Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord bethofwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right here *waves*
    Posts
    752

    To all the QQ'ers: The truth about 4.0.1

    All right. It has been only a couple of days after the release and I can't take it anymore. Trade chat, MMO boards, filled with whining, bitching, pissing and moaning about how everything sucks and they are going to quit the game because they aren't OP anymore. First of all, to those who say that, good riddance. Those of us who love the game don't need to hear your tears anymore. Not in game or on this site.

    More to the point, the most aggrevating thing about all this crying is these people don't seem to understand the point of this patch and why it was done. All those talent changes, new emblem loot rules and access to better gear we have been getting these past months was all designed for one reason, to get us all powerful enough to experience the end game content, the death of the Lich King and the end of the Wrath storyline. Blizzard wanted to make sure as many players as possible got to be a part of this, so yes they made it a lot easier to get imba gear and be Azeroth's greatest champions.

    Here's the thing though. It's expansion time. Now, it is not about end game anymore, it's about levelling and advancement once again. Enter patch 4.0.1. These new talents and loot rules are designed to get us back into an adventure mode once again, after months on end of grinding and farming that boring Citidel. What point would there be in releasing an expansion, if everybody's OP toon could just buzz saw their way to lvl 85? Bringing down Arthas is great and all, but it is time for us to prove ourselves once again.

    I know the thought of having to actually work and truly learn the class you are playing again, rather than just endlessly spamming 3 buttons is scary, but that is what makes this game great. Changes are good. Those who want complain about what is wrong rather then be excited for the journey to come, should really just find something else to do with your spare time, and leave the rest of us to enjoying the next chapter in our epic adventures.

    Deathwing awaits!!
    Last edited by bethofwow; 2010-10-15 at 03:48 AM.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

  2. #2
    Here here! I've heard alot of whining both in guild, trade and on Ventrilo. And I say the same to anyone listening out there, as I did ingame: Learn to adapt and overcome! :P
    Armory: Meurik

  3. #3
    Agreed.
    But people will always moan and groan, and/or cry when things change. Be it a game or something in RL. Its just one of those sad facts.

  4. #4
    You, sir, win the game.

    +50 DKP.

    On topic: True story. Its all about relearning the changes with the abilities. True, certain classes are weaker than other - its always been that way, sorry, but, get over it they will fix it in time.

    QQ is never a good thing. To those of us willing to learn and adapt to the new bad ass changes - I applaud you. The rest, please dont renew your subscription ever again.

  5. #5
    The Patient Jorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    290
    I dunno, I like people crying about how they can't faceroll everything. Gives me people to make fun of in Trade.

    Seriously though, well said. People need to adapt or gtfo. Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or some other lame idiom.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    268
    I take it you're not a Warrior then...

  7. #7
    It's as if people have forgotten the troubles we went through back in 2.0 and 3.0 patches. Remember the days of the stupidly overpowered Ret Pally in 3.0 anyone?

    Balance will be fixed in time. I'm more concerned about the actual BUGS of the patch, like inspecting other players not always working, not able to see Point Rewards in Dungeon Finder etc. Most of the QQ and whining comes from people demanding BALANCE at level 80, when Blizzard are trying to retune it for the eventual new level cap of 85.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSnow View Post
    I take it you're not a Warrior then...
    Your point being?

    The balance in 4.0.1 was never intended to be 100% perfect for level 80 players. It's intended for level 85. The fact that it's playable at all right now, should be something people are HAPPY about. Instead of whining, such as yourself (butthurt warriors doing several thousand dps less now). Blizzard are working on "caving in, to the QQ demands". Patience. Or quit the game.
    Armory: Meurik

  8. #8
    I've never been a huge fan of people posting what everyone is thinking, claiming to be the voice of reason and getting a bunch of people to agree with him. It's Wow people would bitch if this game printed money for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSnow View Post
    I take it you're not a Warrior then...
    ^This. I play a hunter but I know of the shit state warriors are in, I don't care who you are, going into a patch with high hopes, and having your class be complete garbage while waiting for the fixes is annoying, and is something worth complaining about, because if no one complained, nothing would be fixed.
    Last edited by criticism; 2010-10-15 at 03:58 AM.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Ronnosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Well put!! *thumbs up*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

  10. #10
    Blademaster Acrophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    35
    Totally agree.

