Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    nop magic isnt limitless
    tell that to the dudes who go back in time. personally i wish the entire universe would go back to warcraft 2, before all of these caster world-creators, world-enders.

Field Marshal Herald of Garrosh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I couldnt understand 90% of what that antonatsis guy said.

But from what I could salvage...

The cost of splitting the world into pieces may be great, but the fact that its even possible by some average joe nelf or collection of human and elves is a problem.

Let them come! BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Garrosh View Post
    Exactly, they went around saying, WELL THRALL CAN HOLD THE WORLD TOGETHER WITH 3 DUDES!
    Illidan can tear apart northrend from the ship!
    Rhonin Red shit can do all of that twice at the same time, because his mirror images time traveled or some shit.

Apparently, we're two steps away from in lore, deleting entire parts of the world...why are there armies at this point?

---------- Post added 2010-09-19 at 08:34 AM ----------

Broxigar was created and ended, in the same breath.

Varian's lore is as well written, as the stuff you find for captions on deviant art.
    Hurtful but true :')

Back on topic; I have to agree with you, but magic is just that, when a mortal race weilds magic its like letting a mentally unstable 8 year old loose with a chainsaw in a panda sanctuary. Incredibly dangerous.
    Last edited by mmoc6a21fffc07; 2010-09-19 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typos

C) mostly due to b). You really don't want one of those to go haywire.

Besides, other armies have mages too that can counter yours. It's still an arms race, just with different arms.

warriors etc are there for the great 1 vs 1 fights.
    Or when the enemy isnt a magic user himself

Broxxigar vs a legion of melee units.
    Broxxigar vs Sargeras
    Varian vs Onyxia
    Grom vs Mannoroth

Magic users can do cool stuff out of combat, while physical classes cant.
    Just play a paladin or enh shammy. U get the awesome of beating your enemies skull + the great lroe and spells that befit a mana user
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Garrosh View Post
    Magic is given limitless power and imagination.
    Platon would agree with this, and like it.

Thing is that this kind of magic has generously been scaled to epic proportions and almost everything is possible in the lore. That is the problem. Even in RL legends on mages, summoners or shamans that level of power was never achievable.

It looks like dragonball cartoons sometimes. Every new enemy must be more powerfull than the previous so the levels of energy and power keep scaling and scaling untill one blow can destroy the universe itself. It is just getting rediculous.

What hasnt been mentioned is that almost all the harm done in azeroth, according to the lore , started from the hunt of magic controll.

But that's what you get when you marry the lore with holywood whimsical scenarios.

Hate when casters are made too powerful... And FUCKING TIME TWISTING!!!!!!

I hate time traveling..........

I am a caster...

well, I'd say a giant ball of fire will most likely destroy things faster than sword strikes, so you can't really blame casters for looking so much stronger than melee characters...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.