My Background downloader don't pop up!!

Hey, i have a problem.

When i launch my wow the launcher says: Data for the next patch is available. Download will start after you exit World of Warcraft.

But when i exit, nothing is happening. I tried to launch the Background downloaded from the files in my wow files, but it says: Data for the next patch is not available..

I don't understand a thing of this, can anybody please help. Cause the last thing i want is to download all 5-10 GB on patchday!!!

Kind Regards Imported

Deleted
    Usually the background downloader launches as you launch WoW (not the WoW launcher, but the game itself), and you can then find the small blue Blizzard icon on your bar, next to your clock. Try opening that up to see if it's there if you have a small arrow to view all icons there (<).

Mine normally starts hidden unless I open up the icons and double click the launcher.

15+ Year Old Account
    hello 'Imported'!

i recently had this exact situation. Use the repair tool located in WoW's default directory. (wherever you have WoW installed)

uncheck all options for cache and addon resets, just do 'check files' let the repair too finish. When it's done, try launching through the launcher again!

Pretty sure this will solve any problems. Good Luck!

For me, on the launcher i went into Options, then download options and ticked every box.
    Then just open up WoW and close it and it worked.

However, the new patch stuff released today/yesterday, the background downloader pops up...but just says "waiting..." for ages..=/

Thx for all the quick replys..

Think i'am gonna try to do a wow repair and se if that solves the problem!!

But if any of you have any sugestions to what i and others can do please reply them here..

Kind Regards Imported

I have had to do this on all 3 of my computers.

1. Go into wow folder and locate Blizzard Downloader.....delete it.

2. Run Check files only on the Repair tool. This will download and basically replace you with an updated Downloader.

3. Right click on the Blizz Downloader and click Properties and click Compatibility.

4. Where it says something about compatibility check that box and try using the Win 98/ME

5. Then click down at the bottom Run as administrator.

6. Back in Wow Folder proper....right click Launcher and click Properties. Go to Compatibility and click Run as administrator.

This fixed all my computers that would not launch the downloader.

Hope this helps yall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chodaboy View Post
    I have had to do this on all 3 of my computers.

1. Go into wow folder and locate Blizzard Downloader.....delete it.

2. Run Check files only on the Repair tool. This will download and basically replace you with an updated Downloader.

3. Right click on the Blizz Downloader and click Properties and click Compatibility.

4. Where it says something about compatibility check that box and try using the Win 98/ME

5. Then click down at the bottom Run as administrator.

6. Back in Wow Folder proper....right click Launcher and click Properties. Go to Compatibility and click Run as administrator.

This fixed all my computers that would not launch the downloader.

Hope this helps yall.
    I did more or less what you discriped, i didnt delete the Blizzard Downloader..

But it did indeed work to do a Repair of the game..

Thx Chodabot and all others who reply's to this Thread!!

I have the same issue, but found this fix! Thanks =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom View Post
    Usually the background downloader launches as you launch WoW (not the WoW launcher, but the game itself), and you can then find the small blue Blizzard icon on your bar, next to your clock. Try opening that up to see if it's there if you have a small arrow to view all icons there (<).

Mine normally starts hidden unless I open up the icons and double click the launcher.
    Played this game since TBC and I never noticed that.