Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

PTR Patch Notes Lie!

In the PTR Patch notes, it was said that we would be able to test the first section of the Goblin and Worgen starting areas. Well, we I can't because the race is grayed out, and says it requires Cata. Anyone know what I need to do?

-Patrickstarr

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you be able to test beta content on the PTR? Are you sure you didnt read beta build changes or something?
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Pretty sure because it uses the beta patch notes and well, PTR isn't beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    It completely didn't..

This PTR is all about the Talent Changes & Balancing Issues
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

Shockingly you'll need to have the Cataclysm beta to test Cataclysm features.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    The build being pushed to the public test realms is the same build pushed today to the beta test realms. The only difference is that the Cataclysm content is inaccessible on the 4.0.1 PTRs, so disregard any notes specific to Cataclysm found from that link.

Deleted
    You need to get into the beta.

Before Cata comes out, we'll get a patch that contains all the important stuff, but without the cata features. That is what you are testing on the PTR, and what you're testing is what someone without cata will see after the release.

People on the beta have the same version as you have on the PTR, but they are basically equivalent to those who have bought cata and do have acces to the candy.

Deleted
    ptr isn't beta .. so

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ty Cluck and OnyxZarin
    Also, I have the beta, but I wanted to test stuff with RL friends.

-Patrickstarr

Quote Originally Posted by Aragniel View Post
    Before Cata comes out, we'll get a patch that contains all the important stuff, but without the cata features. That is what you are testing on the PTR, and what you're testing is what someone without cata will see after the release.
    *Bzzt* Wrong! You lose out on winning a brand new car! The PTR is the Cataclysm pre-patch, once Cataclysm is actually released the old world will change for everyone, including those without the expansion. Goblins, Worgen, Archaeology and post-80 content will only be available to those with the expansion, but any other content in the expansion is available to all.

The launcher is the one used for Cataclysm the beta notes are on it but you are on the ptr testing 4.0.1 , basicaly the new spells and ui changes with whatever changes to professions, that isnt going to change untill this ptr go's live