everything else is hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Priests have 2 healing specs and 1 damage spec so they are NOT a hybird as the stated guideline by Ghost Crawler.
    Shaman have 2 damage specs and 1 healing spec so they SHOULD NOT be a hybird as stated guideline by Ghost Crawler.
    Warriors have 2 damage specs and 1 tanking spec so they SHOULD NOT be a hybird as stated guideline by ghostcrawler.
    Hybrid = can respec to fulfill a different role (damage, tanking, or healing).
    Can a priest respec to change role from healing to DPS? Yes? Hybrid.
    Can a shaman respec to change role from DPS to healing? Yes? Hybrid.
    Can a warrior respec to change role from DPS to tanking? Yes? Hybrid.

That is exactly what he just said. His rule applies perfectly to that.

Rogues, mages, warlocks, and hunters are not hybrids. They can respec all they want but they will never be heals or tanks. They will always be DPS. They are PURE. Anyone else is a hybrid.

You blatantly ignore what he said and go on a rant that makes no sense. I smell troll.
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2010-09-19 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Whoops, forgot warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    I smell troll.
    Glad I'm not the only one. Fail reading is still a possibility though.

Would removing the hybrid tax get more tanks an healers?
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post

Priests have 2 healing specs and 1 damage spec so they are NOT a hybird as the stated guideline by Ghost Crawler.
    Shaman have 2 damage specs and 1 healing spec so they SHOULD NOT be a hybird as stated guideline by Ghost Crawler.
    Warriors have 2 damage specs and 1 tanking spec so they SHOULD NOT be a hybird as stated guideline by ghostcrawler.
    (double standard much?)
    In our design, having two healing trees (priest) or half a tanking tree (druid) or three dps trees (DK) does not put these classes in different categories of hybridness. A hybrid is a hybrid.

Do you even know how to read?

He's saying that they are hybrids. He's saying that there is no difference between a hybrid with 2 healing specs, and a hybrid with 1 spec for each roll. He's saying they're both equally hybrids.

I don't normally say things this mean, but are you illiterate or just the worst troll ever?
    Last edited by Athael; 2010-09-19 at 01:19 AM.

*gets ready to slap a "succesful troll is succesfull"-picture*

So you managed to find an almost a year old post, understand not a word of what was written in it and manage to misspell Hybrid on every single occasion even though you could simply copy it?
    I'm impressed. Not in a good way, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    *gets ready to slap a "succesful troll is succesfull"-picture*
    Checking his other posts I don't think he's trolling - I think he has just totally failed to comprehend what GC is saying. I guess we can be generous and assume that English isn't his first language.

10+ Year Old Account
    obvious troll is obvious, but still in case I might be wrong and this is not a troll post then... erm... ok... u need to play less wow coz it obiously takes up your school time

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Checking his other posts I don't think he's trolling - I think he has just totally failed to comprehend what GC is saying. I guess we can be generous and assume that English isn't his first language.
    Even previously good posters can sometimes snap and decide to troll. It wouldn't be the first time it happen. I wonder how to read the fact that he's stopped responding. Realized his mistake and hiding from it, or getting bites so letting it ride out? It was pretty clearly explained several times. If he came in and was like "my bad" I'd believe he wasn't a troll. If he comes in and tries to stand by the original post, I'm betting troll.

It's sad that it's so hard to tell these days.

What GC is saying is, that there is no class that is more of a hybrid than another class. So, the Paladin can heal, dps or tank, but that dosent make the paladin more of a hybrid than the warrior because the warrior can fulfill more than one role aswell: tanking and dps. So even though the paladin has three options and the warror 2 they are both hybrids. The Mage, Hunter, Warlock and Rogue on the other hand is pure classes as they have one and only one option: DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't BM pets tank? Don't some pets now heal? Can't you heal your pet?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Wrath of the Lich King his post sounds rather ridiculous - a ret paladin can save a raid by using LOH or spamming some heals until a situation is taken care of and he can go back to doing damage whereas all a warrior can do is do more DPS or throw on a shield and shieldwall/shieldblock/taunt and hope someone is quick enough to get a tank back up in time for your sacrifice to mean something. Hopefully Paladins will not be as "raid utility" oriented and more DPS oriented, which fits in with the changes to them to make them more offensive and less defensive.

On the bright side, at least all other classes except 4 can now be hit more by the "hybrid" tax, so really overall it's inconsequential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    I don't think OP speaks English very well

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

What GC forgot to mention was the 'kind of dps' that comes to the field of PVP as well. On top of that the game isnt only raiding( it is for me when it comes to classes and specs but this doesnt apply to everyone).

-If an enh shaman does equal dps to a rogue with all parameters being equal as well then why would you play a rogue?
    - I would play a rogue cause 1)I dont care or want to be asked to heal, 2) I like pvp better as a rogue
    3) I take into consideration also the utility and I prefer rogue, 4) I prefer rogue playstyle.

What I want to say is that the earth isnt flat. Hybrids claim that: if I hold a dps spot I am expected to justify my position in the raid and Pures say: I should do it better cause you can do others thing as well.

The key to the solution is the playstyle that suits individual players and most of all utility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Can't BM pets tank? Don't some pets now heal? Can't you heal your pet?
    1) no they can't not in a way a real raid's main tank can tank. and not in a way that allows you to tank a heroic instance and therefore to queue for one.
    2) yes they can heal but no they can't do it in a way that they may replace a raid's healer or to queue as a healer for a heroic dungeon.
    3) yes you can, but you can only heal your own damn pet and neither other hunter's pet nor other healers.

to re-re-re-re-re-re-quote (sth like that) ghostcrawler:
    In our design, the pure dps classes (hunter, mage, warlock and rogue)
    that means, that this fucking four classes are the designated and intended fucking pure dps classes and everyone else is a fucking hybrid.

and the fucking use of too much fucking fucking was fucking intended to bring out the fucking meaning of fucking GC.

11:02:20 Nerdrage fucking fades from you.

Either Op is Troll or the Fail is Strong within him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachchairs
    The delay, is probably, mostly due to delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbot
    You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.
    Referring to someone as "fucking retarded" is considered flaming.

Kind of unfair that this only applies to birds. This hybird tax is racist and this is a first step towards the death camps for all moonkins. Say no now before it's to late!