  11. #11
    I can't wait for the QQ about Cata Heroics. Hopefully I will get my fill of this before the end of the year

    I enjoy the QQ, it is my fuel.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    It's as if people have forgotten the troubles we went through back in 2.0 and 3.0 patches. Remember the days of the stupidly overpowered Ret Pally in 3.0 anyone?

    Balance will be fixed in time. I'm more concerned about the actual BUGS of the patch, like inspecting other players not always working, not able to see Point Rewards in Dungeon Finder etc. Most of the QQ and whining comes from people demanding BALANCE at level 80, when Blizzard are trying to retune it for the eventual new level cap of 85.



    Your point being?

    The balance in 4.0.1 was never intended to be 100% perfect for level 80 players. It's intended for level 85. The fact that it's playable at all right now, should be something people are HAPPY about. Instead of whining, such as yourself (butthurt warriors doing several thousand dps less now). Blizzard are working on "caving in, to the QQ demands". Patience. Or quit the game.
    I'm not going to do to much complaining here; however, I am gonna shed a little light on your ignorance to the "warriors being butthurt comment".

    Way I see it, you're playing two OP classes atm DK and Sham, maybe not as OP as Mages and Warlocks, but comparable to warriors... OP. I've heard of Shams getting crits above and around 20-30k. I have a Frost DK who's Obliterates crit for 20-26k (26k being the most I've seen thus far). Warriors atm are having a problems breaking the 20k barrier on crit. Now I'm not the best geared.. no where near... however I would expect a warrior clad in 264 ilvl gear except his ranged slot to at least be able to break 20k. Mages and Warlocks I've heard some really big numbers being put out there that I would only expect from an ICC 30% buff and the toon fully decked out in 277 ilvl gear.

    Once more I understand that the games been tuned to the lvl 85 perspective now. I just think and feel that some how we're getting the short end of the stick. And yes, I'm well aware that Warriors are very gear dependant, before someone states the obvious.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of this forum turns me into an argumentative ass.

    To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    LOL tell that a girl, seriously!!! That would be so funny!!! LOL

    OT: The people who qq suck at the game, elitists but pretend to be an elitist for they actually suck, and emo kids.

    Yes I know what emo means, I am using it so I can stereotypically use it as an argument. lol

  14. #14
    Only Thing what im sad about are my gems. My all arp gems have changed to crit, which is propably weakest stat for any spec of rogue atm, and replacing them all would cost me almost all my money :/

  15. #15
    So your whinging about people whinging?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenir View Post
    Only Thing what im sad about are my gems. My all arp gems have changed to crit, which is propably weakest stat for any spec of rogue atm, and replacing them all would cost me almost all my money :/
    Then don't replace them. Take a month or so long break from WoW, and come back in Cataclysm, and replace all that gear by 82-83
    Armory: Meurik

  17. #17
    anger is a bad feeling i hope you don't feel anger no more be happy

  18. #18
    I just wish people would stop crying over shit. Giving blizz facts and numbers will get you a lot farther than "WTF BLIZZ YOU NERFED ME FUCK YOU, YOU SUCK FUCK YOU OP PEOPLE"

    Seriously... Stop acting like a spoiled 5 year old. Makes fixing your class take longer

    Less bs to read through, the faster can look at people who give facts and figures.

  19. #19
    I do kinda laugh when I see people getting upset because Blizzard changed their class. Sometimes I wonder if people realize they are playing an MMO.

  20. #20
    /shrug you're kinda feeding it with QQing about QQ...dosn't make much since, also this happns for every patch, its nothing new.

    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •