Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im in the beta, and i can validate that picture. That is not a fake.

Fake is definitely the wrong word. That implies that what we are seeing is the elaborate hoax of a 3rd party, or Blizzard put that model into the beta with the intention of starting again from scratch.

Personally I'd say there are definitely some tweaks to be made, but the model in general is about 90% finished. It just needs polished up a bit.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykku View Post
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...910_041708.jpg

They used a texture overlay on a draenei model.
    The ears aren't attached to model, you can obviously tell by the hips that this is indeed a Draenei model. They just removed the tail and blew up the chest. I'm perhaps in denial but currently I assume this is a push by Blizzard to perhaps divert attention that the true female worgen model is indeed unfinished.

Feel free to flame but you heard it first here.
    You are in beata club, why dont you check it out for yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw the new model, it just struck me as a Work In Progress. This is Beta, and Blizzard is showing you all part of the design process. People should learn not to shat bricks all over the place over things like this and those beta players that do shat bricks over stuff that's obviously WIP? Give me your beta key!

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Deleted
    i dont get how the models can be fake. sure they could be placeholders but it isnt like some random site posting these textures. placeholders is my guess

I prefer the fox look as shown above over the current batsh*t crazy look. I would prefer more detailed ears on the female model. The current build seems to be using the series of ears designed along with the males from shortly after their major model change. I think upright ears appear more wolf like in general. Just like the blood elf ears are positionable based on emote or animation, the soften ears should be (for both sexes) ought to be forward and alert normally but when in combat, the ears go back and they snarl. Kindof like real wolves... <,<. As well, use of Draenei model aside, major breast reduction surgery and general weight loss required. Never ever seen or shot a wolf that is fat. Very lean animals.

It's not fake. What it is, is unfinished and/or placeholder.

I agree that the worgen females looked better a few months back, so I'm not sure what the deal is here. This seems like a step backward in some places, with only a slight, SLIGHT improvement to try to make her look more 'feral.'

The ears aren't attached to model, you can obviously tell by the hips that this is indeed a Draenei model. They just removed the tail and blew up the chest. I'm perhaps in denial but currently I assume this is a push by Blizzard to perhaps divert attention that the true female worgen model is indeed unfinished.

First of all, no. You're not the first person who hasn't the slightest clue what they're talking about when they say it's a retextured draenei model.

"You can tell from the hips"? My ass. You can tell from the hips that they're both intended to have the same kind of legs (like satyrs, I forget the actual term for them). The female worgen's knee is actually far lower than the draenei's and the worgen's entire frame is more curled and bent while the draenei mostly stands up straight.

The torsos of the two different races share absolutely nothing in common. It is funny you note the absence of the tail but fail to notice the completely different shape of her hind quarters.

PLEASE actually learn something about 3D modeling before you say stuff like this OP.

Deleted
    It's not a placeholder. It's unfinished is what it is. What's so hard to understand about that?

The old female models were counterparts to the old male models. The males changed and were made more frenzied/scary/snarly whathaveyou, so now they've changed the females to match the males. I think they did a great job and much prefer the new model over the old one.

I love Worgen females, it would be a shame if they screw them up.

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    how can you people expect a wolfman/woman to be OMFG HAWT!
    You really don't want the answer to that

If all you are going to do in this thread is try to label me a pervert then please leave. This is about the speculation on whether or not the currently released model is indeed a placeholder.
    DERP. It's beta. Of course it's subject to change. There's still a fair amount of work to go to improve the model.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    "You can tell from the hips"? My ass.
    Heehee.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is beta, placeholder is a placeholder, work in progress is a work in progress. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with this, it's obviously very unfinished with all the wrong and malformed shapes that current model has along with clipping errors.

I'm sure that in the Making Of- DVD we'll get to hear alot about how the work with the Worgen models were a pain in the Blizzard ass.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2010-09-20 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...910_041708.jpg

Oh man, I just burst out laughing when I looked at the face, the children out the window must think I'm crazy.

You're right though, the leg structure is definitely draenei at least, amongst other similarities.
    "The truth, my goal."

This is obivously a PH.

What kills me is that they are probably going over a tons of itteration on the female worgen because it doesn't look "cute" enough for a female character. but... ITS A DAMN WOLF! I hardly see what is the difference between a male wolf and female wolf in life. I would like to see for once Blizzard not trying to make a female character look so feminine for once.

Just make the female worgen looking nearly like the males, a bit smaller head, no boobs (frikin tired of boobs on beasts rly) and an overall more agile look. But that you could hardly make the difference between a male or female character, it's a worgen curse after all... Not a human girl in a sexy wolf suit.

It is, as many others already have stated, most likely a place holder.
    The hair doesn't have different colors, it doesn't change all that much when you switch between different styles and the facial expressions are still, obviously, a work in progress.

But instead of saying that it looks like a Drenaei female in the model, I'd rather say it more or less looks like Tauren. The Tauren female have a similar patch of hair that doesn't change much while changing styles. But also, since they have the option of FACIAL hair, I'd say it's more or less a copy of the tauren male customization with goblin ears attached. (Yes, I just shrugged by writting that)

Place holder is place holder, and beta is beta. Nothing is final until the product is complete.

So no need to fear! PLACE HOLDER IS THERE!

Edit:
    I only write what I know from the cynical brits video's. Zats all
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted
    I'm 99% sure the new model isn't a placeholder. A placeholder is an already used or old asset that you use in place of the real model. The new worgen female model is not an old or already used asset. Why would they create a new model with the only intention of replacing it? That's retarded. Add to that you can't even play the female Worgen character atm, why would they need a placeholder?

That said, of course it will be tweaked and stuff. But it's by no means a placeholder.

@Ninja Ataris

What people mean about place holder is that it's something we can view before it's actually officially in the game.
    The current form of the Worgen female is a place holder, a preview of what we might expect to see.
    Until it's the final model, it is, for most people atleast, a place holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted
    Huh, where the hell have I been then? Nice increase post count contribution. I didn't make this thread because this is OMG FINAL, I'm sharing my thoughts and ideas on a forum like it was intended.
    Work harder down there with the trolling!

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 06:39 PM ----------

If all you are going to do in this thread is try to label me a pervert then please leave. This is about the speculation on whether or not the currently released model is indeed a placeholder.
    But it´s so easy...